Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
So here's the thing... my standards since separation seem to have gone up. I seem to only be keen on chicks that have a standard of upkeep themselves, and although I don't mind the odd drink here and there, I'm steering clear of the chicks that will binge every weekend, all weekend.

Why must I be so fussy at this age, when the pool of options is steadily decreasing!!?

I'm the same as well.

The next girl I get into a relationship with (not into bed with) has to be pretty high calibre. I think it's future proofing any BS that could arise. You've experienced what you don't like in a relationship and what traits in a women cause those issues (due to them not working alongside your own traits). You're more precise about who you want to end up with.

Reply #20075 Posted: April 15, 2014, 12:28:56 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Staffing issues are bullshit, they're all champions.
Talk to a personable human who isn't just reading from a fucking screen when you call.

After quite a bit of negative press over at GeekZone, Snap have _publicly admitted_ they are having issues with staffing levels and support wait times.

Quote from: RalphFromSnap
Apologies for any issues - we've working as quickly as possible to get a number of CSRs on-board so that the call times get back to much more acceptable levels.

Cheers
Ralph

Overall yes I do think snap are pretty cool guys, and have done great things, but they are not bloody perfect!

Yeah, because when you're used to #1, #3 in queue is three times as long!

Also, in all seriousness, that just proves how awesome they are. Who else posts on forums proactively? (Ignoring Simcore).

Reply #20076 Posted: April 15, 2014, 12:44:51 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
why do i need rj45 to rj11?

Reply #20077 Posted: April 15, 2014, 12:46:59 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
This is the best thing I've seen all day.

Boo Boo tasted good, would recommend.

Reply #20078 Posted: April 15, 2014, 12:48:14 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
You just have to be an over confident asshole, and girls will throw their vaginas at you.

It's true, hence bar comment a few pages back.

PS.
Dunsandel is fucking miles out of CHC.
You could call it a satellite I guess, if you're keen to spend half your pay check on petrol each week.
Better to go with the XL combo (see what I did there?)

Rangoon still a way out of CHC, but at least it's not a complete clusterfuck of a commute.
Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 12:54:49 pm by Pyromanik

Reply #20079 Posted: April 15, 2014, 12:49:40 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Yeah, and rangoon at least has a community as well, where as Dunsandel is just a piss stop on the SH1 trip south.

Reply #20080 Posted: April 15, 2014, 01:06:26 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Codex

why do i need rj45 to rj11?

Whaaa?

I need it, not you lol

Reply #20081 Posted: April 15, 2014, 01:37:34 pm

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
Also, in all seriousness, that just proves how awesome they are. Who else posts on forums proactively? (Ignoring Simcore).

Actually quite a few of them do.

Off the top of my head, Telecom, Vodafone, Orcon, Snap, Bigpipe are all well represented over at GeekZone.

Peter Lambrechtsen (Telecom) and John Reader (Vodafone) are both notable standouts.

Reply #20082 Posted: April 15, 2014, 01:40:09 pm

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
Dunsandel is fucking miles out of CHC.
You could call it a satellite I guess, if you're keen to spend half your pay check on petrol each week.
Better to go with the XL combo (see what I did there?)

Rangoon still a way out of CHC, but at least it's not a complete clusterfuck of a commute.

XLent choice of words :-P

For palmy comparison: Dunsandel = Marton to Palmy, Rangiora = Woodville to Palmy

Reply #20083 Posted: April 15, 2014, 01:42:26 pm

Offline Lias

• Administrator
Yeah, and rangoon at least has a community as well, where as Dunsandel is just a piss stop on the SH1 trip south.

Rangoon culture at it's finest:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/news/north-canterbury/9501653/Stunt-backfires-on-man-in-fishnets

A chainsaw-wielding man wearing fishnet stockings chased a Mr Whippy van down the street after a stag party got out of hand.

Reply #20084 Posted: April 15, 2014, 01:43:40 pm

Offline Growler

just go buy one for like $12 at global PC

Reply #20085 Posted: April 15, 2014, 02:01:13 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Codex

just go buy one for like $12 at global PC

oh I see

http://www.globalpc.co.nz/Computers/Cables-(Ready-Made)/Network-Cables/Product-Specification-CB03119.aspx

Hopefully the rj45 is actually also configured this way too o__o

Reply #20086 Posted: April 15, 2014, 02:08:46 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
It's all hypothetical at the moment. But I like chch and hate Palmerston North.

