Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.
So

My older sister, now aged 22 has bought herself a car. She has only a Learner's licence, and cannot drive for shit (A few days ago, she reversed into the hedge on our driveway - which is two car-girths in width).

Despite this fact, she continues to drive her car on the roads, which is particularly concerning to me - but should also concern all of you!

In order to teach her some car control and improve her driving skills I'm planning on taking her out on some gravel roads - the same way I learnt.

Because she lacks confidence and has appalling driving capabilities, I do not want to do this on public roads. But instead would prefer a reserve, like the Waimak used to be. Where it is not illegal for her to drive, and also much safer.

Does anyone know of any such areas?

I went out to the Templars island the other day (off McLeans) but the roads weren't all that well graded.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate it.

Reply #1500 Posted: October 16, 2010, 03:43:22 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Slash your sisters tyres.

My sister is the same. 28yrs of age and every time I see her she has a new car because she ruined the previous one or is missing a bumper and a layer of paint.

Silly bitch shouldn't be on the road.

Reply #1501 Posted: October 16, 2010, 03:52:58 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.
Quote from: RetardoBot;1321807
Slash your sisters tyres.

My sister is the same. 28yrs of age and every time I see her she has a new car because she ruined the previous one or is missing a bumper and a layer of paint.

Silly bitch shouldn't be on the road.

Yeah I'd like to try doing something a bit more constructive first.

Although if she gets no better, tyres may be removed. Amusingly, she will not know how to put them back on, even if I leave them next to the car, with all the tools.

Reply #1502 Posted: October 16, 2010, 04:02:15 pm

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
I was in a car accident with a 16 yo girl who had her own car and no licence on a gravel road when I was 15. On Friday the 13th

Tell her to stay the fuck off the roads or tell the folks bru :0

Reply #1503 Posted: October 16, 2010, 04:04:38 pm

Offline danmct

• Just settled in
  • danmct has no influence.

Reply #1504 Posted: October 16, 2010, 04:06:59 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
Quote from: Emrico1;1321811
I was in a car accident with a 16 yo girl who had her own car and no licence on a gravel road when I was 15. On Friday the 13th

Tell her to stay the fuck off the roads or tell the folks bru :0

I wrapped a car around a powerpole, driving illegally when I was 16. Nearly killed myself and passengers.

Learnt the hard way. She's too arrogant to pay any mind, no respect for cars and risk involved.

Reply #1505 Posted: October 16, 2010, 04:08:36 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Hori;1321815
no respect for
silly bitches and young knobs never do.

Reply #1506 Posted: October 16, 2010, 07:02:29 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Virus.

• Devoted Member
  • Virus. has no influence.

Reply #1507 Posted: October 16, 2010, 07:39:50 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
I was driving along a road near my house on my way to work today, heading through a small intersection, when some older woman (50 or so) was waiting to turn right, pulled out right infront of me to turn right, even though I WAS RIGHT IN FRONT OF HER! I blasted her with my horn while quickly applying my breaks, then gave her the shake of fist with a bemused face, then shook my head and drove off.

I mean I was 5 metres away from her, how the fuck did she not see me? I am fairly sure we were making eye contact, but if she had pulled out infront of me, there would have been a decent crash as even if I slammed my breaks on, I would not have stopped anywhere near in time.

Reply #1508 Posted: October 16, 2010, 08:00:56 pm

Offline Who_ate_my_rice

• Addicted
  • Who_ate_my_rice has no influence.
lol that happened to me... they just dont care. Although i never beeped my horn or shook myfist.

i was just looking in the rear view mirror saying please dont hit me, please dont hit me, please dont hit me, please dont hit me. then the biggest sigh of relief as i see the car behind me stops in time.

OMG SANCTUARY IS BACK!!!! TIME TO DOWNLOAD!!!  im sure nostargate watches that show just for amanda...

Reply #1509 Posted: October 16, 2010, 09:21:31 pm
( •_•)>⌐

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.

Reply #1510 Posted: October 16, 2010, 09:27:53 pm
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!

