Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
I'm really sensitive to stimulants which I like, I don't have to load up on shit to feel the effects. I can have a long black (coffee) and I'll hit 17 new dimensions.

EDIT: That video, the young dude at the start - was that the internet activist that killed himself earlier in the year due to mounting pressure from law enforcement from him exposing documents?
Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 11:26:35 am by Retardobot

Reply #17575 Posted: April 21, 2013, 11:24:23 am

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!

Reply #17576 Posted: April 21, 2013, 11:32:57 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Codex

Quote from: Retardobot;1523844
Holy shit.

Got given free fat burning/caffeine pills.

Took 2.

I can see the fucking wind.

HAHAHAHAHA

oh wow

Actually

tears

Reply #17577 Posted: April 21, 2013, 11:55:09 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
A midst the insane events going on in the news, NZ media still finds the time and space to headline rugby.

Reply #17578 Posted: April 21, 2013, 12:39:48 pm

Obble

Quote from: Retardobot;1523855
A midst the insane events going on in the news, NZ media still finds the time and space to headline rugby.

RUGBY DA MOST IMPORTENT FING IN DA WURLD M8

Is what it feels like.

Reply #17579 Posted: April 21, 2013, 01:00:17 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Retardobot;1523855

Ok so we've finally broached the boston bombing subject...

What do you guys reckon about New Zealands lack of attention towards yet another bombing in the middle east? compared the ruckus of america?

Reply #17580 Posted: April 21, 2013, 01:11:39 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Obble

Reply #17581 Posted: April 21, 2013, 01:25:32 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Bounty Hunter;1523859

What do you guys reckon about New Zealands lack of attention towards yet another bombing in the middle east? compared the ruckus of america?

Bombs in the middle east? NO WAI (says the entire western world because they don't have any news coverage of it ever).

Reply #17582 Posted: April 21, 2013, 01:38:49 pm

Offline Pyromanik

Reply #17583 Posted: April 21, 2013, 08:21:24 pm

Offline toofast

• Addicted
  • toofast barely matters.toofast barely matters.

Reply #17584 Posted: April 21, 2013, 09:01:52 pm

Offline BeNZene

• Forum Admin
  • BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...
Quote from: Retardobot;1523844
Got given free fat burning/caffeine pills.

Took 2.

I can see the fucking wind.

Probably contains ephedrine or an analogue. Ephedrine+Caffeine is a fairly common mix for weight loss.  Keep an eye out for side effects, especially if mixed with anti-depressants.
Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 09:08:36 pm by BeNZene

Reply #17585 Posted: April 21, 2013, 09:06:21 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

I threw them down the drain.

I was only curious at what they did.

Reply #17586 Posted: April 22, 2013, 07:54:28 am

Codex

Quote from: Obble;1523856
RUGBY DA MOST IMPORTENT FING IN DA WURLD M8

Is what it feels like.

Especially in NZ when most schooling says "You play cricket? No? You play rugby? No? Sorry we don't give two shits about you or your education then"

Unsurprising.

Reply #17587 Posted: April 22, 2013, 08:50:34 am

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
  • Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Codex;1523905
Especially in NZ when most schooling says "You play cricket? No? You play rugby? No? Sorry we don't give two shits about you or your education then"

Unsurprising.
Jealous nerd detected.

OH

OH

OOH

See what I did thar.

:(

Reply #17588 Posted: April 22, 2013, 10:01:48 am
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.

When thinking about this, and also the inevitability of rugby-headlines, it's useful to consider various conceptions of the media.
Brief outlines of political theories of mass media follow.

