Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Retardobot;1532293
Is this how you and your boys roll, Bounty? http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/americas/9230450/Watch-Biker-gang-terrorises-family

I'm not going to justify what either party did in that case cause I simply don't know the details.

But looking at how those guys were riding, and the sheer number of them. I'd assume the rover driver made an honest mistake and a biker took offence. If I'd been that guy, I would have pulled over and stopped. Not specifically because they're bikers, but because they're obviously dick heads looking to cause trouble.

No, that's not how my boys and I roll. This is how my boys and I roll:

Not like a bunch of try hard squids who play in traffic.

Reply #18600 Posted: October 01, 2013, 09:05:23 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
GUYS I HAVE TO RANT ABOUT PHONEBLOKS!

GetSome was down while it was storming around facebook.

http://www.phonebloks.com/

In case you didn't see the idiocy let me show it to you, so that you too can realise the stupidity of it.

IT CANNOT WORK! YOU SILLY MARKETING/DESIGNER PERSON!

Reply #18601 Posted: October 01, 2013, 10:30:50 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
That shit drove me mental when I first saw it.

Fucking video spread like wildfire.

In an attempt to reduce the amount of wastage with keeping the base unit and only replacing parts, you instead create a market where parts will be manufactured in all sorts of different colours, speeds and shapes. Well done, you just fucking made the problem worse by pumping MORE tech waste into the environment.

This concept makes me physically fucking angry at its impossibility (in an attempt to keep the handset at a respectable size) and self-defeating origin.

Reply #18602 Posted: October 01, 2013, 10:34:35 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
Quote from: Retardobot;1532325
That shit drove me mental when I first saw it.

Fucking video spread like wildfire.

In an attempt to reduce the amount of wastage with keeping the base unit and only replacing parts, you instead create a market where parts will be manufactured in all sorts of different colours, speeds and shapes. Well done, you just fucking made the problem worse by pumping MORE tech waste into the environment.

This concept makes me physically fucking angry at its impossibility (in an attempt to keep the handset at a respectable size) and self-defeating origin.

Also you wouldn't be able to account for propagation delay to the memory module.

Also you cant just bung the wifi next to a speaker....or the battery.....

Reply #18603 Posted: October 01, 2013, 10:52:23 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Or plug the wifi into the battery slot...
If you can plug any block into any slot HOW MANY FUCKING CONTROLLERS DO YOU WANT!?

You'd need to make everything uniform, like all the pieces run through some kind of flat contact USB interface...
and so then you've got everything limited not by the pieces, but by the interface (lol ever plugged a thumb drive into usb 1?).
So the parts can only ever get so good because they don't have freedom in design. Like AGP. They fixed that by giving us PCIe.

So then ok, you buy a new interface. Swap the plate that everything plugs into.
Which means everything always needs to be backwards compatible.

And if you buy a new interface, surely it's because you want faster other parts...

So then you've got a whole new phone.
Grats.

PS, I don't think mr designer fase realises how much it's pretty much like that already (cf. SoCs and SiPs). But it's complicated enough to need entire R&D divisions devoted to figuring out how to organise them on a board.

Plus as a proof of concept: Look at how many parts get interchanged out of any proper computer.
Ergo: Stop buying Mac, GOSH what a waste! Hipsters. Gawd.

I don't think anything's made me feel so optimistic and so mad at the same time. The problem at the root of the issue immediately above extends much further too.
Like goobers running around the internet having discovered that if they structure their website code in a certian way it's much easier to maintain.
OMG, WELCOME TO 1970 YOU TWATS.
aka: wow, why do you think they designed the language like that!? If you weren't so fucking concearned with following all your trends and scribbling in your 'best practice' book of how to get up to fuckall you might have learnt something.
Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 11:57:44 pm by Pyromanik

Reply #18604 Posted: October 01, 2013, 11:39:22 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Pitchey

• Addicted
  • Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!
Just to show that MCC isn't the only one who can play with pink bits.... unnhhhh, pink batts.

I figured it was time to go to bed when I started talking to them as I was fitting them.

Am only just over halfway through. Ugh.

Easy access? Ummm, kinda....

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/4033/ylw5.jpg
Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Me go mad in roof space! Talk to flat pink people!