Reply #1511 Posted: October 16, 2010, 09:39:46 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Codex

Quote from: mattnz;1321783
Got my tshirt today chodex

Same here actually, wearing it right now, awesome

Went to jaycar about the lights, they didn't have any -_- will keep searching

Managed to scrape the left part above my back left wheel today, mother fucker -_- at least its mostly paint that came off lol. Off to panel beaters already, that was quick. Damn azures gay ass driveway. http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/4792/sdc11509a.jpg

Anyone have any good recommendations for panel beating places?

Reply #1512 Posted: October 16, 2010, 11:09:08 pm

Obble

Quote from: Codex;1321879
azures gay ass.

Its so distracting, i know how you feel.

Reply #1513 Posted: October 16, 2010, 11:15:05 pm

Obble

Fist pumping like champs
Pretty much ripped up like rambo
If hating is you're occupation, i pretty much got a full time job for you
Alright we have a situation
If i saw me and i was with my girl, i would grab my girl real quick
I'm in Miami bitch!
Mikey, Vinny, Pauly, MVP, we're hittin the clubs, girls are flocking to us, there are going to be no grenades in Miami
I finally put some water on my face, i was like ohhhh we got grenades man
I'm single i do what i want

I'm gunna Deny, Deny, Deny and thats it
Get in your f#*king bed
Pretty much every night it's a party

Reply #1514 Posted: October 17, 2010, 11:28:22 am

Codex

Reply #1515 Posted: October 17, 2010, 11:48:12 am

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.

Same here actually, wearing it right now, awesome

Went to jaycar about the lights, they didn't have any -_- will keep searching

Managed to scrape the left part above my back left wheel today, mother fucker -_- at least its mostly paint that came off lol. Off to panel beaters already, that was quick. Damn azures gay ass driveway. http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/4792/sdc11509a.jpg

Ah well, might have to Partsmaster it. That or a wreckers, they usually give that sort of stuff away for free if you can find it. If you're feeling like a real man, get an LED and make it work.

The panel work looks doesn't look too bad, shouldn't be too hard to blend it from where it is hopefully. You can probably just touch up the door, definitely won't be worth getting that done again.

And why the fuck is imageshack so slow?

Reply #1516 Posted: October 17, 2010, 12:01:28 pm

Codex

^Partsmaster? I was thinking about LED's but im not too sure about what is in it at the moment, weather it is a bulb or a led eh. Might get a friend in welly to go to pick a part for me.

The bottom scrape is quite deep, will get some quotes etc tomorrow and hopefully it doesnt cost more than 800 -_-

imageshack is being megafuckingmoody lately

Reply #1517 Posted: October 17, 2010, 12:07:36 pm

Offline mattnz

Yeah, mine has bulbs that look like LEDs, and I'll replace them with LEDs if they blow. Get a digital multimeter and see what voltage it is.

If you're only getting the one panel done it shouldn't be more than $800, but it's a difficult place to reshape, as you can probably tell if you put your hand under the wheel arch and feel what's on the other side. Hopefully it's not too out of shape I suppose.

Reply #1518 Posted: October 17, 2010, 12:14:13 pm

Codex

yeah might borrow one and have a look.

I'll get what I did fixed first though. From the looks of it, it was filled in already in places but yeah you can feel the marks through the other side so it will be interesting to see how much it does cost eh. The door has slight denting too from it so thats two panels wooo.

Reply #1519 Posted: October 17, 2010, 12:24:35 pm

Offline mattnz

Well I paid $850 for two doors a few months back. I wouldn't expect less than that, as doors are probably easier to work with, seeing as they can be removed.

Reply #1520 Posted: October 17, 2010, 12:30:16 pm

Codex

if its more than 800 i'll put it through insurance -_-

Reply #1521 Posted: October 17, 2010, 12:40:51 pm

Offline mattnz

Reply #1522 Posted: October 17, 2010, 01:16:52 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!

You've had that car a week, max?

Bloody punk kid drivers.

Reply #1523 Posted: October 17, 2010, 01:42:16 pm

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!

Reply #1524 Posted: October 17, 2010, 01:46:34 pm