Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Growler;1492437
You got holidays owing?

Hand in notice, inform last week of work you will be taking owed holidays..... FUCK YEAH!

I've got a few days yeah.

But I'll just get them to pay me out. I want to do my best to tie up loose ends here before I go anywhere.

Reply #13500 Posted: July 03, 2012, 01:26:19 pm

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Forget the guilt.

Motherfucker earned no respect. He rode you like a donkey, disrespected your work and treated you like a pesant.
That would have been the perfect time to blow up and say, consider this my notice OK!
He's never going to learn if people dance around for him.

Reply #13501 Posted: July 03, 2012, 01:27:00 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
I'd have no regrets on walking out on a douchebag like that.
At the end of he day the clients are either getting rimjobs from him or they're equally as carefree about their work quality. They'll either go elsewhere where they get good service and good work, or shit all over their own stuff anyway, in which case they were probably arsehole clients who deserved it.

Perhaps your leaving will be the nail in the coffin for this dickbag.

So long and thanks for all the fish.

PS, Congratulations on the job! :)

Reply #13502 Posted: July 03, 2012, 06:22:05 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Anyone offer any tips for writing a resignation letter?

I haven't written one since I was 14.

Saying "kthanx bai" after cleaning a butchery for 6 months.

Reply #13503 Posted: July 03, 2012, 06:34:02 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.
Quote from: Retardobot;1492515
Anyone offer any tips for writing a resignation letter?

I haven't written one since I was 14.

Saying "kthanx bai" after cleaning a butchery for 6 months.

Thank your employer for the opportunity, wish the company well, and state your finishing date.

basically;
Code: [Select]

To whom it may concern,

I hereby tender my resignation from all positions held with [co. name] effective from 31 July 2012.

I would like to formally thank the company for the opportunities presented to me and wish it the very best.

Regards,
Retardo.

Keep it short and to the point, all it's really there for is to confirm that written notice has been given.

Reply #13504 Posted: July 03, 2012, 07:20:16 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Reply #13505 Posted: July 03, 2012, 07:22:06 pm

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
But fart on it just before you give it to him K

Reply #13506 Posted: July 03, 2012, 09:33:21 pm

Codex

shitting on the letter before giving it to him would be too good a deed for the shitface

Reply #13507 Posted: July 03, 2012, 11:44:10 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Well,

That all went better than expected.

He was hugely apologetic. Sad to see me go etc. Wanted to change my mind and match what Massey are offering (didn't say anything because I don't think he could match it, they are paying me more than what he was paying his most senior designer when I started here).

Way to little, way to late. I might want to stay if I was offered a pay rise earlier but now I feel he was just trying to ride me for as long as he could for as cheap as he could. Turns out he knows I'm worth more but didn't want to give me more until he really had to. But money isn't the reason why I am leaving, career advancement and a better working environment is why I am going to Massey.

Bit of an ego boost. However, he wants to get back to me on the date I have chosen to leave. I've given 2 weeks notice as stipulated in my contract but he's scared he isn't going to be able to replace me in time. Which is understandable.

Sigh.
Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 08:43:15 am by Retardobot

Reply #13508 Posted: July 05, 2012, 08:40:19 am

Offline Pitchey

• Addicted
  • Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!

Reply #13509 Posted: July 05, 2012, 12:18:18 pm

Offline Kopfjaeger

• Addicted
  • Kopfjaeger has no influence.
^^ Indeed.  Gratz on the new gig must feel very satisfying.

Reply #13510 Posted: July 05, 2012, 01:00:39 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

It does.

Talking to some mates about replacing me and they're all NOPE when they hear how much I get paid.

Turns out I was getting well and TRULY shafted.

Reply #13511 Posted: July 05, 2012, 01:07:18 pm

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
  • Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
Don't stick around after the 2 weeks, say that you start your new position immediately. If he is dumb enough to give you 2 weeks notice then abuse it.