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/6643/im8n.jpg

Reply #18605 Posted: October 02, 2013, 05:17:51 am

Offline winter

• Addicted
  • winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!
Quote from: Growler;1532108
Had a Monaro for the day. 5.7l V8 fully chipped top 6.1giggawatts. Had a smile on my face the whole time, soooooooo much fun.

Christ, how did you manage to return it in one piece?

Quote from: Pitchey;1532338
Just to show that MCC isn't the only one who can play with pink bits.... unnhhhh, pink batts.

I figured it was time to go to bed when I started talking to them as I was fitting them.

Am only just over halfway through. Ugh.

Easy access? Ummm, kinda....

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/4033/ylw5.jpg

Me go mad in roof space! Talk to flat pink people!

Uh oh, someone call the fire department to get Pitchy out of the roof again.. wait a minute..

Reply #18606 Posted: October 02, 2013, 09:23:59 am

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Pitchey;1532338

if I saw that in my Roof, I would be fucking terrified

Reply #18607 Posted: October 02, 2013, 09:30:40 am

Offline Pitchey

• Addicted
  • Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!
Quote from: The Demon Lord;1532358
if I saw that in my Roof, I would be fucking terrified

Ceiling Pitchey is watching you......

Reply #18608 Posted: October 02, 2013, 10:16:03 am

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
I WANT A PHONEBLOK!

ahurhuhruhruhruhruhr

1st meeting with home builders next week! Finally starting the path to spend the money I dont yet have! Gonna be screwed if I dont get $500k in my bank soon. Anyone spare me some cash on no interest?

Reply #18609 Posted: October 02, 2013, 10:31:31 am
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline winter

• Addicted
  • winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!
I have no interest in sparing you some cash.

In all honesty, I'm broke as hell too :(

Reply #18610 Posted: October 02, 2013, 10:36:51 am

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: winter;1532363
I have no interest in sparing you some cash.

In all honesty, I'm broke as hell too :(

Hell is rich.

It's where all the bankers end up.

Reply #18611 Posted: October 02, 2013, 10:46:37 am

Offline winter

• Addicted
Quote from: Spacemonkey;1532366
Hell is rich.

It's where all the bankers end up.

So SM, how are you going with the government shutdown? are all NASA space monkeys to stand down without pay?

Reply #18612 Posted: October 02, 2013, 12:39:30 pm

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: winter;1532381
So SM, how are you going with the government shutdown? are all NASA space monkeys to stand down without pay?

We don't get paid anyway. We're monkeys.

But the guy who cleans out our cage everyday didn't come in today, so I'm a bit worried about that.

Reply #18613 Posted: October 02, 2013, 12:48:50 pm

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Retardobot;1532293
Is this how you and your boys roll, Bounty? http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/americas/9230450/Watch-Biker-gang-terrorises-family

On this - apparently the following happened: (source: http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/10/01/wife-says-lawrence-man-paralyzed-in-nyc-road-rage-incident-caught-on-video/)

Range Rover bumps one of the Bikers.

Bikers get pissed off and hound the Range Rover

Range Rover panics and plows through one of the Riders breaking his back (dude might not walk again)

Bikers take great exception to this, hound him till he gets stuck in traffic, pull him out and beat him.

I will not condone what was done to the driver of the Range Rover (however I understand from the article that he won't be charged for potentially paralyzing someone - which IMO is BS) but in the same breath, I doubt the driver of the Range Rover was paying attention to what was happening in the first incident and also probably doesn't understand how dangerous a little bump to a motorbike can be (especially from an SUV type vehicle)

Reply #18614 Posted: October 02, 2013, 02:55:18 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Watch the full youtube video. The guy in the bike brake checks him hard out. Pulls in front of him and brakes. He got tapped at prob 10km/h. Throws a hissy fit, start slashing the SUV tyres.....

The idiots deserved what they got (not the broken back part, no one deserves that)
Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 03:18:30 pm by Growler

Reply #18615 Posted: October 02, 2013, 03:12:54 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

I can understand why the SUV driver panicked. I would be pretty intimidated as well if there was a hundred bikers around me, with my family in the back seat.

Road rage, everyone just needs to calm the fuck down, then these things wouldn't happen.

