Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Codex

^Okay? Nothing to do with what I said :S lol. Cat6 and cat5e both use RJ45. The wall plugs usually lead to a patch panel where you sit a switch or router in there and use half foot/foot cat6/cat5e patch leads into your switch or router.

If the house is having the ONT preinstalled for fibre it should be in the same cabinet too for easy patching.

Reply #20200 Posted: April 23, 2014, 09:52:26 am

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
I had a dig for the patch panel on Monday but no luck thou I didn't do a HUGE dig at all. It wasn't by the fuse box or hiding in open site anywhere.

Will do a better dig net time I am out there!

Reply #20201 Posted: April 23, 2014, 10:00:12 am
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Codex

Sweet x) It's usually in the garage or in the ceiling space if you have a floored ceiling space

Reply #20202 Posted: April 23, 2014, 10:02:50 am

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
yes, I do have a drop down ladder in the garage that has a storage/floored space up there.

Will check that out.

Reply #20203 Posted: April 23, 2014, 10:08:39 am
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
Give me a yell when your fibre goes in, I can come out and sort out the best way to have yo fritz all hooked up n shizz.

By the sounds of it, your developer has hopefully used TCL compliant star wiring, so hopefully you have at least 2 RJ45 ports per faceplate, should all head out to a break out in the garage. Not sure what speeds they usually put in though. Should be at least Cat 5e for TCL compliancy

Reply #20204 Posted: April 23, 2014, 10:17:19 am
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Growler

in the bedrooms there was only 1 port, in the living/s & study nook pretty sure there were 2 ports at each.

Will do Jonty, can take you out for a beer or 2 while you help me get it set up all magical like, i need to do the iphone to the fritz box thingy too. Do I need an app for that?

Oh yeah I have to go pick up my Fritzbox too. Will sneak in this arvo!
Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 10:37:33 am by Growler

Reply #20205 Posted: April 23, 2014, 10:26:25 am
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Growler

hmmmm just read the reviews on the fritz phone app.... I may be better to buy a dect phone by the looks of it!

Reply #20206 Posted: April 23, 2014, 10:30:40 am
Think of me like Yoda,

Codex

I think in the long run you'd be more satisfied with a dect phone anyway if you need to have a home phone. Less hassle really.

It's pretty hard to find non cat5e cable (lower than I mean, obv cat6 is easy) so i'd be beyond amazed if it wasn't cat5e.

Can give you guys a hand too if you'd like x)

Reply #20207 Posted: April 23, 2014, 10:41:12 am

Offline Growler

yeah.... I could hit you 2 nerds to come out to the rolly for a beer and help me set it up.

Still haven't heard from Snap/whoever about the comisioning of the fibre

Reply #20208 Posted: April 23, 2014, 10:46:38 am
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Pimple on my lip makes it look like I have the herps.

So much embarrass.

Reply #20209 Posted: April 23, 2014, 10:50:48 am

Codex

yeah.... I could hit you 2 nerds to come out to the rolly for a beer and help me set it up.

Aww yiss. Keensies

Pimple on my lip makes it look like I have the herps.

So much embarrass.
You mean you don't have the herpderps?

Reply #20210 Posted: April 23, 2014, 10:52:05 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
With the amount of strange I've had recently I've not risked going without checkups.

You won't find anything on me. They test everything by pissing in a cup now, no more Q-tips down your piss tip.

Reply #20211 Posted: April 23, 2014, 11:03:03 am

Offline Growler

not even a glance at your starfish?

Reply #20212 Posted: April 23, 2014, 11:08:37 am
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Oh, there's a few crusts on my starfish, but that's just because I don't wipe.

Reply #20213 Posted: April 23, 2014, 11:11:08 am

Codex

Any of you chch goobers have GoT in 720p with working subs for the non english parts? Getting sick of these shitty rips I keep finding -___-

Reply #20214 Posted: April 23, 2014, 11:35:28 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
I have it in 1080p with subs...  i pulled it from the Snap UNI DC++

Reply #20215 Posted: April 23, 2014, 11:49:59 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!

i could give you a hand.. being an ex telco tech, did codex's flat when he was in riccarton.

Reply #20216 Posted: April 23, 2014, 11:51:45 am

Offline Growler

I have seasosn 1 2 3 @ 720p MKV with subs for the fancy talk.

Not doing season 4 until it finishes.

Jonty can you check my file and see the timings for whoever comes out?

Reply #20217 Posted: April 23, 2014, 12:59:58 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Codex

More for the non english parts. 720p mkv's sound good, sizes? 1-2gb? x)

Reply #20218 Posted: April 23, 2014, 01:19:42 pm

Offline Growler

will check when home

Reply #20219 Posted: April 23, 2014, 01:27:17 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Codex

ty babs <3

Reply #20220 Posted: April 23, 2014, 01:30:09 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
I have seasosn 1 2 3 @ 720p MKV with subs for the fancy talk.

Not doing season 4 until it finishes.

Jonty can you check my file and see the timings for whoever comes out?

JONTY, it will be transfield Tech, i can asset with making them move faster still have contacts at TFS

Reply #20221 Posted: April 23, 2014, 01:44:55 pm

Offline Growler

muhahahhaha....

it's been in the system for like 10 days now so it should have been enough time to allow for planning for a specific day.

Was hoping for Fri 2nd, can prob do 1st as the people we are buying from are GC and will let us in.

Reply #20222 Posted: April 23, 2014, 01:58:09 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Growler

Fucking buyer pulled out of my house with 1 hour to go..... fucking cunt!

Reply #20223 Posted: April 23, 2014, 03:53:59 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Oh for fucks sakes. Is this the same cunt-wobble who pulled out to begin with or a second buyer?

Reply #20224 Posted: April 23, 2014, 04:00:43 pm