Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
What about the payout from EQC?

Reply #19975 Posted: April 11, 2014, 07:42:16 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!

Yeah I found in high school and primary school there were definitely kids there to 'eat their lunch'. But that wasn't what I was referring to, I was referring to the staff and 'figure heads' basically pushing everyone down. Don't be clever. Don't stand out. Fall in line. Be another piece of trash we'll push through the system into society.

Such deep, much true

Reply #19976 Posted: April 11, 2014, 07:44:10 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline toofast

• Addicted
  • toofast barely matters.toofast barely matters.
Sorry, I don't understand this paragraph. You're agreeing but redefining but disagreeing? :S

Just trying to say those kind of girls are really just stereotypes, and a decent chunk of kiwi girls that I have met aren't like that.

Yeah I found in high school and primary school there were definitely kids there to 'eat their lunch'. But that wasn't what I was referring to, I was referring to the staff and 'figure heads' basically pushing everyone down. Don't be clever. Don't stand out. Fall in line. Be another piece of trash we'll push through the system into society.

Lunch eaters was just to indicate I didn't go to a specifically academically minded school, but academic success was still promoted.

Reply #19977 Posted: April 11, 2014, 07:47:15 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
What about the payout from EQC?

that buys most of a house, but not all of a house, sell my house and I have all of a house, in the mean time will need to mortgage a small amount

Reply #19978 Posted: April 11, 2014, 09:38:49 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
I wasn't raised in NZ till I was about 9, was a shock to the system starting school here being told that in order to fit in with my class I had to stop trying to learn or stop being clever. And it was like that at every school I went to in NZ, friends of mine that moved here as children also found the same with different schools entirely and have learned it's pretty normal for NZ even though it's disgusting. Part of the reason i'd never want to raise a child in NZ, I digress.

Although I've found this all from my experience and the experiences of other people obviously vary.

NZ state schools are mostly like that, because the majority of good teachers are in private schools. I strongly suspect it's similar overseas. If you want the best education for your kids, be rich enough to send them to a 30grand a year school..

Reply #19979 Posted: April 11, 2014, 09:41:20 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
lolbyefacebook

Reply #19980 Posted: April 11, 2014, 10:19:00 pm

Codex

Cunt pulled out of house sale..... need to find new buyer.... need to get mortgage now to cover new house :(
D: nooooo bad luck dude -____-

Such deep, much true
Sad, isn't it.

Just trying to say those kind of girls are really just stereotypes, and a decent chunk of kiwi girls that I have met aren't like that.
Ah I understand. Although I said also that there are gems around, even though you've met a good amount that aren't like that, proportionally I guarantee it's still minuscule comparatively.

Lunch eaters was just to indicate I didn't go to a specifically academically minded school, but academic success was still promoted.
It is at some schools, although very rarely. At my school I went to, and I know others that were like that, if you didn't play rugby or cricket you were a piece of shit that deserved to rot, and teachers made an effort to make sure you knew you weren't as valuable.

that buys most of a house, but not all of a house, sell my house and I have all of a house, in the mean time will need to mortgage a small amount
Yeah that sucks although if you were interested you could always mortgage another investment property with a large deposit?

Although I can see the appeal of being mortgage free and having a home to show for it x)

NZ state schools are mostly like that, because the majority of good teachers are in private schools. I strongly suspect it's similar overseas. If you want the best education for your kids, be rich enough to send them to a 30grand a year school..
Actually some of the people I know that experienced these things went to private schools, some of them very 'good' ones.

The school I went to was a poor persons private school too.

Then there are some public schools I know of which were exceeding that of the private schools and treated their students well. Rare though.

Tall poppy syndrome is a huge thing here.

Go figure hah.

Reply #19981 Posted: April 12, 2014, 12:09:04 am

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
I seem to remember pressure from my peers to act dumb.

Not giving a fuck about maths etc was cool. If I met that Dave now I'd kick his ass and explain matrices to him because fuck their system for simultaneous equations.

I just realised, both my girlfriend and I have travelled, each with family, not like 1960's Afghanistan on a hookah bus with a Polaroid and a condom, but travelled none the less.

Reply #19982 Posted: April 12, 2014, 12:34:19 am
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Kiwi mind set in general is to stress about shit that doesn't matter and whinge at every opportunity.
Nerds are 'encouraged', but being a cock about sporting success is far more limelight.
Western world (ex. English empire) largely the same, although with varying degrees of beuracracy, apathy, and corruption.
In fact, compared to others, I rate NZ highly. Probably due in part to our small population enabling things like (limited amounts of) forward thinking to bring about change and stuff. Like women's sufferage, etc. But we've got our problems too. Who doesn't?

Of course the Kiwi birds (err, women) thing is a gross generalisation, but opposites attract, and all that.
Genetics says we look for someone from our race with as little 'defects' as possible while being as far away from our own code as possible. Or at least that's what I remember from 5th form science & that 'The Human Body' BBC (iirc) series.

Ps. 'New Zealander' isn't a race, winter. -.-
Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 06:29:10 am by Pyromanik

Reply #19983 Posted: April 12, 2014, 06:22:14 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
I went to Chch Boy's not private but by no means the rough class of Aranui etc (back on my days)

I hear what you say Codex, but while the wife is a home mum, being debt free in every aspect is more appealing for now, maybe once she picks up work again we will invest, we should have a little tucked away by then hopefully. You learn to lead a very frugal lifestyle with 2 kids on 1 income and a mortgage!

