Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Codex

Quote from: Obble;1525274
they level.

I regret nothing

Reply #17875 Posted: May 15, 2013, 07:11:04 am

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: BeNZene;1525160
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3C5nE4UqqLk - you should consider having sex with a bearded man

That awkward moment when you realise you sent this video to a client rather than the person across the desk from you.

Reply #17876 Posted: May 15, 2013, 05:39:17 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Obble

Quote from: Codex;1525303
I regret nothing

No regrets.

No problems.

Reply #17877 Posted: May 15, 2013, 05:56:57 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!

>work in an office of all women.
>be an adult.
>assume you work with other adults.
>drink coffee once in a blue moon other adults buy, from office kitchen.
>notice coffee has been hidden.
>boss is embarrassed.
>tells me other office members are hiding coffee from me.
>they don't like the one coffee I have roughly every 2 weeks.
>boss had been asked to talk to me about it.
>areyoukidding.jpg
>boss finds coffee hidden with sticker saying "private, do not touch".
>buy new, expensive coffee for work mates to apologise for the gallons upon gallons of coffee I must have consumed along with chocolate and new coffee jar.
>get told it was their coffee and I shouldn't have been drinking it when I present them with gifts of reimbursement.
>get no thank you, no smile.
>be thankful boss is awesome.

Reply #17878 Posted: May 15, 2013, 06:07:41 pm

Obble

Thats pretty shitty, although women, something about them and coffee, they go full retard.

The women at work today were being annoying, all i said was " All women shall only speak when spoken to from now on."

I'm glad they get my sense of humour.

Reply #17879 Posted: May 15, 2013, 06:10:06 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
The fact they don't want me to drink their coffee is fine, regardless of the minuscule amount I actually drink.

What bothers me is that they were all too piss-cowardly to approach me and simply ask "Rii, if you want to drink the coffee, would you mind contributing?"

Instead they whined to the boss and asked her to talk to me. Apparently I'm not allowed to touch anything in the kitchen that hasn't been purchased by work (things like salt, bread, milk, coffee and the hundreds of jars of various spreads, seasonings etc).

Kinda sucks because if they complained about something so simple and easily resolved they no doubt bitch about a thousand other irrelevant BS.

Goodbye workplace camaraderie.

Reply #17880 Posted: May 15, 2013, 06:19:00 pm

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
  • deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.
Quote from: Retardobot;1525325
The fact they don't want me to drink their coffee is fine, regardless of the minuscule amount I actually drink.

What bothers me is that they were all too piss-cowardly to approach me and simply ask "Rii, if you want to drink the coffee, would you mind contributing?"

Instead they whined to the boss and asked her to talk to me. Apparently I'm not allowed to touch anything in the kitchen that hasn't been purchased by work (things like salt, bread, milk, coffee and the hundreds of jars of various spreads, seasonings etc).

Kinda sucks because if they complained about something so simple and easily resolved they no doubt bitch about a thousand other irrelevant BS.

Goodbye workplace camaraderie.

buy tampons .. put in convenient place add habanero chilli paste to tampons.... sit back and lols at reaction

Reply #17881 Posted: May 15, 2013, 06:44:04 pm

Obble

You're obviously too alpha beard to be approached.

Reply #17882 Posted: May 15, 2013, 06:56:34 pm

Offline Pitchey

• Addicted
  • Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!
Quote from: Obble;1525329
You're obviously too alpha beard to be approached.

Indeed, prolly worried that they'd get knocked up by just talking to you.

Reply #17883 Posted: May 15, 2013, 06:58:56 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Reply #17884 Posted: May 15, 2013, 07:11:14 pm

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
  • deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.
haha go to work with condom on so said manly man beard and then say ... in the bum no babys! boooyha bitchs!

Reply #17885 Posted: May 15, 2013, 07:19:25 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Wimminz in the office. So many places, so many powertrips/games. So glad mine has cool chicks.