Theories of Mass Media:

Pluralist model:
- media as an ideological marketplace in which a wide range of views are debated and discussed
- suggests impact of media is essentially neutral in that it tends to reflect the balance of forces within society at large

Dominant-Ideology model:
- media as a politically conservative force that is aligned to their interests of economic and social elites, and serves to promote compliance
- ownership ultimately determines the political and other views that the mass media disseminate

Elite-Values model:
- Suggests that editors, journalists and broadcasters enjoy significant professional independence, and that even the most interventionist media moguls are able only to set a broad political agenda but not control the day -to -day editorial decision making.
-Media's political bias reflects that values of groups that are disproportionally represented amongst its senior professionals

Market Model:
- media reflect, rather than shape, the views of the general public.
- Occurs because private media outlets are first and foremost businesses concerned with profit maximization and thus extending market share; the media therefore give people 'what they want' and can not afford to alienate existing or potential viewers by presenting political viewpoints with which they may disagree.

Reply #17589 Posted: April 22, 2013, 10:58:19 am

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
I'm always seeing news about bombings in the middle east on NZ TV.

Certainly don't notice any 'lack of attention'.

Reply #17590 Posted: April 22, 2013, 12:08:41 pm

Offline deanox

• Just settled in
  • deanox has no influence.
Quote from: Retardobot;1523837
It terrifies me how easily the media can groom a nation.

The 'Boston Bomber' is apparently already guilty. The president thinks he has done it, all major media outlets have already painted him has guilty and everyone is already asking for his head without even a single line of questioning taking place.

Innocent people don't usually fire at and throw bombs at police do they?

Reply #17591 Posted: April 22, 2013, 01:48:31 pm

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
He was sleeping in a boat!

A motherfucking boat.

How much more evidence do you need!?
Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 01:56:51 pm by Spacemonkey

Reply #17592 Posted: April 22, 2013, 01:54:05 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Quote from: deanox;1523925
Innocent people don't usually fire at and throw bombs at police do they?

Throw bombs at police?

What fucking news stories are you reading? Sensationalist BS from Fox or CNN that reported fake shit for close to 2hrs at the time he went on the run probably.

They've APPARENTLY found a 'cache of weapons' in the area and an undetonated bomb in the car he was in.

I don't really believe anything the news reports are peddling. It's too easy just to make up shit because the entire world wants this kid's head on a pike.

Wait for a trial.
Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 02:00:02 pm by Retardobot

Reply #17593 Posted: April 22, 2013, 01:56:26 pm

As the swat teams closed in on the area, the commander announced over the radio...

"Enemy boat spotted!"

Reply #17594 Posted: April 22, 2013, 01:58:38 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Lies. They were still all choosing their weapons loadout at the buy area.

Reply #17595 Posted: April 22, 2013, 02:01:25 pm

Quote from: Retardobot;1523928
Throw bombs at police?

What fucking news stories are you reading? Sensationalist BS from Fox or CNN that reported fake shit for close to 2hrs at the time he went on the run probably.

They've APPARENTLY found a 'cache of weapons' in the area and an undetonated bomb in the car he was in.

I don't really believe anything the news reports are peddling. It's too easy just to make up shit because the entire world wants this kid's head on a pike.

Wait for a trial.

What news are we supposed to read? Is there one news which is the correct one?

I also read that explosive devices were thrown at police.

Regardless, he's awake now. So we can wait for the trial.

Reply #17596 Posted: April 22, 2013, 02:06:28 pm

Offline deanox

• Just settled in
  • deanox has no influence.
Quote from: Spacemonkey;1523927
He was sleeping in a boat!

A motherfucking boat.

How much more evidence do you need!?

Boats and Hoes!!!!

Anyway the whole thing was staged, the government's behind it all!

Reply #17597 Posted: April 22, 2013, 02:10:27 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

None of it.

I saw the initial report of it happening and then have ignored the rest of the reporting because now news outlets are fighting over the information and shit just gets incorrectly reported.

Website imgur is usually a good source for unbiased news. Funny, I know. But users will usually post images of what is happening as it is happening to the gallery. For instance, users were posting bullets holes from the crossfire ending up in their lounges and offices, along with photos of boston PD/SWAT doing sweeps. There were no reports of bombs being thrown from people who were int he immediate area.

Reply #17598 Posted: April 22, 2013, 02:12:37 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!

Reply #17599 Posted: April 22, 2013, 02:22:42 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!