Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
  • Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!

Reply #15000 Posted: November 21, 2012, 04:23:55 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Codex

Quote from: Kopfjaeger;1509524
went to Redcliffs the other day......and yep its still fucked

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7595[/ATTACH]

Nah bro that'll buff right out

Reply #15001 Posted: November 21, 2012, 04:25:59 pm

Offline Aloysius

• Just settled in
  • Aloysius has no influence.
Yay my internets is back. Stupid urgent maintenance

Reply #15002 Posted: November 21, 2012, 06:23:43 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Quote from: Emrico1;1509516
When you see 3 killer spiders and the tops of your feet are bare, the relevance will become apparent.

Exactly this. Especially ones with as painful a bite as red backs. They are really not killer spiders (I know you know this too) anymore, but I still wouldn't fancy any of them on my bare feet - or even covered feet TBH.

Quote from: Xenolightning;1509522
I was more referring to his choice of words to express jandals.

But lets not flip flip, and get on with it.

Haha, well I've heard plenty of other Kiwis call them flip flops. Personally I wouldn't even mention the words flip flop, sounds much worse than thong, which I didn't even find out the alternative use of the word until I was like 12 (/the other day lawloloplwos)

Reply #15003 Posted: November 21, 2012, 07:36:17 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Spork;1509461
thongs/ flip flips (silly Kiwis and their silly names)

Jandals bro. GOSH.

Thongs are G-Strings and flip flops are what aussies call jandals.
Thongs is the american word.
And if any kiwi ever says flip flops, it's because they've been in aussie too long. You'll notice they probably say fleeep floorps.
Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 10:40:57 pm by Pyromanik

Reply #15004 Posted: November 21, 2012, 10:36:47 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!

Reply #15005 Posted: November 21, 2012, 10:44:45 pm

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
  • Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Retardobot;1509572
wat

They've always been called flip-flops.
You live in Palmy, hence your opinion is worthless.

Reply #15006 Posted: November 21, 2012, 11:12:46 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.

Reply #15007 Posted: November 21, 2012, 11:39:45 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Xenolightning;1509573
You live in Palmy, hence your opinion is worthless.

Reply #15008 Posted: November 21, 2012, 11:51:15 pm

Offline AvatarFACE

• Devoted Member
  • AvatarFACE is working their way up.AvatarFACE is working their way up.AvatarFACE is working their way up.
Always been jandals for me, I never heard they were also called thongs until I watched home and away.

Reply #15009 Posted: November 22, 2012, 12:57:28 am
Wallpaper thread (It was good when it was updated)

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Where I come from the call them 'Rubber Y feet boards for your feet with no socks'

True story.

Reply #15010 Posted: November 22, 2012, 08:27:50 am
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
Quote from: AvatarFACE;1509577
Always been jandals for me, I never heard they were also called thongs until I watched home and away.
They always have their thongs out in that show.

Quote from: Growler;1509588
Where I come from the call them 'Rubber Y feet boards for your feet with no socks'

True story.
You mean to say you don't wear socks with your jandals? You, sir, are missing out.

Reply #15011 Posted: November 22, 2012, 09:01:49 am
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline winter

• Addicted
  • winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!
Enough of this flip flop jibber jabber, why in God's name isn't it Friday yet?!

Reply #15012 Posted: November 22, 2012, 09:08:13 am

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: winter;1509593
Enough of this flip flop jibber jabber, why in God's name isn't it Friday yet?!

It is Friday if you don't come into work tomorrow.

Reply #15013 Posted: November 22, 2012, 09:11:58 am

Codex

Few months ago I dropped hints at work cafe about how I can't buy their food because of fails

Today new options shown up that I can actually eat

all of my joy

Reply #15014 Posted: November 22, 2012, 09:52:04 am

Offline winter

• Addicted
  • winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!
Quote from: Codex;1509596
Few months ago I dropped hints at work cafe about how I can't buy their food because of fails

Today new options shown up that I can actually eat

all of my joy

they probably spit in the new ones.

- - -

holy shit I want/need the new Hitman game.
Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 10:48:27 am by winter

Reply #15015 Posted: November 22, 2012, 10:41:30 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Just found out why my most favouritist soda isn't available in NZ and has to be imported by FoodTrenz instead of distributed.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505123_162-42747054/how-not-to-promote-soda-jones-golliwog-ad/

Back in 2011, Foodtrenz commissioned an ad by these doorknobs: http://www.ddb.co.nz

The doorknobs made this:

Without asking for consent from Jones Soda. Ad gets distributed and then Jones Soda starts coming under fire in the States for distributing a racist ad with a Gollywog, Terrorist and a BDSM expert, Jones Soda turns around and says "we knew nothing of this".

Fuck you DDB and Foodtrenz. Fuck you for doing this.

This may have worked due to NZ's laid back attitude in advertising, but not for a company who is based in the US. The entire ad goes against Jones branding and shows how little DDB and Foodtrenz undertood the product and ended up butchering why Jones has a niche.

Rant over.
Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 01:21:49 pm by Retardobot

Reply #15016 Posted: November 22, 2012, 01:19:31 pm

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Retardobot;1509613
http://www.ddb.co.nz

Website doesn't do anything for me.

Reply #15017 Posted: November 22, 2012, 01:27:40 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Reply #15018 Posted: November 22, 2012, 01:34:21 pm

Quote from: Retardobot;1509619
Emotionally or literally?

Works fine for me.

Literally.

Just shows thier logo. Nothing plays, can't click anything.

Reply #15019 Posted: November 22, 2012, 01:36:29 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

You're not missing a whole lot.

The commercial work they've done is great - Sky ads etc.

But the website itself is a little to experimental and snobbish.

Reply #15020 Posted: November 22, 2012, 01:38:59 pm

Codex

Reply #15021 Posted: November 22, 2012, 01:41:23 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!

Reply #15022 Posted: November 22, 2012, 01:46:59 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.
I hate how 'PC gone mad' is used as an excuse or get-out-of-jail-free-card for being a fucking douchebag.

People seem to confuse 'political correctness' with what I deem to be a general standard of manners. I have no issue with swearing (see above) or even epithets which may be considered unsavoury, but it's the context in which they're used that determines whether or not they're appropriate. The trouble, I guess, is that people who use 'PC gone mad' as free-licence to express their (fucked-up) views or use such language aren't of the intellectual calibre to detect the nuances that define that context.

Reply #15023 Posted: November 22, 2012, 01:54:25 pm

Offline Growler

Does your PC go mad when you get a virus?

I heard Nortons Disk Doctor was just the remedy you needed!

fine.... I'll go now.................

/wrists

Reply #15024 Posted: November 22, 2012, 02:04:03 pm
Think of me like Yoda,