Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Coca-Cola have the world's most protected brand. Down to recognizing 4 main characteristics that make it what it is.

They're known amongst branding consultants and design teams as being astoundingly ravenous when it comes to locking down on the label so I'm not surprised to see that.

It took years for a consultant and design team to convince the marketing heads, share-holders and execs to have Coca-Cola distill its brand to what it is now. And with this has come insane measures to protect it.

Reply #15725 Posted: January 09, 2013, 11:39:18 am

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.
Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 02:15:32 pm by Tandoori

Reply #15726 Posted: January 09, 2013, 02:14:01 pm

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Super_Hori;1513984
Fuck Coca-Cola, they can go suck a dick.

What did Coca-Cola ever do to you?

Reply #15727 Posted: January 09, 2013, 02:18:25 pm

Offline winter

• Addicted
  • winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!
Quote from: Spacemonkey;1513985
What did Coca-Cola ever do to you?

Rot his teeth and gave him early onset parkinsons.

Reply #15728 Posted: January 09, 2013, 02:35:01 pm

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Well they sell a product that is essentially very bad for you, to young people via clever marketing to make huge profits.
Not really a good thing to do. Good way to get rich though.

Reply #15729 Posted: January 09, 2013, 02:46:05 pm

Offline winter

• Addicted
  • winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!
Quote from: Emrico1;1513989
Well they sell a product that is essentially very bad for you, to young people via clever marketing to make huge profits.
Not really a good thing to do. Good way to get rich though. That is essentially what makes them an 'evil corporation' along with others.

Yeah for sure - fuck, I haven't had a caffeinated drink in over 2 years. Feels good man.

Reply #15730 Posted: January 09, 2013, 02:46:46 pm

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Emrico1;1513989
Not really a good thing to do. Good way to get rich though.

There are far worse companies which sell far more dangerous products. (Tobacco, guns etc)

Coke isn't that bad, in the end, people make their own decisions on what to drink. Can't blame a company for doing good business.

Reply #15731 Posted: January 09, 2013, 03:34:01 pm

Quote from: winter;1513990
Yeah for sure - fuck, I haven't had a caffeinated drink in over 2 years. Feels good man.

I love my caffeine. Feels good man.

Reply #15732 Posted: January 09, 2013, 03:35:13 pm

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Quote from: Spacemonkey;1514003
There are far worse companies which sell far more dangerous products. (Tobacco, guns etc)

Coke isn't that bad, in the end, people make their own decisions on what to drink. Can't blame a company for doing good business.

That's exactly right but it's also what these kinds of businesses hide behind. Tobacco companies knew about the associated health problems with cigarettes long before they stopped promoting their products as healthy, willingly hurting people for money.

If for example a Pharmaceutical company hides side effects of a particular product it's taken off the shelves. Whereas these types of companies have no legal requirement because the content of their products are legal, despite being in quantities easily abused without proper education. Products that are readily promoted as healthy and associated with a clean lifestyle. Also promoted in countries and for demographics where there clearly isn't education for people to understand the health choices they are making.

Fuck them for knowingly fucking other humans in the name of profit. Fuck any company that operates on that level. Profit can be made without this kind of detriment to mankind.

The damage to heath in the Western world from these kinds of products would outweigh gun issues by I'd guess 100000 - 1.

If 'good business' is 'screw the world for profit' then I'll take 'bad business' thanks....
Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 03:55:40 pm by Emrico1

Reply #15733 Posted: January 09, 2013, 03:52:15 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.

Reply #15734 Posted: January 09, 2013, 04:06:35 pm

Offline Emrico1

Quote from: Super_Hori;1514013
I just prefer pepsi.

OH LOL

Reply #15735 Posted: January 09, 2013, 04:07:45 pm

Codex

I just prefer pepsi.

Reply #15736 Posted: January 09, 2013, 04:09:03 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
I just prefer pepsi.

OUT

Reply #15737 Posted: January 09, 2013, 04:19:00 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
Pepsi...  Thats the stuff you piss out after drinking coke isnt it?

Reply #15738 Posted: January 09, 2013, 04:33:50 pm

Quote from: Xsannz;1514018

I've been to the factory, that's how it's made.

Thousands of guys drinking coke all day.

Reply #15739 Posted: January 09, 2013, 04:42:07 pm

Offline winter

• Addicted
Quote from: Xsannz;1514018

dunno? wanna test?

Reply #15740 Posted: January 09, 2013, 04:42:25 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted

I don't like Coke because they're naughty, and I wouldn't have a problem with further regulation of their industry, just like guns and tobacco.

Reply #15741 Posted: January 09, 2013, 04:50:01 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
I just want a button that removes human existence from the current timeline.

God I would press it so hard.

Reply #15742 Posted: January 09, 2013, 04:51:42 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
To me the difference is that 1 can of coke will do marginal if any health damage, 1 cigarette (or a bullet lol) will do quantifiable health damage and may lead to addiction, not that you can't be addicted to coke, just that cigarettes (or bullets?) are much easier to be...come...addicted to. long sentence.

Reply #15743 Posted: January 09, 2013, 05:17:36 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Super_Hori;1514021
I don't like Coke because they're naughty, and I wouldn't have a problem with further regulation of their industry, just like guns and tobacco.

Governments should introduce a ration ticket system for sugar based shit.
Oh you spent your 3 weekly tickets for 3 cans of coke on the same day? BL FATTY, YOU AIN'T GETTIN' NO MORE!

Reply #15744 Posted: January 09, 2013, 05:39:07 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Emrico1

Reply #15745 Posted: January 09, 2013, 06:01:14 pm

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
  • Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!

Reply #15746 Posted: January 09, 2013, 07:27:54 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Reply #15747 Posted: January 09, 2013, 07:30:25 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!

Noms. VDSL installed today

3 weeks of DLM and that will improve, too
Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 12:16:45 am by Speakman

Reply #15748 Posted: January 10, 2013, 12:14:12 am
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Emrico1

Quote from: Speakman;1514059

Noms. VDSL installed today

3 weeks of DLM and that will improve, too

Reply #15749 Posted: January 10, 2013, 01:51:31 am