Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Growler;1532475
Supposedly the police have confirmed knives were pulled and they were slashing his tyres, what should he do sit there while they go hard at his car with knives until they get bored?

Fuck no, I would drive off to, especially if my children were in the car!

If the tires were slashed (and I am not saying they weren't) - then how did the Range Rover manage to drive off at high speed with a flat tire(s) without rolling/loosing control? I understand the drive to defend one self and ones family - but in the initial instance, was there a genuine threat to his life that was significant enough to warrant taking potentially deadly action - on this I am not so sure.
Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 04:23:58 pm by The Demon Lord

Reply #18625 Posted: October 02, 2013, 04:15:17 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!

Reply #18626 Posted: October 02, 2013, 04:22:43 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
I just generally have a distaste for motorcyclists like I do cyclists (not commuters, but lycra clad douche lords).

Sure, there are decent folk out there who ride bikes, but I see far too many lane splitting, neglecting to indicate, casually drifting between lanes on multi-laned highways and riding on the coat-tails of drivers.

BUT there are also an equal ratio of fuckbag car drivers.

Just human nature I suppose no matter what vehicle you drive.

Reply #18627 Posted: October 02, 2013, 04:28:36 pm

Offline winter

• Addicted
  • winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!
I bet you $10.00 the Range rover driver upgrades his SUV to this beast after this debacle.

Reply #18628 Posted: October 02, 2013, 04:32:21 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!

Reply #18629 Posted: October 02, 2013, 04:32:37 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline winter

• Addicted
  • winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!
Quote from: Growler;1532485
what if you drive this?

then I'm clearly wearing far too much clothing to fully enjoy my vehicle.

Reply #18630 Posted: October 02, 2013, 04:34:23 pm

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Retardobot;1532483
I just generally have a distaste for motorcyclists like I do cyclists (not commuters, but lycra clad douche lords).

Sure, there are decent folk out there who ride bikes, but I see far too many lane splitting, neglecting to indicate, casually drifting between lanes on multi-laned highways and riding on the coat-tails of drivers.

BUT there are also an equal ratio of fuckbag car drivers.

Just human nature I suppose no matter what vehicle you drive.

just from my short experiance riding (although I clock up about 140K a day on my bike) the most terrifying thing I have done was try to ride home in heavy traffic without lane splitting - seriously, start/stop traffic on a bike (when you are just at the limit you can balance) and having to constantly fiddle the throttle, clutch and brake is really really hard.

Reply #18631 Posted: October 02, 2013, 04:37:48 pm

Offline Growler

Quote from: The Demon Lord;1532487
having to constantly fiddle the throttle, clutch and brake is really really hard.

If you weren't such a hippy you would be better at it ;)

Reply #18632 Posted: October 02, 2013, 04:53:55 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline winter

• Addicted
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Reply #18633 Posted: October 02, 2013, 04:57:18 pm

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: winter;1532484
I bet you $10.00 the Range rover driver upgrades his SUV to this beast after this debacle.

Next weeks news, a gang of SUV's intimidates a monster truck. Monster truck driver panics and drives over a bunch of SUV's trying to get out of there.

Reply #18634 Posted: October 02, 2013, 04:57:48 pm

Offline winter

• Addicted
That just sounds like a regular night at the Monster trucks! BRMMM BRMMMMMMMM!

Reply #18635 Posted: October 02, 2013, 04:58:25 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Guys,

I wanna buy some shit from DX.com

will the american shut down make buying shit online cheaper soonish?

peace and love

Reply #18636 Posted: October 02, 2013, 05:34:31 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: The Demon Lord;1532431
Range Rover panics and plows through one of the Riders breaking his back (dude might not walk again)

TBH shitchunt should l2drive. Sure.

But this guy... Serves him right for basically trying to kill someone.
Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 06:10:19 pm by Pyromanik

Reply #18637 Posted: October 02, 2013, 06:04:33 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Kopfjaeger

• Addicted
  • Kopfjaeger has no influence.
Quote from: Bounty Hunter;1532492
Guys,

I wanna buy some shit from DX.com

will the american shut down make buying shit online cheaper soonish?

peace and love

USD seems stable, surprise, surprise.  Just buy it @ 80c or near enough the going is good

Reply #18638 Posted: October 02, 2013, 07:25:45 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
test in 24 on bash scripting.

I fuckin hate tests enough as it is let alone a fucking test on fucking bash....I FUCKING HATE IT. IT'S FUCKING DISGUSTING, IT'S A WASTE OF SPACE AND TIME.

Reply #18639 Posted: October 08, 2013, 02:19:59 pm

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
So it turns out the gang of bikers were a bunch of dicks. Their stupid behaviour caused one of them to end up in hospital.

