Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Emrico1;1487473
Kiwi one would just be goes outside, get's marauded by gangs...

Stop living in Gisborne.

Quote from: Retardobot;1487490
And skin cancer.

This is nothing but true.

Quote from: Retardobot;1487511
Despite my unimpressed, self righteous attitude towards New Zealand, it's as much a career move as anything. I can't be where I want to be by staying in New Zealand.

My want to make my mark on a consumerist nation of spenders can't be done in a country of small businesses and farmers. The average client here can't satisfy me (everyone is still scared of creative design and believes what we do can be done by them if they just have the right software).

Clients from hell paints a different picture.
Well actually the same picture. Just with some of the words spelt (spelled) funny.

Reply #13100 Posted: May 28, 2012, 11:57:43 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Quote from: Pyromanik;1487618
Stop living in Gisborne.

Ha this is true.
It's pretty much gangymcderp town here. Driving around town is a bit like playing on the dodgem cars with all the special kids.

Amazing place though, the east coast is mind=blown for surf...

Reply #13101 Posted: May 29, 2012, 08:51:22 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
I ALWAYS do my best for printers, but lately they've been dropping the ball.

Almost a year and a half into dealing with a certain printer and I --by mistake-- find out they have issues with PDFs I produce (export to 300DPI, all CMYK (colours and images unless spot colours are being used), fonts pathed, bleed & trim). I inquire to what the issue is and I'm told that their old, obscure version of COREL doesn't play nice with my PDFs. So I ask what they'd prefer. I'm told they'd prefer full size JPEGs instead. So I now give them JPEGs for large jobs (signage boards, building & vehicle signage etc.). They show up to install the print with the client and I'm told the print is 10cm too big. I double check what I gave them and the size is correct along with an email I had sent clearly stating the amount of bleed given with clear trim marks.

Sigh.

CODEX, EM & GROWLER. HEAR MY PAIN.

Reply #13102 Posted: May 29, 2012, 02:05:44 pm

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
I'm hoping they are using large format inkjet, otherwise:

jpegs? JPEGS??!?!?! JAYFUCKINPEGS!! What sort of upthearse backward arsefuked bastard printers are they?!
The entire industry runs on .pdf these days. Tell them to l2print or supply your indesign/photoshop/illy files and a jpeg for proofing only.
I worked in pre-press for two years and despite exporting the separations from corel (other guy was really set in his ways derp) .pdfs and working files were always fine.

*feels pain... deeep

Reply #13103 Posted: May 29, 2012, 02:22:20 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
I can't supply working files in inDesign because they don't have it. Can't supply Illustrator files because they run on v7/8 (legacy).

I have to ask them what bloody format they want for every job now to prevent stuff ups. It sucks because they're a reputable outfit, they produce good work. They've just been going full retard lately.

Reply #13104 Posted: May 29, 2012, 02:28:23 pm

Offline Emrico1

They have always been full retard. No indesign? illy version8? FUCKING WHAT!? GET FUCKED, YOU AREN'T PRINTERS.

You need to get a new printer bru

Reply #13105 Posted: May 29, 2012, 02:31:12 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.

Reply #13106 Posted: May 29, 2012, 02:34:21 pm

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
  • Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!

Reply #13107 Posted: May 29, 2012, 02:35:15 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline Emrico1

Reply #13108 Posted: May 29, 2012, 02:52:02 pm

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!

Reply #13109 Posted: May 29, 2012, 03:07:05 pm

Offline AvatarFACE

• Devoted Member
  • AvatarFACE is working their way up.AvatarFACE is working their way up.AvatarFACE is working their way up.

Reply #13110 Posted: May 29, 2012, 05:11:37 pm
Wallpaper thread (It was good when it was updated)

Codex

Quote from: Emrico1;1487528
Know that feel bro

Client says they's do it themselves if they had photoshop.
I turn laptop around with photoshop open, say "go for it"
Client nervously scratches head and says, "I'd need to learn it"
I say, "no, you'd need to spend ten years learning what I have"
Client doesn't go ahead with quote, I find out he says I'm arrogant.
I lol. Suggesting they could do my job while asking me for help isnt?

It's not the fucking god damn software you moron bastards.

No truer words have been spoken today

Reply #13111 Posted: May 29, 2012, 07:37:06 pm

Obble

people like emrico and riitardo make me laugh, trying to make out drawing dicks all day is a hard job.

I'm on to you guys.

Reply #13112 Posted: May 29, 2012, 08:27:53 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!

Reply #13113 Posted: May 29, 2012, 08:30:38 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.
Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 08:53:19 pm by Tandoori

Reply #13114 Posted: May 29, 2012, 08:47:28 pm

Offline Emrico1

looks just like that shop in Gisborne

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z264/Emrico1/dicksnmeth.jpg
Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Reply #13115 Posted: May 29, 2012, 09:51:33 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Emrico1 again.

Reply #13116 Posted: May 29, 2012, 09:56:22 pm

Codex

Lol seriously rii? When I was doing it if they didn't know how to handle a pdf (of any kind) then we didn't deal with them, usually meant the product would suffer and it usually does

That printer sounds like a derp >_>

Coral

really

REALLY?

The only good software they ever made was painter

Reply #13117 Posted: May 30, 2012, 06:15:11 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
!Corel Draw: The application caused an error in 0x0123DERP, and was closed.

Reply #13118 Posted: May 30, 2012, 06:24:53 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
So had the big meeting today at work going through scholarship applications with the judging panel, 130 odd applicants and 40 successful.

Gotta send out the rejected letters, so tempted to put;

"THE TRIBE HAS SPOKEN"

but I don't think it'll go down well.
Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 07:05:42 pm by Tandoori

Reply #13119 Posted: May 30, 2012, 07:05:33 pm

Offline Pyromanik

Reply #13120 Posted: May 30, 2012, 07:12:00 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
Watching all the diablo kids detox is hilarious

Reply #13121 Posted: May 30, 2012, 08:11:50 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Obble

Killing cunts on dayZ and watching them cry is hilarious.

Reply #13122 Posted: May 30, 2012, 08:34:37 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
A Merivale metal recycling initiative has gone awry after bags of 'Aranui currency' were discovered by a pair of trademen visiting from the Eastern Suburbs.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/7022854/58-000-in-coins-found-in-street

Reply #13123 Posted: May 31, 2012, 02:24:59 pm

Offline Pyromanik

Quote from: Speakman;1487960
Watching all the diablo kids detox is hilarious

???

Reply #13124 Posted: May 31, 2012, 09:10:38 pm