So i'm willing the universe to make things happen.

Hmmmm i could be persuaded to take in another stray, Lias has gotten lazy with his reach arounds, and keeps trying to burn the house down by leaving the oven on.

and while your willing on the universe ask it why it hasn't gotten back to me about getting me laid

I'll be your wingman. We'll get your dick wet in know time.

You just have to be an over confident asshole, and girls will throw their vaginas at you.

needs wetting.. TBH i just need a regular wetting and then out the door .... over having my heart crushed ...

Reply #20087 Posted: April 15, 2014, 02:30:58 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
s5 paired with with watch.. s5 is sexy samsung actually removed bloatware...  dislike telecoms BS renaming the web browser.. hid that and installed chrome.

FUCKING TELECOM  -- same shit with my S4   if you install a non branded rom the 4G option disappears because Tcom config looks at the some fucking config in their rom and approves the device for 4g authentication.. fuckers....

Reply #20088 Posted: April 15, 2014, 02:32:51 pm

Codex

trololo telecom as a mobile provider

trololo telecom as a internet provider

trololo telecom

Reply #20089 Posted: April 15, 2014, 02:51:31 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
s5 paired with with watch.. s5 is sexy samsung actually removed bloatware...  dislike telecoms BS renaming the web browser.. hid that and installed chrome.

FUCKING TELECOM  -- same shit with my S4   if you install a non branded rom the 4G option disappears because Tcom config looks at the some fucking config in their rom and approves the device for 4g authentication.. fuckers....

So technically, Telecom are negating the very feature that Android has? Make it your own...

Calling Google bosses, lawyer up.

Reply #20090 Posted: April 15, 2014, 02:55:53 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted

So technically, Telecom are negating the very feature that Android has? Make it your own...

Calling Google bosses, lawyer up.

Google won't give a shit or they would have samsung on about duplicating everything, 2 app stores 2 music players 2 browsers ....

And Samsung don't give a shit what the carrier does or doesn't do to protect their own clients on their network and stop people using non telecom handsets.

Once product is shipped samsung don't give rats....

Reply #20091 Posted: April 15, 2014, 03:22:26 pm

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Google won't care, nor should they. They give android away for free, carriers can do whatever the hell they want with it.

We still got it pretty good here in NZ, in the US, the carriers control everything.

Reply #20092 Posted: April 15, 2014, 03:54:14 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Why does anyone want 4G/LTE?

I've never been downloading 4GB of something to my phone in the central city and wished I had a faster connection.

Reply #20093 Posted: April 15, 2014, 06:03:03 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline Pyromanik

It's more likely a configuration issue that's automagic on their pre-installed beast.
Give them a call and they should probably either sort it or help you to sort it yourself.

But then again...

trololo telecom as a mobile provider

trololo telecom as a internet provider

trololo telecom

Reply #20094 Posted: April 15, 2014, 06:12:01 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Fuck my CV looks amazing.

I want to suck my own dick I'm that awesome.

Reply #20095 Posted: April 15, 2014, 06:17:59 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
Staffing issues are bullshit, they're all champions.
Talk to a personable human who isn't just reading from a fucking screen when you call.

After quite a bit of negative press over at GeekZone, Snap have _publicly admitted_ they are having issues with staffing levels and support wait times.

Long stories behind that, and lack of action very very nearly made it much worse, but every workplace has staffing issues from time to time, and often they tend to snowball.

Reply #20096 Posted: April 15, 2014, 06:30:56 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline toofast

• Addicted
  • toofast barely matters.toofast barely matters.
Why does anyone want 4G/LTE?

I've never been downloading 4GB of something to my phone in the central city and wished I had a faster connection.

Also isn't the battery drain on 4G/LTE a lot more than 3G.

Reply #20097 Posted: April 15, 2014, 06:36:27 pm

Offline .osiRiS

• Administrator
  • .osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!
New TV....

50inch or there about, 55 is getting too big and I'd like over 42". I am looking at the Samsung 50" 6700. Any other thoughts or suggestions/brands I should look at?

Why the 6700? Apart from a silver base you'd be better off with the 6400.

Samsungs will be very bright but will give you the the best web browser and media player built in. Pictures not too bad either.

Reply #20098 Posted: April 15, 2014, 07:52:41 pm

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...
I use to think rep mattered, now every ones got lots of blue shit just for spamming all the time.

Reply #20099 Posted: April 15, 2014, 08:59:11 pm