Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...
Googlemaps has a cool view today. Possibly because of GOT is back on?

http://www.iforce.co.nz/View.aspx?i=4jw0ooib.y0z.png
Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Reply #17400 Posted: April 01, 2013, 03:45:29 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!

Reply #17401 Posted: April 01, 2013, 05:14:54 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Sigh.

Back to the real world.

Have to look for a place to live. My preferred option has fallen through because the owner doesn't even know what his own housemates are doing. Second option is a big no because I vowed never to live with a couple ever again and it's in the most notorious student area of town in a city that is already overwhelmed with students.

Fuck sakes.

Reply #17402 Posted: April 02, 2013, 12:44:26 pm

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Pyromanik;1522185
That's what I thought. Don't normally get asked. Making judgment calls is too mainstream for hipsters. Maybe the normal checkout birds are just better at telling ages than he is.

At least he carried it all away for me. I should have put more on the conveyer, make him do several trips.

NZ is pretty lax on checking ID most of the time, especially at bottle stores.

US is hard as, they always ask, and even with my passport that still have to call in the manager.

Reply #17403 Posted: April 02, 2013, 12:51:53 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
fuck this opengl assignment.

I want to sit in the sun and read my book...

Reply #17404 Posted: April 02, 2013, 01:56:28 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Bounty Hunter;1522303
fuck this opengl assignment.

I want to sit in the sun and read my book...

What, like raw? Or GLUT? Or SDL?

Reply #17405 Posted: April 02, 2013, 07:04:22 pm

Offline Pyromanik

Quote from: Spacemonkey;1522302

US is hard as, they always ask, and even with my passport that still have to call in the manager.

I find bottle stores almost always check here.
Same with people in SuperMarket who don't know you (haven't checked you 10 times+ before).

Bars are about the only place I know where one can get away with no ID, but they're pretty good at picking ages I find. Babyface mates often get ID'd.

Reply #17406 Posted: April 02, 2013, 07:05:59 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
I got ID'd at xmas.... almost had a heart attack. I think the lady wanted to check out if I was in her age bracket for fun times.

Reply #17407 Posted: April 02, 2013, 07:25:52 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...
Quote from: Spacemonkey;1522302

Yep.

Once I got "YEAHHHH BUDDY, KIWI!!" from a barman and his manager. Like there was some stigma attached to NZ'ers and patronage in bars.

Reply #17408 Posted: April 02, 2013, 07:33:43 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Pyromanik;1522337
What, like raw? Or GLUT? Or SDL?

GLUT

have to make a teapot factory

has to have 3 spinning gears, 2 other moving objects, 2 lights, and arrow keys to navigate, there's a bunch of other things I have to do as well to get bonus marks

Reply #17409 Posted: April 02, 2013, 07:43:36 pm

Offline Pyromanik

Reply #17410 Posted: April 02, 2013, 07:47:51 pm

Obble

Reply #17411 Posted: April 03, 2013, 09:16:43 pm

Offline Pyromanik

Dat kid no balls to tbag with.

Also see =s
  • a= in that mess. The old days eh.

Reply #17412 Posted: April 03, 2013, 09:52:09 pm

Offline trololololo

• Just settled in
  • trololololo barely matters.trololololo barely matters.
Isn't the consumer guarantees act lovely
two and a half year old TV (i.e several months outside warranty) develops a fault
ring up manufacturer, explain fault they tell me to take into local service agent
phone call today offering me a new tv, even bigger with better specs because they don'y make my tv any more
Sweeeeet

PS fault is thin vertical line several pixels wide stuck on one colour running down the complete height of the TV

Reply #17413 Posted: April 04, 2013, 06:03:51 pm

Offline Pyromanik

I have that on my monitor (this one).
Can't complain though. It's at least 5 years old, on a model that's about 10 years old, and I got it free as seconds (bright pixel cluster on edge of screen).

Reply #17414 Posted: April 04, 2013, 11:05:28 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
Quote from: trololololo;1522570
Isn't the consumer guarantees act lovely
two and a half year old TV (i.e several months outside warranty) develops a fault
ring up manufacturer, explain fault they tell me to take into local service agent
phone call today offering me a new tv, even bigger with better specs because they don'y make my tv any more
Sweeeeet

PS fault is thin vertical line several pixels wide stuck on one colour running down the complete height of the TV

I've gotta get around to sending my PS3 back, they replaced it when it bricked itself hence starting the CGA all over again, however the replaced PS3's fans always run at 100%

I'm hoping I get a new slim one, not that I use my PS3 for anything other than watching bluray movies when someone lends one to me haha

Reply #17415 Posted: April 05, 2013, 12:17:42 am

Offline Kopfjaeger

• Addicted
  • Kopfjaeger has no influence.

Reply #17416 Posted: April 05, 2013, 12:57:25 pm

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Kopfjaeger;1522619
hmmm the logs from most FPS servers should make for great cannon fodder for these new laws

http://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/digital-living/8511432/Taunted-teen-backs-bully-law

Hell the posts on here would probably rate up there....

Reply #17417 Posted: April 05, 2013, 01:54:47 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
Imagine old kev getting in on this and calling his thread bullying....

Reply #17418 Posted: April 05, 2013, 01:59:32 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!

Reply #17419 Posted: April 05, 2013, 03:10:04 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Growler;1522624
He's removed all the stuff from his page now.

Ah, so he has. I had to force a refresh because I was still seeing it.

Good move, Kev!

Reply #17420 Posted: April 05, 2013, 03:28:19 pm

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
The introduction of potatoes and muskets triggered upheaval among Māori early during the 19th century, which led to the inter-tribal Musket Wars.

Potatoes?

The introduction of Potatoes led to the inter-tribal Musket Wars?

I didn't know that Potatoes had such a bloody history. Learn something everyday.
Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 03:49:10 pm by Spacemonkey

Reply #17421 Posted: April 05, 2013, 03:46:23 pm

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Spacemonkey;1522627
Potatoes?

I didn't know that Potatoes had such a bloody history. Learn something everyday.

Maori - now mistaken for the Irish

Reply #17422 Posted: April 05, 2013, 04:00:17 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
Quote from: Spacemonkey;1522627
Potatoes?

he references wikipedia though....sooooo

Reply #17423 Posted: April 05, 2013, 04:28:59 pm

Quote from: Bounty Hunter;1522634
he references wikipedia though....sooooo

Exactly.

sooooo potatoes.

Reply #17424 Posted: April 05, 2013, 04:34:42 pm