Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Obble

Reply #12825 Posted: April 29, 2012, 10:52:41 am

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quite possibly the most boring article I've ever half read.

Reply #12827 Posted: April 29, 2012, 11:06:34 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
It's Gawker Media.

The entire outfit is run by drunks and fanboys.

Reply #12828 Posted: April 29, 2012, 11:23:07 am

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Hey if they're getting paid for that slother, good on them.

Joke's on codex for reading it.
Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 01:52:38 pm by Pyromanik

Reply #12829 Posted: April 29, 2012, 11:51:41 am

Codex

Reply #12830 Posted: April 29, 2012, 12:36:52 pm

Offline Pyromanik

What I want to know is why do I have to load a webpage to load a webpage?
You load http://kotaku.com/5905760/controller-throwing - and you get a blank page.
The script on that page then goes and makes another request to load the content.

yo dawg... etc.

No, I'm wrong.

The entire article is loaded in the first request, but it's loaded as JAVASCRIPT. So you can't read it, because javascript doesn't render.
You cannot see the content until you enable javascript, at which point all their analytics and tracking bullshit gets run too.
Oh, only if you load the library from gawkerassets that loads all the shit up for you.
So kinda 2 requests.

Code: [Select]
hmm = document.createElement('div');
hmm.innerHTML = document.getElementById('container').getElementsByTagName('script')[0].textContent.replace(/(^\s*)|(\s*$)/g,'').replace(/\\"/g,'"').replace(/\\n/g,'').replace(/\\t/g,'').replace(/\\\//g,'/').replace(/\\r/g,'');
hmm = hmm.getElementsByClassName('alpha')[0];
document.getElementsByClassName('mainContent')[0].innerHTML = hmm.innerHTML;

Fixed.

Fuck you and your shit blogs kotaku.

Reply #12831 Posted: April 29, 2012, 01:51:53 pm

Obble

Reply #12832 Posted: April 29, 2012, 01:57:49 pm

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!

Reply #12833 Posted: April 29, 2012, 02:21:34 pm

Codex

Quote from: Pyromanik;1482927
I'm not sure why I don't just read the article linked to spork, perhaps I better try seeing what they did wrong with their website despite it having no relevance

zzzz

Code: [Select]
look at my cool story, it's so cool

Fixed.
I see what you did there.

Reply #12834 Posted: April 29, 2012, 04:34:14 pm

Offline zolteg

• Devoted Member
  • zolteg has no influence.
Quote from: Obble;1482874
e.g, fridays i work in town, so i catch the bus in/home. There is a girl who always sits in the same spot on the way home, i usually sit on the other side of the bus, further back. Every fucking week she looks back at me, multiple times, without trying to make it too obvious, but being an internet master, i pick up on these things, she even smiles at me when i get off, but i pretend i dont see it. It really makes me feel insecure at times, its been happening for months too, makes me all like PROBLIM? except im too scared to actually say that, because she might hit me, and i am a fragile person.

:cower:

Rearrange shit so you off a couple of minutes early.  Head up stream and get on bus before her.  Sit in her seat.  See what happens.....

Reply #12835 Posted: April 29, 2012, 05:35:45 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Oh man, that'd be a clear sign you're keen.

Totes sit in her seat.

Reply #12836 Posted: April 29, 2012, 05:36:41 pm

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!

Reply #12837 Posted: April 29, 2012, 05:38:32 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Quote from: Emrico1;1482993
Take a puffy jacket to hide your boner

Nah, just flip it up inside your belt. And when you walk out, make sure it hangs out so you smack all the heads of everyone as you walk passed. Like a card in the spokes of a bicycle tire.

Reply #12838 Posted: April 29, 2012, 05:41:31 pm

Obble

Quote from: zolteg;1482991
Rearrange shit so you off a couple of minutes early.  Head up stream and get on bus before her.  Sit in her seat.  See what happens.....

She sits in the seat just behind the back door, i cant fit in that seat.

Reply #12839 Posted: April 29, 2012, 06:00:18 pm

Offline Pyromanik

Reply #12840 Posted: April 29, 2012, 07:24:31 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Quote from: Pyromanik;1483009
bobziolla; fatty.
You heard it here first.

Harsh.

Reply #12841 Posted: April 29, 2012, 07:25:24 pm

Offline Pyromanik

Quote from: Codex;1482982
I see what you did there.

Bro, what I did was way more interesting and whorthwhile of my time than any article you link from kotaku.
Especially if you're trying to make veiled references to Spork with it.

But yeh, it's a pretty cool story if you don't have the mental capacity for it...

Reply #12842 Posted: April 29, 2012, 07:26:04 pm

Obble

Quote from: Pyromanik;1483009
bobziolla; fatty.
You heard it here first.
Talking about the leg room, you goober.

Get back to me when you have a cbd son.

Fuming mate.
Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 07:32:35 pm by Obble

Reply #12843 Posted: April 29, 2012, 07:29:29 pm

Codex

Quote from: Pyromanik;1483011
Bro, what I did was way more interesting and whorthwhile of my time than any article you link from kotaku.
Especially if you're trying to make veiled references to Spork with it.
Spork feels the pain, he blames fifa.

Quote from: Pyromanik;1483011
But yeh, it's a pretty cool story if you don't have the mental capacity for it...
You're pretty cute xx

Reply #12844 Posted: April 29, 2012, 07:39:59 pm

Offline Pyromanik

Reply #12845 Posted: April 29, 2012, 07:45:01 pm

Codex

Better be careful pyro

Bob get's easily jealous of our love

He's pretty gay

Reply #12846 Posted: April 29, 2012, 07:45:59 pm

Offline Pyromanik

Reply #12847 Posted: April 29, 2012, 07:47:09 pm

Obble

Reply #12848 Posted: April 29, 2012, 07:47:20 pm

Offline Pyromanik

just mirin, full jelly, fuming fatty with long legs.

Reply #12849 Posted: April 29, 2012, 07:48:02 pm