Reply #18616 Posted: October 02, 2013, 03:29:32 pm

Offline winter

• Addicted
All of the parties involved should be banished from driving/riding on the road.

The Bike riders are clearly out there looking to start trouble, and dumb enough to get angry when trouble comes'a'knocking.. physically, with a range rover.
and the driver clearly has no self-control in that he would rather plow through over 20 bikers possible killing/maiming them just because they were blocking his part of the road. Whilst inconvenient, probably a different approach next time m8?

but I don't know the full story, just what I've read on here and articles of mixed opinion.

Reply #18617 Posted: October 02, 2013, 03:42:25 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
Quote from: Growler;1532444
Watch the full youtube video. The guy in the bike brake checks him hard out. Pulls in front of him and brakes. He got tapped at prob 10km/h. Throws a hissy fit, start slashing the SUV tyres.....

The idiots deserved what they got (not the broken back part, no one deserves that)

No I don't think he was brake checking him. I see his brake light come on, but he's not braking hard, if he were his bike would have just about stopped in that distance. You can see earlier on he's broken formation (this happens) I think the guy was trying to find a spot to merge with the bikes, he's looking at both flows of bikes trying to find a way in (he might also be trying to find a mate to tell him this ride is shit and they should go canyon hunting). I'd say it's a mixture of shitty rider and shitty car driver. There's a finite amount of both in the world and sooner or later they'll come together.

I don't think anyone is at fault there, but what the rover driver did next was unacceptable.

Monkey there was only 30 or 40 bikes (agreed that might be difficult to tell in dense traffic). Personally I wouldn't be intimidated by 30 or 40 bikes but that's very easy for me to say. Further reinforces the probability that this happened largely to a number of poor decisions made by both parties. It doesn't happen very often but seeing as the american government are all closed up it's all the american media have to report on.
Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 03:57:21 pm by Bounty Hunter

Reply #18618 Posted: October 02, 2013, 03:55:00 pm

Offline Growler

Quote from: Bounty Hunter;1532468
No I don't think he was brake checking him.

I think you seriously need to watch the video.... he pulls in front on PURPOSE and STOPS. He checks him and pays for it. There is no way in hell his intention was otherwise.

http://www.iforce.co.nz/View.aspx?i=0dvv5amh.0b3.png

Reply #18619 Posted: October 02, 2013, 04:02:28 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline winter

• Addicted
There is about 4-5 videos of just PRIOR to the accident/s occurring that the person who took the main video and uploaded em has since removed from youtube.
They're on liveleak, I'd link to it, but I refuse to link to that website because of the high amount of questionable material on there.

Anyway, it shows the bike riders being complete assholes for agessssssssssssssss.. BUT again, I feel both are easily in the wrong here.

Just because someone is annoying or inconveniencing you doesn't give you the right to plow them down in an SUV and for the police to not even give him a warning regarding that is bizarre.

Reply #18620 Posted: October 02, 2013, 04:05:43 pm

Offline Growler

Supposedly the police have confirmed knives were pulled and they were slashing his tyres, what should he do sit there while they go hard at his car with knives until they get bored?

Fuck no, I would drive off to, especially if my children were in the car!

Reply #18621 Posted: October 02, 2013, 04:08:18 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline winter

• Addicted
Quote from: Growler;1532475
Supposedly the police have confirmed knives were pulled and they were slashing his tyres, what should he do sit there while they go hard at his car with knives until they get bored?

Fuck no, I would drive off to, especially if my children were in the car!

Ah, I didn't read or see that in any of the videos - in that case, I would've plowed them harder than a wheatfield. Harder than Zooey Deschanel if she gave me half the chance.

Reply #18622 Posted: October 02, 2013, 04:10:44 pm

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
  • deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.

Reply #18623 Posted: October 02, 2013, 04:12:46 pm

Offline Growler

I guess before we play judge and jury we need the full story. It sucks they guy got seriously injured, but fuck what do you expect when you purposefully take on a car, a Rangerover for that matter. They are designed to go over things much harder than bikes and people!

If they learn a lesson here I hope it's that next time they take on a corolla or prius.

Reply #18624 Posted: October 02, 2013, 04:13:11 pm
Think of me like Yoda,