SUV diver did the right thing by trying to get the hell out of there. I'd have done the same.

Reply #18640 Posted: October 08, 2013, 02:26:11 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!

Reply #18641 Posted: October 08, 2013, 02:51:35 pm

Just stuff from stuff.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/9234892/Biker-gangs-terror-chase-Rider-paralysed
http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/americas/9252503/Six-bikers-stomped-on-drivers-head

Police believe some of the bikers belong to a gang known as Hollywood Stuntz. They said the motorcyclists were part of a planned but unauthorized event in which hundreds of riders gathered outside of Manhattan, with the intent of driving into Times Square en masse.

Christopher Cruz, 28, of New Jersey, was charged with reckless endangerment, reckless driving, endangering the welfare of a child and menacing.

Quoting police sources, the New York Daily News reports that while out riding with a mob of bikers Cruz swerved in front of a SUV and caused the driver to bump his back tire.  

The bikers who beat up the SUV driver have also been charged.

Reply #18642 Posted: October 08, 2013, 02:56:00 pm

Offline Growler

ahhh this made me laugh for way way way too long.

Reply #18643 Posted: October 08, 2013, 03:14:26 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Reply #18644 Posted: October 08, 2013, 03:16:25 pm

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
Quote from: Spacemonkey;1532795
Just stuff from stuff.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/americas/9252503/Six-bikers-stomped-on-drivers-head

Hmmmm, I disagree that the driver of the SUV shouldn't be charged - if the motorcyclists can be charged for assault after pursuing someone who was fleeing an accident (especially after witnessing that person run over a bunch of their friends), then surely the driver can be charged with assault with a deadly weapon (the SUV). My point here is that in both instances, illegal actions were commited and in both, there are exceptional circumstances and yet only one has been charged to go before the courts to decide guilt/responsibility.

I also suspect that there is more to the story - I suspect that after the bump, the SUV driver stayed in his vehicle, didn't get out to talk with the person he just bumped (like you should after any accident, even if it was caused by someone being a dick) - I think this is what would have set the group off in the first place.

And before you ask - I don't have anything to back my suspicions up - just conjecture.

Reply #18645 Posted: October 08, 2013, 03:21:01 pm

Offline winter

• Addicted
Quote from: The Demon Lord;1532798
Hmmmm, I disagree that the driver of the SUV shouldn't be charged - if the motorcyclists can be charged for assault after pursuing someone who was fleeing an accident (especially after witnessing that person run over a bunch of their friends), then surely the driver can be charged with assault with a deadly weapon (the SUV). My point here is that in both instances, illegal actions were commited and in both, there are exceptional circumstances and yet only one has been charged to go before the courts to decide guilt/responsibility.

I also suspect that there is more to the story - I suspect that after the bump, the SUV driver stayed in his vehicle, didn't get out to talk with the person he just bumped (like you should after any accident, even if it was caused by someone being a dick) - I think this is what would have set the group off in the first place.

And before you ask - I don't have anything to back my suspicions up - just conjecture.

Because the driver of the SUV wasn't out driving looking for bikers to antagonize? whereas the bikers were out looking to cause shit and be a nuisance? Edit: not to mention they probably have previous convictions for similar behaviour? half of the bikes I've seen in other videos aren't even road bikes, just Motorcross bikes with no plates :/

After watching their youtube videos which show what the 'gang' do whilst riding on public roads, I'm not surprised only the bikers were charged. Check liveleak for footage that has since been removed from youtube by the uploader.. you'll see what these clowns are/were 'proud' of doing on public roads.
Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 03:33:53 pm by winter

Reply #18646 Posted: October 08, 2013, 03:27:58 pm

Quote from: The Demon Lord;1532798
Hmmmm, I disagree that the driver of the SUV shouldn't be charged - if the motorcyclists can be charged for assault after pursuing someone who was fleeing an accident (especially after witnessing that person run over a bunch of their friends), then surely the driver can be charged with assault with a deadly weapon (the SUV). My point here is that in both instances, illegal actions were commited and in both,
The driver didn't 'assault' anyone. He was trying to flee a dangerous situation and the bikers were blocking the exit.

It would be like a bunch a people antagonizing an elephant. That elephant will end up trampling the people just to get out of there.

No, the first thing is you should pull over to the side of the road. Which the bikers prevented the driver from doing because they all stopped like dicks in the middle of the road blocking the driver from going anywhere.

Reply #18647 Posted: October 08, 2013, 03:47:03 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
Quote from: Spacemonkey;1532795
Just stuff from stuff.

When reading about this situation, keep in mind that according to the people bringing you this news, I am an ex-gang leader.

Reply #18648 Posted: October 08, 2013, 05:27:00 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!

Reply #18649 Posted: October 08, 2013, 05:49:36 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.