Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.
The mountains are actually more than 50km away, just quite big.

The photo is not from a building I would say, seeing as you can see Christchurch CBD in one. Well, might be from a building on a hill.

Reply #1625 Posted: October 20, 2010, 09:37:53 pm
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!

Reply #1626 Posted: October 20, 2010, 09:39:34 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Nice, I was going to ask if you asked to be let on top of the building, as there is a pretty large building across the road from me which would be perfect for taking a few city scapes, but I'm doubtful if they would let just anyone onto their roof.

Reply #1627 Posted: October 20, 2010, 09:46:26 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
was the perfect day, early morning rain cleared to bright blue sky, fresh snow etc.

Reply #1628 Posted: October 20, 2010, 09:59:10 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Do you have a notebook with you (in the car or what ever) so you can check your photos quickly?

You are obviously far far far superior to me in photography ways, but I'll take a whole load of photos which look perfect on the lcd screen, get home and they are at least a bit out. This is especially the case on a bright sunny day, even when attempting to take your sunny 16 rule into play. :P

Although my big problem is that I need to take more photos.

Reply #1629 Posted: October 20, 2010, 10:01:10 pm

Offline Growler

nope no notebook, but you have to remember I have been a printer and designer for a long long time so I know how to read a curve properly.

Do you use the histograms at all on your camera?

Reply #1630 Posted: October 20, 2010, 10:20:09 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
I sometimes try my best to read them, however taking advantage of them is another thing altogether.

Reply #1631 Posted: October 20, 2010, 10:23:50 pm

Offline Growler

PM me your make of camera etc mate and I will send you some shit to read over and try make life a little easier for you.

Reply #1632 Posted: October 20, 2010, 10:26:55 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline desertergreg

• Devoted Member
  • desertergreg has no influence.

Reply #1633 Posted: October 20, 2010, 11:24:43 pm
Quote from: Nostargate;1363344
I roofled once, it was a party.....i was young and naive.....................................

Obble

TV PEOPLE OF GetSome.(those who i can understand) :P

Saw sons of anarchy on tv3 last night, does it stay as good as the first episode, and worth downloading, i know some of you like it.? I am dissapoint in so many shows starting off so well and turning to shit >_<

Also! wickipedia says it first aired in 08? Why does shit take so long to get to nz?

Reply #1634 Posted: October 21, 2010, 12:32:48 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Obble;1323254
Why does shit take so long to get to nz?
Because of our small amount of channels and small timetable.

If you want to blame someone, blame the fuckheads who sit in front of the TV with their mashed potatoes and boiled carrots while watching Shortland St.

Shitty shows like that is what takes up our TV timetable leaving no room for decent shows.

Reply #1635 Posted: October 21, 2010, 12:35:31 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!

Reply #1636 Posted: October 21, 2010, 02:49:58 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline 420fairy

• Mother Of Dragons

• 420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: RetardoBot;1323259

If you want to blame someone, blame the fuckheads who sit in front of the TV with their mashed potatoes and boiled carrots while watching Shortland St.

Shitty shows like that is what takes up our TV timetable leaving no room for decent shows.

think youll find it has more to do with a) ratings b) cost of the programme Rii as opposed to ohh a very small handful of homegrown entertainment taking up all the slots.

considering tv2 for instance runs 24 horus a day. out of that, 4.5 hours max are filled by nz shows.

Reply #1637 Posted: October 21, 2010, 02:54:10 pm

Offline Goldo

• Goldo has no influence.

Saw sons of anarchy on tv3 last night, does it stay as good as the first episode, and worth downloading, i know some of you like it.? I am dissapoint in so many shows starting off so well and turning to shit >_<

Also! wickipedia says it first aired in 08? Why does shit take so long to get to nz?

A+ show, I recently watched all espisodes (up to current release) on Jonty's recommendation and can safely say it's my favourite show at the moment.

It's badass, gripping and awesome 8)

Reply #1638 Posted: October 21, 2010, 03:03:34 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: th3fairy;1323298
think youll find it has more to do with a) ratings b) cost of the programme Rii as opposed to ohh a very small handful of homegrown entertainment taking up all the slots.

considering tv2 for instance runs 24 horus a day. out of that, 4.5 hours max are filled by nz shows.

I was more or less pointing out the fact that NZ airs crappy TV that takes up the viewing time table. Shortland St. was an example.

I'm angry and sad.

Reply #1639 Posted: October 21, 2010, 03:07:16 pm

Offline DeeUnit

• Devoted Member
  • DeeUnit has no influence.
I think I might download said program and check it out.

Reply #1640 Posted: October 21, 2010, 03:31:31 pm
I got 99 problems but bein\' a bitch ain\'t one.

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Yea great programme, I did not expect it to be good when I fled the first few eps, but it ended up being fantastic and have watched all bar the last two eps

Reply #1641 Posted: October 21, 2010, 04:09:22 pm

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.

Reply #1642 Posted: October 21, 2010, 04:20:13 pm
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>

Offline DeeUnit

• Devoted Member
  • DeeUnit has no influence.

Reply #1643 Posted: October 21, 2010, 04:41:55 pm
I got 99 problems but bein\' a bitch ain\'t one.

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!

Reply #1644 Posted: October 21, 2010, 04:48:19 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.

Reply #1645 Posted: October 21, 2010, 05:34:00 pm

Offline trololololo

• Just settled in
  • trololololo barely matters.trololololo barely matters.

Reply #1646 Posted: October 21, 2010, 05:41:52 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: th3fairy;1323298
Quote from: RetardoBot;1323259

4.5 hours of primetime TV.
All filled with NZ reality bullshit, and shortland st, which is also bullshit, but less reality.

Reply #1647 Posted: October 21, 2010, 07:22:36 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Obble

Quote from: JontyB;1323296
Sons stays good, in fact it gets better
Quote from: Godless;1323300

A+ show, I recently watched all espisodes (up to current release) on Jonty's recommendation and can safely say it's my favourite show at the moment.

It's badass, gripping and awesome 8)

oarsum@@@@@@@@

Reply #1648 Posted: October 21, 2010, 07:27:04 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!

Reply #1649 Posted: October 21, 2010, 08:58:50 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity