Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Offline Spigalau

• Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.
Rii - Just knock her up. Works wonders on making the inlaws friends for life.

Reply #15275 Posted: December 13, 2012, 10:40:27 am
49 20 63 61 6e 20 72 65 6d 65 6d 62 65 72 20 77 68 65 6e 20 74 68 65 20 61 69 72 20 77 61 73 20 63 6c 65 61 6e 20 61 6e 64 20 73 65 78 20 77 61 73 20 64 69 72 74 79 2e

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: The Demon Lord;1511568
Rii - I don't know your full details - but I do know some of your pain.

I did it old school - called the Future father-in-law (8 days!) and asked his permission to marry his daughter, which earnt me alot of points.

you mentioned that your partners family is Aisian - maybe try learning a speech in their native language - video calling her father and give him your speech? (again don't know your full details, but it might convince the her dad that you aren't an ass and care about his daughter)

I should have asked her father in the first place, but I didn't because I knew what his answer was going to be and so did my partner. That's how anti they are about the whole thing. I had asked my partner to marry me with the intention to then go and ask her Father for permission because we both knew what we wanted - the asking her part was just a formality. Then it was suggested that we both talk to her father, which we did at which point he showed serious disapproval that we were both expecting but we explained that we weren't rushing into anything and that we were making decisions as level headed adults and they both understood and said that he supported us.

They've now back tracked on that.

I went one step further and designed their family crest, I researched Japanese lineage dating back from the 800's and presented the crest to my partners father when they made the trip over last, framed and printed - and I quote "no one has ever taken such good care of the XXXXXXX name since my mother died" which I wept over, I still haven't received such high praise for anything I've created especially since his mother was seen as a matriarch, the head of the family.

Again, they've wiped the slate clean - I'm not up to scratch.

I get the feeling that they have been expecting us to break up before now, and now they've realised that I have no intentions on flaking out they've become pro-active and would like me to fade away.

I grew suspicious when I was being told that I should go to the UK for a few years to do internships...

wat
Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 11:02:50 am by Retardobot

Reply #15276 Posted: December 13, 2012, 10:59:38 am

Offline winter

• Addicted
  • winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!
Quote from: Retardobot;1511573
I should have asked her father in the first place, but I didn't because I knew what his answer was going to be and so did my partner. That's how anti they are about the whole thing. I had asked my partner to marry me with the intention to then go and ask her Father for permission because we both knew what we wanted - the asking her part was just a formality. Then it was suggested that we both talk to her father, which we did at which point he showed serious disapproval that we were both expecting but we explained that we weren't rushing into anything and that we were making decisions as level headed adults and they both understood and said that he supported us.

They've now back tracked on that.

I went one step further and designed their family crest, I researched Japanese lineage dating back from the 800's and presented the crest to my partners father when they made the trip over last, framed and printed - and I quote "no one has ever taken such good care of the XXXXXXX name since my mother died" which I wept over, I still haven't received such high praise for anything I've created especially since his mother was seen as a matriarch, the head of the family.

Again, they've wiped the slate clean - I'm not up to scratch.

I get the feeling that they have been expecting us to break up before now, and now they've realised that I have no intentions on flaking out they've become pro-active and would like me to fade away.

I grew suspicious when I was being told that I should go to the UK for a few years to do internships...

wat

I think you're good enough and so do many others on here, do we need to sign a ruddy petition? cause we will!

Reply #15277 Posted: December 13, 2012, 11:04:56 am

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!

Reply #15278 Posted: December 13, 2012, 11:05:35 am
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Yep, if I was at this point I personally would be telling them to either support or fuck right of and leave the both of you alone, no halfways here fucktard.

You're in it for the long run, so some backup would be appreciated you geriatric old cunt!

Reply #15279 Posted: December 13, 2012, 11:07:51 am
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Growler

Reply #15280 Posted: December 13, 2012, 11:08:20 am
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
I'm going to email him later on as that's my only way of contacting him right now. They're usually all over the place, they just got back from Columbia.

Reply #15281 Posted: December 13, 2012, 11:12:03 am

Offline winter

• Addicted
  • winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!

Reply #15282 Posted: December 13, 2012, 11:12:19 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

He's good like that. He makes my balls twitch.

Reply #15283 Posted: December 13, 2012, 11:17:15 am

Offline Growler

Im totally serious.

You know what you want, take it. Even if it means offending them to make them realise you will not be beaten!

Reply #15284 Posted: December 13, 2012, 11:18:18 am
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Growler

then shit on his keyboard just to totally dominate him!