Reply #19984 Posted: April 12, 2014, 08:57:34 am
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
I went to Chch Boy's not private but by no means the rough class of Aranui etc (back on my days)

I hear what you say Codex, but while the wife is a home mum, being debt free in every aspect is more appealing for now, maybe once she picks up work again we will invest, we should have a little tucked away by then hopefully. You learn to lead a very frugal lifestyle with 2 kids on 1 income and a mortgage!

Reply #19985 Posted: April 12, 2014, 09:16:59 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Growler

got me car..... yay!! And the wifes..... 2 new cars in 1 day.

Reply #19986 Posted: April 12, 2014, 01:29:18 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline winter

• Addicted
  • winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!
Kiwi mind set in general is to stress about shit that doesn't matter and whinge at every opportunity.
Nerds are 'encouraged', but being a cock about sporting success is far more limelight.
Western world (ex. English empire) largely the same, although with varying degrees of beuracracy, apathy, and corruption.
In fact, compared to others, I rate NZ highly. Probably due in part to our small population enabling things like (limited amounts of) forward thinking to bring about change and stuff. Like women's sufferage, etc. But we've got our problems too. Who doesn't?

Of course the Kiwi birds (err, women) thing is a gross generalisation, but opposites attract, and all that.
Genetics says we look for someone from our race with as little 'defects' as possible while being as far away from our own code as possible. Or at least that's what I remember from 5th form science & that 'The Human Body' BBC (iirc) series.

Ps. 'New Zealander' isn't a race, winter. -.-

Racism was the closest term I could use to define what you guys were doing when generalizing kiwi females in such a negative light. I could've used others but I'm not a very clever man.

Reply #19987 Posted: April 12, 2014, 02:22:04 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=716327485&ed=true

Pass it around.

Feel free to pump up the bids.

Reply #19988 Posted: April 12, 2014, 02:26:43 pm

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
  • Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
It is at some schools, although very rarely. At my school I went to, and I know others that were like that, if you didn't play rugby or cricket you were a piece of shit that deserved to rot, and teachers made an effort to make sure you knew you weren't as valuable.

Did you go to the school of Olympia or something?

I've never heard anyone get shit for not playing sports in my life.

Sure, if you bitch out at P.E because you cbf, then you'll probably get shit, but never have I ever seen anyone give a shit because I never gave 2fucks about sports

Also a general question for you chch's... Is it true you all eat pies in between two slices of bread or is that not as common as I was told (by south islanders)

Reply #19989 Posted: April 12, 2014, 02:57:15 pm
Top Geary - 27th May 2016 at 12:10 AM
I've learnt to ignore when you say derogatory things to me

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!

Did you go to the school of Olympia or something?

I've never heard anyone get shit for not playing sports in my life.

Sure, if you bitch out at P.E because you cbf, then you'll probably get shit, but never have I ever seen anyone give a shit because I never gave 2fucks about sports

Also a general question for you chch's... Is it true you all eat pies in between two slices of bread or is that not as common as I was told (by south islanders)

I'll agree with codex here.. If you weren't a jock and smart you were picked on by everybody. Especially at CBHS in chch

Reply #19990 Posted: April 12, 2014, 03:06:29 pm

Offline Kopfjaeger

• Addicted
  • Kopfjaeger has no influence.
sooooo page 800.....and we're talking about the fucking old boy network

Reply #19991 Posted: April 12, 2014, 03:37:41 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Was there some magical topic that we were supposed to pay attention to come page 800?

Reply #19992 Posted: April 12, 2014, 03:46:10 pm

Offline Kopfjaeger

• Addicted
  • Kopfjaeger has no influence.
not particularly but the chch old boys network is surely near the bottom of any list of topics

Reply #19993 Posted: April 12, 2014, 03:55:41 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

I'd rather talk about the 0 fucks that teachers seem to give in the public school system rather than NZ's favourite conversation topic right now; the utterly useless royals. Fuck right off with that.

Reply #19994 Posted: April 12, 2014, 04:05:05 pm

Offline AvatarFACE

• Devoted Member
  • AvatarFACE is working their way up.AvatarFACE is working their way up.AvatarFACE is working their way up.
I had some cool teachers when I was in school like 10 years ago, that actually were interested in their students and were good teachers (public school). anyway this is a shitty topic, go talk about girls, bacon, cars or some shit, or even better eating bacon with girls in cars. So serious in here at the moment.

Reply #19995 Posted: April 12, 2014, 05:45:30 pm
Wallpaper thread (It was good when it was updated)

Offline Growler

so how about those boobs

Reply #19996 Posted: April 12, 2014, 06:27:40 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
  • Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
I'll agree with codex here.. If you weren't a jock and smart you were picked on by everybody. Especially at CBHS in chch

Maybe it's another south island thing? Schools up in Auckland just aren't like that, although I think James Cook is sports orientated, I don't know if they make you feel like shit if you don't play any.

Then again, they have a cop there everyday, so I think not playing sports is the least of your worries.

The only thing you'll get picked on for up in Auckland is, is if you're doing cringeworthy things, i.e coming into school dressed up as this guy every mufti day, with your two friends dressed up as this and this etc etc.

Reply #19997 Posted: April 12, 2014, 07:52:29 pm
Top Geary - 27th May 2016 at 12:10 AM
I've learnt to ignore when you say derogatory things to me

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
not particularly but the chch old boys network is surely near the bottom of any list of topics

Wait what...

Your complaining that the Christchurch thread is discussing something Christchurch related??

GTFO

Reply #19998 Posted: April 12, 2014, 07:57:13 pm

Offline Growler

Who borked the forums......

house sold!

Reply #19999 Posted: April 13, 2014, 01:33:14 pm
Think of me like Yoda,