Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Codex

Is it? I thought it was going to be a single film?

Reply #13950 Posted: August 12, 2012, 02:18:29 pm

Obble

Quote from: Codex;1498285
Is it? I thought it was going to be a single film?

Nope, actual real life trilogy.

Reply #13951 Posted: August 12, 2012, 02:29:05 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
It was originally going to be 2 films.

I've never read the book/s? Same as I never read the LOTR books. But I trust that ol' PJ will make it an enjoyable watch.

Just be prepared for loyalists to cry out over "THAT NEVER HAPPENED IN THE BOOK".

Reply #13952 Posted: August 12, 2012, 02:38:55 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
The book is fucking good, I can see how they can make 3 movies out of it, there are sort of 3 major parts, the journey, the discovery and then the defense. Would all make epic movies.

Reply #13953 Posted: August 12, 2012, 03:20:07 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.

Reply #13954 Posted: August 12, 2012, 05:10:45 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.
I'm not interested in devoting 9 hours of my life to watching three movies about a book that already taxed my time signficantly.

Tolkien uses descriptive language like a motherfuckin' black hole.

Great story, but Jesus; I can't be fucked spending all that time revisiting it.

Reply #13955 Posted: August 12, 2012, 05:15:01 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Pyromanik;1498180
That's some fucked up shit.

(Hori)

Reply #13956 Posted: August 12, 2012, 05:31:38 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
been a while since I read it, but I'm pretty sure you can read the hobbit in less than 9 hours....(10 hours by the time they add deleted scenes - 12 with special features)

Reply #13957 Posted: August 12, 2012, 05:58:36 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
Of the three jobs I've applied for while drinking Whiskey, I've had call backs for all three of them

TLDR - Bushmills is awesome

Reply #13958 Posted: August 13, 2012, 01:57:52 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Kopfjaeger

• Addicted
  • Kopfjaeger has no influence.
Booker Noe's TIA....btw were the call backs of a positive or negative nature ?

Reply #13959 Posted: August 13, 2012, 02:37:35 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!

Reply #13960 Posted: August 13, 2012, 02:50:12 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
  • Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Spork;1498326
nottoobad.jpg

I think you are using that equal to the whole of NZ's bandwidth, and if someone were to do that over here they would break the internet forever and NZ would envelop into a black hole.

Reply #13961 Posted: August 13, 2012, 03:10:34 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Codex

Reply #13962 Posted: August 13, 2012, 04:15:31 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
You gotta stop going to those gay bars chibilix

Reply #13963 Posted: August 13, 2012, 04:16:33 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Codex

Where else can I meet you then?

Builders report getting done tomorrow -_- just want to get all this rubbish over with

Reply #13964 Posted: August 13, 2012, 04:55:18 pm

Offline Growler

Reply #13965 Posted: August 13, 2012, 05:13:35 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline CSfaith

• Devoted Member
  • CSfaith has no influence.
Quote from: Speakman;1498453
Of the three jobs I've applied for while drinking Whiskey, I've had call backs for all three of them

TLDR - Bushmills is awesome

Doing it like a boss +1

@growler, reply to your pm

Reply #13966 Posted: August 13, 2012, 05:22:52 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.
Uni getting all hardcore for the last week before term-break.

2 * 20% tests, 15% presentation, and 2* 40% essays to complete over the break.

But it's all good, next week will be so chill.

Going to see Helen Clark lecture on the environment and shit:

https://www.facebook.com/events/472641969413900/

And The Press Writers festival has got some cool presentations on too, probably head along the the Bronwyn Hayward and Nicky Hager lectures.

http://chchwritersfest.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/CWF-programme-2012.pdf

Reply #13967 Posted: August 13, 2012, 09:04:00 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Helen Clark lectures on environment.

Gives awards to tobacco companies and shit.

Reply #13968 Posted: August 13, 2012, 09:06:12 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
Regardless of whether or not you reckon she's got more testosterone than Caster Semenya, you've got to hand her the respect for being a fucking BOSS when it comes to political leadership and at least well-intentioned in terms of social development.

Attributes which can seldom be prescribed to New Zealand politicians.

Reply #13969 Posted: August 13, 2012, 09:20:47 pm

Offline Aloysius

• Just settled in
  • Aloysius has no influence.
Is that her only one in chch this week? I thought she had one in burnside high? (tried to find the link again at UC, but couldn't. I hate their new front end website)

edit: found it. http://www.canterbury.ac.nz/events/EventDisplay.aspx?ItemId=3878
Its on buidling resilence.
Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 09:35:43 pm by Aloysius

Reply #13970 Posted: August 13, 2012, 09:32:53 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Quote from: Xenolightning;1498462
I think you are using that equal to the whole of NZ's bandwidth, and if someone were to do that over here they would break the internet forever and NZ would envelop into a black hole.

After having internet where I was happy for it to be at 1mb/s, Telstra have got it right on this occasion.

Reply #13971 Posted: August 13, 2012, 10:15:45 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
Quote from: Aloysius;1498512
Is that her only one in chch this week? I thought she had one in burnside high? (tried to find the link again at UC, but couldn't. I hate their new front end website)

edit: found it. http://www.canterbury.ac.nz/events/EventDisplay.aspx?ItemId=3878
Its on buidling resilence.

I'm already going to be heading over to Burnside on Wednesday to try and hustle a free ticket to TedXchch (fuck paying for it, but it would be interesting for a geeze) - that's @ 5.30PM, so I might just sift around @ the pub for an hour and then head back to see Uncle Hel.

Also:

Cantabrians, don't miss economist Steve Keen on Saturday September 08th ...

Author of best-selling book Debunking Economics, Steve Keen is Professor of Economics and Finance at the University of Western Sydney. He is a speaker of international renown and a voice of reason in confusing financial times. He was recently interviewed by Kim Hill on Radio NZ National and he’s crossing the ditch in September to talk to New Zealanders about the economy.

Saturday 8th September 2012 at 5pm – C1 Lecture Theatre, University of Canterbury, Arts Rd, Ilam

http://podcast.radionz.co.nz/sat/sat-20120526-0815-steve_keen_economic_crisis-048.mp3
^ Very accessible sitrep, seems like a level of analysis suitable for a noob like me.
Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 11:59:02 pm by Tandoori

Reply #13972 Posted: August 13, 2012, 11:30:14 pm

Codex

Quote from: Growler;1498484
Lims & Pims done?

Yup lawyer taking care of it, he's been fantastic with everything.

Reply #13973 Posted: August 14, 2012, 08:56:53 am

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Super_Hori;1498504
Uni getting all hardcore for the last week before term-break.

2 * 20% tests, 15% presentation, and 2* 40% essays to complete over the break.

But it's all good, next week will be so chill.

Going to see Helen Clark lecture on the environment and shit:

https://www.facebook.com/events/472641969413900/

And The Press Writers festival has got some cool presentations on too, probably head along the the Bronwyn Hayward and Nicky Hager lectures.

http://chchwritersfest.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/CWF-programme-2012.pdf

A'men

12 to 14 hour days all term 4, no holiday break (thinking if I work hard through the break I'll take the last friday off and go to the race track)

Reply #13974 Posted: August 14, 2012, 11:44:25 am
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K