Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Advanced Diploma in Multimedia & Design (degree level)
Bachelor's Degree in Applied Visual Imaging (international degree).

My prospective jobs would be - print design, corporate design, web design, brand development.

That's part of it, Codex. They don't see Graphic Designer as a real profession, if I was some IT king I'm sure they'd be fine with me. I don't plan on being a designer for much longer, I intend on my next step becoming a senior designer (which I already class myself as considering I manage my own clients/work/and don't ask for permission on finished jobs, it's up to me to put them to print and proof them) then onto a creative director and then follow in the footsteps of Martin Lindstrom. They've been pretty supportive of me recently, even offered to help me out with my masters by giving me $5,000 as they said "we see you as a great investment, you're a bright guy" then they come back with "we've been talking with friends and we and they think you're to young and we don't see you as someone who can support our daughter".

To be honest, I'm crushed. It's the typical generation gap at work. Her parents made some bad decisions when they were young and they are doing everything in their power to prevent us making any bad decisions which I admire but we're not them, I am not him.

If this falls through I'm likely going to run away to the UK or Canada.
Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 09:00:54 am by Retardobot

Reply #15250 Posted: December 13, 2012, 08:58:13 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
Or if you were some pro esport starcraft champ you would be fine.

Reply #15251 Posted: December 13, 2012, 09:01:36 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!

Reply #15252 Posted: December 13, 2012, 09:07:46 am

Codex

So they've changed their opinion based on someone elses bullshit?

Reply #15253 Posted: December 13, 2012, 09:27:19 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
Your shit dont stank but roses realy smell like ooooh ooooo.

Gl Rii hang in there bud.

Will see what the uncle has to say about green cards but he is more in the it business.

Reply #15254 Posted: December 13, 2012, 09:29:17 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Quote from: Codex;1511540
So they've changed their opinion based on someone elses bullshit?

Yeah, I think so. They've been swayed by their friends. Not they were particularly fond of our decision to marry in the first place but they understood we weren't idiots and that we are two forward thinking people with careers we both want to dominate in.

Then this.

Thanks Xsannz, means a lot dude.

Reply #15255 Posted: December 13, 2012, 09:35:27 am

Offline winter

• Addicted
  • winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat! my thoughts are with you bud - hope it all flips come new years, after everyone has had time to chill the fuck out.

Reply #15256 Posted: December 13, 2012, 09:38:30 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Quote from: Xsannz;1511541
Your shit dont stank but roses realy smell like ooooh ooooo.

Gl Rii hang in there bud.

Will see what the uncle has to say about green cards but he is more in the it business.

I have IT experience as well.

Computer Tech/consultant.

Educational Technology Officer supporting OLE's and testing e-portfolios along with maintaining labs.

Reply #15257 Posted: December 13, 2012, 09:41:41 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Quote from: winter;1511543
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat! my thoughts are with you bud - hope it all flips come new years, after everyone has had time to chill the fuck out.

This is what I'm banking on. I wish I could talk directly to her old man without having to email/video call.

I feel I'm being written off without due cause.

Reply #15258 Posted: December 13, 2012, 09:43:00 am

Offline winter

• Addicted
  • winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!
Hang in there mate - your girl will realize she has to live her own life :)

On a completely unrelated note, I smell strangely of freshly sawn saw dust. Quite nice if I don't say so myself.

Reply #15259 Posted: December 13, 2012, 09:43:52 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Quote from: winter;1511547
On a completely unrelated note, I smell strangely of freshly sawn saw dust. Quite nice if I don't say so myself.

I call that the 'dapper' scent.

Reply #15260 Posted: December 13, 2012, 09:47:31 am

Offline winter

• Addicted
Quote from: Retardobot;1511548
I call that the 'dapper' scent.

Tomorrow I should rub up against a pine tree and try a pine tree scent for the day. Trees smell nice.

I'll be fighting off hordes of women in no time, you watch.

Reply #15261 Posted: December 13, 2012, 09:49:56 am

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: winter;1511550
Tomorrow I should rub up against a pine tree and try a pine tree scent for the day. Trees smell nice.

I'll be fighting off hordes of women in no time, you watch.

You need to market that. Get on to it.

Reply #15262 Posted: December 13, 2012, 09:54:00 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted

Reply #15263 Posted: December 13, 2012, 10:10:32 am

Offline winter

• Addicted
Quote from: Spacemonkey;1511552
You need to market that. Get on to it.

I'm not a clever man.

Reply #15264 Posted: December 13, 2012, 10:10:42 am

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Winter: For Men.

You could sell it for $100 a bottle.

Reply #15265 Posted: December 13, 2012, 10:12:21 am

Offline winter

• Addicted
Quote from: Spacemonkey;1511557
Winter: For Men.

You could sell it for $100 a bottle.

and I could also sell 'Winter: For Cars."

Pine scent, for men on the prowl.

Reply #15266 Posted: December 13, 2012, 10:15:52 am

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: winter;1511559

With hints of Chloroform?

Reply #15267 Posted: December 13, 2012, 10:20:21 am
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline winter

• Addicted
Quote from: Growler;1511561
With hints of Chloroform?

Nope, this scent is guaranteed rape free.

Reply #15268 Posted: December 13, 2012, 10:23:07 am

I'd spray outrageous amounts on myself.

The scent would be so strong that when I walk into a room, people would start throwing up.

Reply #15269 Posted: December 13, 2012, 10:29:18 am

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
  • Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
I hope you include the pollen too. That way it will set off everyone with hay-fever.

Reply #15270 Posted: December 13, 2012, 10:30:41 am
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted

Reply #15271 Posted: December 13, 2012, 10:33:20 am

Offline winter

• Addicted
Quote from: Xsannz;1511566
Next fragrance should be fresh mown lawn....

You're hired.

Reply #15272 Posted: December 13, 2012, 10:33:54 am

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
Rii - I don't know your full details - but I do know some of your pain.

I did it old school - called the Future father-in-law (8 days!) and asked his permission to marry his daughter, which earnt me alot of points.

you mentioned that your partners family is Aisian - maybe try learning a speech in their native language - video calling her father and give him your speech? (again don't know your full details, but it might convince the her dad that you aren't an ass and care about his daughter)

Reply #15273 Posted: December 13, 2012, 10:35:35 am

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: winter;1511559
and I could also sell 'Winter: For Cars."

in Other news, pregnancy rates have just sky rocketed.

Hospitals are even reporting several cases of men getting pregnant. Sceintists are yet to comment

Reply #15274 Posted: December 13, 2012, 10:37:04 am