Just be glad Rii, if you'd asked she probably would have felt sociatal pressure to say yes, then gone home and harped on for about 2 hours or more about this self absorbed selfish arsehole at work who uses all her coffee and doesn't contribute but she has to say yes or else she'll seem like a bitch and if only this person would wake up and get their own coffee, but they don't because they're such a leach on society and office politics and "omg you wouldn't believe what that bitch mary said to me today when we went out for lunch and I offered to get her some and she said no thanks but I thought it was kinda snarky even though she used polite words and I stressed the fuck out about it all afternoon and I do all the work there these other people just steal my sunshine I'm so seriously underappreciated and I should get a payrise but the boss is incompetent but at least she finally dealed with the coffee thief but only after I had to remind her to do it after it happened at least 50 times."

Even though you only had some once or twice.

TL;DR, bitches take themselves way too seriously.
Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 07:46:19 pm by Pyromanik

Reply #17886 Posted: May 15, 2013, 07:30:12 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
I've spent %1 of my work life dealing with female workmates, being a programmer is like working in the 1950's

Reply #17887 Posted: May 15, 2013, 07:55:01 pm

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Bell;1525335
I've spent %1 of my work life dealing with female workmates, being a programmer is like working in the 1950's

I'm a programmer, half the people at our workplace are female.

Reply #17888 Posted: May 15, 2013, 07:57:58 pm

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
Passive Aggressiveness and Office Politics

And women that complain I get paid more than them - I ask when they last asked the boss for a pay rise - they say that the boss should notice that they are working hard and give them a raise....

Gotta love it.

Reply #17889 Posted: May 15, 2013, 07:58:18 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: Spacemonkey;1525338
I'm a programmer, half the people at our workplace are female.

Maybe I should change that to game developer.
Really %50? that's pretty cool I haven't worked with a female programmer yet the tally is probably M:F - 50:0

Reply #17890 Posted: May 15, 2013, 08:02:52 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Reply #17891 Posted: May 15, 2013, 08:03:49 pm

Offline Pitchey

• Addicted
  • Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!
lol, I've had a few female bosses, one in particular was a pain in the ass, seemed to think she had to be a dragon to get anything done.

Another, my last female boss was great, would happily work for her again.

It's just how you come across as a person?

Reply #17892 Posted: May 15, 2013, 10:16:23 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Not worth discussing any further, I was just having a whinge :P

Reply #17893 Posted: May 15, 2013, 10:21:24 pm

Offline Pyromanik

Buy an espresso machine, plonk it in the office and then put a post-it note on it: "Private, do not touch".
Have clearly more beans than you will drink before they go stale stocked in it.

That or the same post-it note thing only with your crotch instead of an espresso machine.

Reply #17894 Posted: May 15, 2013, 10:36:06 pm

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!

Reply #17895 Posted: May 16, 2013, 08:12:02 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Quote from: Spacemonkey;1525368
The Swan Princess!

Great movie.

Reply #17896 Posted: May 16, 2013, 08:31:14 am

Offline private_hell

• Addicted
  • private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: Pyromanik;1525354
Buy an espresso machine, plonk it in the office and then put a post-it note on it: "Private, do not touch".
Have clearly more beans than you will drink before they go stale stocked in it.

That or the same post-it note thing only with your crotch instead of an espresso machine.
buy a coffee grinder and just grind your coffee beans at work - dont drink the coffee at work - just grind the beans at work

Reply #17897 Posted: May 16, 2013, 08:44:13 am
"Let him who desires peace prepare for war" - Flavius Vegetius Renatus (375AD) De Rei Militari

Offline Pyromanik

Quote from: private_hell;1525374
just grind the beans at work

Every quarter hour.

Reply #17898 Posted: May 16, 2013, 05:36:30 pm

Obble

[Confession bear] I listen to the women at work talk about being fat/getting fatter all week, and on a friday i either buy a chocolate cream log, or eclairs for them. They think i'm just being nice. [/Confession bear]

Reply #17899 Posted: May 16, 2013, 05:56:10 pm