FLAWLESS VICTORY!

Reply #15285 Posted: December 13, 2012, 11:19:13 am
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Hah. It just saddens me that my partner isn't showing a little more backbone towards them.

Also, just to make things a little more fucked up, she wont compromise and stay in the country a little until I can find another way into the US. She doesn't think it's worth it to pay $500 for a specific visa which would allow her to get a job here only to have us leave for the US in about a year.

I know that once she is in the US without me, her parents will work her over and have her cut all ties with me.

I'm trying to make heads or tails of it all.

Reply #15286 Posted: December 13, 2012, 11:25:31 am

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!

Reply #15287 Posted: December 13, 2012, 11:27:08 am

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Retardobot;1511583
Hah. It just saddens me that my partner isn't showing a little more backbone towards them.

Also, just to make things a little more fucked up, she wont compromise and stay in the country a little until I can find another way into the US. She doesn't think it's worth it to pay $500 for a specific visa which would allow her to get a job here only to have us leave for the US in about a year.

I know that once she is in the US without me, her parents will work her over and have her cut all ties with me.

I'm trying to make heads or tails of it all.

My Second peice of advice:

If she is worth it (and from what you are saying it sounds like she is) then there is only one course of action you can take:

Full frontal assault - go in, Guns (metaphorically) blazing: if she is going to the US alone - make damn sure you go with her, I mean go all in. Show her and her family that you will move mountains to be with her and stay with her (but not in the creepy stalker-ish way)

if she still doesn't stand up to her family or at least try some form of compromise with you after doing that. Then maybe she doesn't deserve you....

Reply #15288 Posted: December 13, 2012, 11:36:23 am

Offline winter

• Addicted
Quote from: The Demon Lord;1511587
Then maybe she doesn't deserve you....

QFT.

Reply #15289 Posted: December 13, 2012, 11:39:19 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

I wouldn't be bottoming out if I thought she wasn't worth it. But I hear what you're saying though.

I just need to find away into the States now that marriage and an H1-B visa isn't going to work (H1-B visas, even though I qualify I don't think a US based employer will want to pay upwards of $5000 in fees to hire me, and it wouldn't allow me to begin work until Oct 2013 at the earliest).

The whole "I don't want to piss my parents off and try and work something out" is really making me feel uneasy about how she truly feels about our relationship.
Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 11:47:08 am by Retardobot

Reply #15290 Posted: December 13, 2012, 11:45:02 am

Codex

They obviously know the game and how to play it

Cunt stains

Reply #15291 Posted: December 13, 2012, 11:53:48 am

Offline winter

• Addicted
Quote from: Retardobot;1511590
The whole "I don't want to piss my parents off and try and work something out" is really making me feel uneasy about how she truly feels about our relationship.

Yeah, from reading your posts, this is bit concerning - Good luck me old son, for some cheering up.. view the below.

Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 12:11:51 pm by winter

Reply #15292 Posted: December 13, 2012, 11:55:02 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Quote from: Codex;1511592
They obviously know the game and how to play it

Yep.

My partner apologised to me on their behalf a little while ago because they've had to chase off a bf in the past that originally followed her to NZ because my partner didn't know how to end it properly. However that guy was a scum feeder and deserved to be chased off.

It's left me with over-protective parents to try and convince otherwise.

Also, that video was amazing.

Reply #15293 Posted: December 13, 2012, 12:09:24 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Growler;1511582
then shit on his keyboard just to totally dominate him!

FLAWLESS VICTORY!

You cannot use the quote of FLAWLESS VICTORY without FINISH HIM.

Reply #15294 Posted: December 13, 2012, 12:39:04 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Cleared my head a bit.

Had a chat with mum. Fucking love my mum.

Reply #15295 Posted: December 13, 2012, 12:55:24 pm

Offline Growler

Reply #15296 Posted: December 13, 2012, 01:01:51 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Growler;1511603
don't make me bitch slap you xsssanazazzs!

Oh please please please.  Gently at first and then build it up to a good hard spanking.

But bring bacon with you....

Reply #15297 Posted: December 13, 2012, 01:18:50 pm

Codex

Quote from: Retardobot;1511602
Cleared my head a bit.

Had a chat with mum. Fucking love my mum.

If it makes you feel any better, I also love your mother

Reply #15298 Posted: December 13, 2012, 02:04:00 pm

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Codex;1511614
If it makes you feel any better, I also love your mother

I'm sure it makes his mum feel better.

Reply #15299 Posted: December 13, 2012, 02:05:41 pm