Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Codex

Do you mean throw

Your posts confuse me at the best of times

Reply #14550 Posted: October 18, 2012, 09:45:30 am

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.
Quote from: Zarkov;1505961
Maybe it was the only way they could deal with all the whiny bastards who make up such a high percentage of the NZ population.

Watching the Cathedral debate hasn't been edifying.

Concentrating the decision-making process was necessary in the stage immediately after the earthquakes, I agree.

However in terms of re-build rather than recovery, it simply will not work. Yes, a great deal of power will need to be vested in institutions which confront problems not before seen in this country, and all decisions result in sides being appeased or opposed. However, considering the significance of CERA legislation (particularly in terms of how our constitution is affected) it is a legitimate concern that it may become a leviathan.

Of course there's lots of whingers and whiners out there - and moreso when their houses and communities are totally devastated or destroyed - but the solution is not to continue excluding them from the process; if you want it to be legitimate, they need to be included.

I don't know what extent you are involved in Canterbury affairs Zarkov, but I would further remind you that the Cathedral issue is a drop in the bucket really - no doubt it gets press because it's a national icon, but in context of the ongoing issues with democracy and expenditure of public funds in Canterbury: it's a complete side-show.
Forget the Cathedral, look at the way our 'City Plan', our schools, our local representation processes are being changed - where's the consultation? where's the input from local people? It's Wellington telling Canterbury how best to operate; and they simply cannot know what's appropriate for our environment better than we do. It's also quite ironic how democracy has been undermined in the home of universal suffrage.

Call me one-eyed.
Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 10:00:31 am by Tandoori

Reply #14551 Posted: October 18, 2012, 09:55:33 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Codex;1505967
Do you mean throw

Your posts confuse me at the best of times

Your confusion excites me

Reply #14552 Posted: October 18, 2012, 10:16:13 am

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.

Reply #14553 Posted: October 18, 2012, 10:20:10 am

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!

Reply #14554 Posted: October 18, 2012, 04:22:13 pm

Codex

Reply #14555 Posted: October 18, 2012, 05:05:17 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Zing!

Also; git.

Saw the wizard yesterday. He was standing outside getting mad because hogwarts was getting demo'd.
Found it retarded that people protest a buildings demolition when it's already torn into. "SAVE THIS BUILDING!" - BIT FUCKING LATE NOW ISN'T IT?
Where the fuck were you BEFORE the demolition began? It was on the cards for MONTHS, yet only the day they actually start work does anyone suddenly give a fuck. TOO LATE BY THAT POINT YOU RETARDS.
Your toots fall like golden teardrops of oil onto the bulldozer, fueling it's insatiable appetite for stone masonry.
Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 05:58:28 pm by Pyromanik

Reply #14556 Posted: October 18, 2012, 05:55:02 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Kopfjaeger

• Addicted
  • Kopfjaeger has no influence.
EQC work almost done except for some interior paint fuckups.... hopefully i can return to normal alcohol consumption.  Generally the crew doing our place has been pretty good but we found giving gentle reminders on little shit helped as the crews are usually doing multiple jobs and shit gets missed naturally.

Reply #14557 Posted: October 18, 2012, 07:12:44 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
FFS.

Playtech's suppliers couldn't find a fault with my video card. They're sending it back :\

Shitty lock ups and system freezes ahoy!

Reply #14558 Posted: October 18, 2012, 07:53:03 pm

Obble

Quote from: Retardobot;1506018
FFS.

Playtech's suppliers couldn't find a fault with my video card. They're sending it back :\

Shitty lock ups and system freezes ahoy!

OBVIOUSLY YOU ARE THE PROBLEM.

TODAY IS MY FRIDAY, SO I CAN  START EARLY.

Reply #14559 Posted: October 18, 2012, 07:57:00 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
I think my video card doesn't like my motherboard. I've had issues with it since day one.

Everything has been tested and replaced along the way but problems persist.

Reply #14560 Posted: October 18, 2012, 07:58:31 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!

Reply #14561 Posted: October 18, 2012, 08:02:58 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Obble

I had that problem once, except i went into computerlounge to get the card checked, and it was fine, i felt like such a fucking retard.

Turns out it was my monitor.

Reply #14562 Posted: October 18, 2012, 08:03:41 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!

Reply #14563 Posted: October 18, 2012, 08:56:50 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Quote from: Obble;1506019
OBVIOUSLY YOU ARE THE PROBLEM.

TODAY IS MY FRIDAY, SO I CAN  START EARLY.

FUCK YEA FALSE FRIDAY!

It's mein too. So happy as I've been sick as shit since last Wednesday. Now 3 day weekend. FUCK YEA!

Reply #14564 Posted: October 18, 2012, 09:25:27 pm

Obble

Quote from: Spork;1506029
FUCK YEA FALSE FRIDAY!

It's mein too. So happy as I've been sick as shit since last Wednesday. Now 3 day weekend. FUCK YEA!

4days cos monday is labour day. :D

Reply #14565 Posted: October 18, 2012, 09:38:43 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.

Reply #14566 Posted: October 18, 2012, 11:28:20 pm

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!

Reply #14567 Posted: October 18, 2012, 11:32:49 pm

Codex

6am starts this week -_- up at 4.40 is killing me

Reply #14568 Posted: October 19, 2012, 06:06:49 am

Obble

Quote from: Emrico1;1506039
I'm having a week off. *Flips desk.

You don't do anything anyway.

*dodges desk

Reply #14569 Posted: October 19, 2012, 09:28:40 am

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
  • Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Codex;1506051
6am starts this week -_- up at 4.40 is killing me
THINK ABOUT IT THIS WAY, YOU'RE HALFWAY THROUGH THE DAY ALREADY!

Reply #14570 Posted: October 19, 2012, 10:37:34 am
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Codex

Reply #14571 Posted: October 19, 2012, 10:45:36 am

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!

Reply #14572 Posted: October 19, 2012, 11:11:23 am

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Quote from: Obble;1506063
You don't do anything anyway.

*dodges desk

What!? I surf, browse reddit and play DayZ all the time! It's tough, I need a break.

Reply #14573 Posted: October 19, 2012, 11:21:24 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Job comes through for 2 850 x 2000mm banners at 4:30pm last night.

Get email from client before I arrive in at 8am this morning saying they had not yet received any proofs.

Reply #14574 Posted: October 19, 2012, 11:44:43 am