Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Offline trololololo

• Just settled in
  • trololololo barely matters.trololololo barely matters.
Quote from: Bounty Hunter;1505218
Once had a guy who wanted a cellphone that didn't use any wireless technology cause it makes the bees go loopy, and the world will end.

That's obviously whats causing Colony collapse disorder which is a real problem in the US.
I also saw something about coloured honey in France, there was a M&M's factory near by and the bees where gathering stuff from the empty food dye containers left outside
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2212920/Ribeauville-Mystery-French-bees-making-coloured-honey-solved-keepers-M-M-waste-plant.html

Reply #14475 Posted: October 10, 2012, 02:07:40 pm

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Quote from: Bounty Hunter;1505224

So he was right....
Well no, not in my experience... On his Wiki page ""Piggy" Muldoon was a dictatorial Prime Minister who nearly destroyed both New Zealand's economy and New Zealand society through his arrogance."
Perhaps he should say "New Zealanders who emigrate to Austrailia only do so because of my shitty legacy".

"You have to question the intelligence of any group that openly dislikes a place and its occupants, only to move there to live." - Emrico1

Reply #14476 Posted: October 10, 2012, 02:28:25 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.
I'm largely a fan of Muldoon, but that's probably because I never had to life in Fortress New Zealand.

Reply #14477 Posted: October 10, 2012, 06:32:25 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
TBH going by the every day population that I interact with, it doesn't surprise me that NZ gets the better score in that one.

---

So last year I was unemployed for about eight months. I applied for a crapload of jobs in the latter stages of those eight months and apart from the job that I got, I hardly got any other replies.

Then last week I received three emails from companies (two of them computer businesses) offering me jobs.

Yea, thanks a lot jerks - offer me jobs at the stage when I am finally settled in at my current job.

Reply #14478 Posted: October 10, 2012, 07:47:40 pm

Offline Aloysius

• Just settled in
  • Aloysius has no influence.
What if I don't click the link to make a point which I don't exactly know what is?

Reply #14479 Posted: October 10, 2012, 07:52:11 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
When I was a baby my parents trained me to make a piggy face when they said "piggy piggy" I think this was my father getting bored of parenthood and going through the pavlov stage.

Reply #14480 Posted: October 10, 2012, 07:55:23 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline Aloysius

• Just settled in
  • Aloysius has no influence.
Lmao, what a dick. I'd probably attempt something similar tbh.

Reply #14481 Posted: October 10, 2012, 08:04:52 pm

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Wow, shortest ever deadline asked by a client. Recieved an email sent at 9:13am requiring work done before 10am.
47 minutes. Good job. Naturally I met the deadline because I am awesome and not currently surfing. But come (the fuck) on, people.

Reply #14482 Posted: October 11, 2012, 09:57:21 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Not my immediate boss (because she's awesome) but one of the more higher up bosses has recognized we are a little bit slower than normal so is telling clients willy nilly that they can request work with a 24hr turn around.

Doesn't matter if we're quiet, we still have turn out the work within 24hrs...WTF.

Reply #14483 Posted: October 11, 2012, 10:03:51 am

Offline Emrico1

I can turn work around in 47 minutes... Geez, slackers.

No but seriously, what a douche.

Inb4 'I sent this on Friday, it's now Saturday and I need it'.

Reply #14484 Posted: October 11, 2012, 10:35:59 am

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Sucks to be you guys.

I just called in sick. Time to hit up Chernarus.

Reply #14485 Posted: October 11, 2012, 11:11:49 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Sad face.

Playtech no findy fault with my video card...

Reply #14486 Posted: October 11, 2012, 11:28:45 am

Offline Emrico1

Reply #14487 Posted: October 11, 2012, 11:29:53 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

I'll try a last ditch attempt by re-installing Windows however I don't think it'll do anything. I've refreshed drivers multiple times.

I've had the issue for months, and inside those months I've had my PSU replaced and the problem has still persisted, I've had my mobo tested and the problem still persists. Every time it crashes, my video card drivers drop out and reload according to event viewer so the problem appears to be with my card.

Reply #14488 Posted: October 11, 2012, 11:42:00 am

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Quote from: Retardobot;1505366
Sad face.

Playtech no findy fault with my video card...

That's pretty shit. It seems to be pretty damn difficult to test to see if something is actually faulty, but you would think it would be in their best interests to replace the card either way.

Oh wait, that would involve proper customer service.

Reply #14489 Posted: October 11, 2012, 11:43:08 am

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Playtech are just down the road from where I work. Would it help if I leave a flaming bag of poop on their doorstep?

Reply #14490 Posted: October 11, 2012, 12:03:12 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Hah, nah. They're being good, they're doing what they can.

If they're unable to replace it or find a fault then that's life. I'll just have to live with constant crashing and lock-ups.

Reply #14491 Posted: October 11, 2012, 12:13:39 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
What card is it?

EDIT: How many people on this forum have more than 20k posts?

Reply #14492 Posted: October 11, 2012, 12:25:23 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

AMD 6950 2GB.

1 year into it's 3 year warranty.

Reply #14493 Posted: October 11, 2012, 12:28:17 pm

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
  • Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
Accidentally drop it in a bucket of water, then return it

Reply #14494 Posted: October 11, 2012, 12:40:42 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Spork;1505376
What card is it?

EDIT: How many people on this forum have more than 20k posts?

You have made 2.7 posts every single day of your life, since you were born.

You will make another 60,000 posts before you die.

Reply #14495 Posted: October 11, 2012, 12:43:20 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Playtech have always been pretty decent with orders I've made in the past.

I'm not going to cheat them out of a replaced card.

FOR SHAME XENO!

I'm exhausted and mentally drained, I should really be giving more fucks...

Reply #14496 Posted: October 11, 2012, 12:44:09 pm

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
  • Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
Drop in a bucket of water, send to manufacturer.

Reply #14497 Posted: October 11, 2012, 01:14:33 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!

Reply #14498 Posted: October 11, 2012, 01:22:40 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
My 1tb wd storage drive died last nite ..... Hmmm warranty time

Reply #14499 Posted: October 11, 2012, 01:26:17 pm