Gratz on the job, may this thread be filled with less of Riis painful work stories in the future

Reply #13512 Posted: July 05, 2012, 03:36:31 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

I'd like to give him more than 2 weeks, but my contract only asks for 2 weeks.

I've requested that I finish on the 20th and my new position starts on the 23rd. So I don't have much room to barter with if he wants me to stay longer.

Reply #13513 Posted: July 05, 2012, 03:40:16 pm

Offline frankytanky

• Devoted Member
  • frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.
didn't that telecom guy get like 1.25 million for hanging around and helping the transition to the next guy? Its not unreasonable to ask for this.

Reply #13514 Posted: July 05, 2012, 04:07:02 pm

Offline Emrico1

Quote from: Retardobot;1492801
I'd like to give him more than 2 weeks, but my contract only asks for 2 weeks.

I've requested that I finish on the 20th and my new position starts on the 23rd. So I don't have much room to barter with if he wants me to stay longer.

Don't do it brah, captain milk milk (your boss) can just learn not to take employees for granted. 2 weeks, gone.

Besides, you need a few days off to recover.

Reply #13515 Posted: July 05, 2012, 04:57:50 pm

Offline Pitchey

• Addicted
  • Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!
True Rico, and you need to be fresh and ready for your NEW employer! Because their the ones paying you now!

Reply #13516 Posted: July 05, 2012, 05:59:23 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Retardobot;1492789
It does.

Talking to some mates about replacing me and they're all NOPE when they hear how much I get paid.

Oh yeah you were.
Not only the pay, but the hours. Oh god those hours. And the expectation to fill them when they're not required (and shouldn't be with proper management!).

Congratulations on the clean exit.

Good luck at Massey! Should be good for you :>

Reply #13517 Posted: July 05, 2012, 06:42:43 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Codex

Quote from: Retardobot;1492789
It does.

Completely ignoring what you were getting paid his work ethics promoting corner cutting and overall shitty rushed deadlines with sloppy guidelines is no place i'd want anyone to work.

Reply #13518 Posted: July 05, 2012, 10:36:29 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Good points made by all.

Massey already want to take me out to drinks.

Epic job is epic and I haven't even started yet.

Also: TEENAGERS AND MOVIES. SHUT THE FUCK UP NARRATING YOU STUPID PIECES OF SHIT.

Which brings me to my next point; Spiderman. Big fat meh. Emma Stone however <>.

Reply #13519 Posted: July 05, 2012, 10:55:32 pm

Obble

I wanted to take you out for drinks, they day i lay eyes on you bb.

Reply #13520 Posted: July 05, 2012, 11:08:02 pm

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!
You're young Ri. Ditch the guilt stuff. You had a contract with your current employer and you met the terms. You owe them nothing more, either morally, ethically or legally. Move on with a clear conscience.

Reply #13521 Posted: July 06, 2012, 12:32:49 am

Blackwatch Off Topic - Abandon hope all ye who enter here

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.

Reply #13522 Posted: July 06, 2012, 01:15:01 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Thanks guys.

---

Bloody women. I'm taking care of the dogs, the cat and the house for 3 months, I decide to send her flowers and packages of clothes she needs (at $20 a pop) and she wont even give me 2 minutes before she goes to bed to chat online. (She's on the other side of the world).

Sounds like a bitchy thing to complain about but home life is boring as fuck and I need to vent like a frustrated housewife.
Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 10:04:03 am by Retardobot

Reply #13523 Posted: July 06, 2012, 10:01:47 am

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
Quote from: Retardobot;1492911
Thanks guys.

---

Bloody women. I'm taking care of the dogs, the cat and the house for 3 months, I decide to send her flowers and packages of clothes she needs (at $20 a pop) and she wont even give me 2 minutes before she goes to bed to chat online. (She's on the other side of the world).

Sounds like a bitchy thing to complain about but home life is boring as fuck and I need to vent like a frustrated housewife.

Go buy a bottle of Hendrick's.

Reply #13524 Posted: July 06, 2012, 10:55:11 am