Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!

Reply #2650 Posted: November 19, 2010, 03:01:48 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!

Reply #2651 Posted: November 19, 2010, 03:02:26 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Scunner

• Addicted
  • Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...

Reply #2652 Posted: November 19, 2010, 03:03:24 pm

Offline Growler

it was all sleek, sly and devious, ready to devour you at the slightest mistake

Reply #2653 Posted: November 19, 2010, 03:35:50 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Catalyst

• Addicted
  • Catalyst barely matters.Catalyst barely matters.
might have been posted already
Is the USB symbol really the mark of the devil? One group in Brazil thinks so, claiming that the circle, triangle and square connected to an even larger circle diagram resembles a trident used to torture souls down south.

Let's be honest here: the USB symbol does have some resemblance to a trident, featuring three prongs and at least one sharp tip. We're not talking about the current logo consisting of the plug and "Certified USB" label, but rather the symbol clearly marked on the actual connectors. Do a search on the internet, and it's referenced as the USB "trident" symbol.

While it's origin was hard to locate, one suggestion is that the artist based the layout on Neptune's Trident. The three shapes represent three unique devices that can connect to one central destination without the need to reboot--unlike the old-school serial and parallel ports. Could it have been designed using a less sinister layout? Perhaps.

As for the Brazilian group claiming the symbol represents Satan, they're forbidding followers from using any type of USB-dependent device including flash drives, mice and keyboards. According to a report from the Guardian, peripherals must use "common connections." The use of any type of USB device is deemed as worshiping the devil.

On a positive note, the group approves the use of Bluetooth because Jesus Christ had blue eyes.

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/USB-bluetooth-religion,news-8908.html

fucking lol

Reply #2654 Posted: November 19, 2010, 03:50:05 pm

Offline Anaraith

• Addicted
  • Anaraith has no influence.
Balls. I got a ticket for 54km/h. I didn't even know that was possible.

Reply #2655 Posted: November 19, 2010, 04:35:18 pm
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :

Pokemon arent real but they should be.

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Anaraith;1333381

Were you driving through a school area or any other area that requires you to be below 50km/h? If not, contend that shit.

Getting a ticket for 54km/h in a 50 zone is anal and ridiculous.

Reply #2656 Posted: November 19, 2010, 04:46:21 pm

Offline vedds

• Devoted Member
  • vedds has no influence.
[tuiad]Theres no quota for giving tickets[/tuiad]

There is however an "expected number of motorist interactions per hour" & "x percent of motorist interactions are expected to result in a notice being issued by an officer"
Officers who fall outside these expectations are expected to explain themselves...

Paraphrased from an interview a few years ago. But thats the gist of the polices policy.
Cops can write you a ticket for any speed over the limit but have a directive not to issue a ticket below the 10km grace window, exept in extenuating circumstances
You may have been fucked over because of "expectations" or the cop was just having a bad day.

Reply #2657 Posted: November 19, 2010, 04:55:24 pm

Offline Anaraith

• Addicted
Quote from: RetardoBot;1333388

Were you driving through a school area or any other area that requires you to be below 50km/h? If not, contend that shit.

It said I was in a school zone but the ticket said the posted speed limit was 50km/h.

Apparently its 50km/h but if you are doing 3 over they can ticket you.

Reply #2658 Posted: November 19, 2010, 05:03:45 pm
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :

Offline Spigalau

• Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.
Quote from: Anaraith;1333396
Quote from: RetardoBot;1333388

It said I was in a school zone but the ticket said the posted speed limit was 50km/h.

Apparently its 50km/h but if you are doing 3 over they can ticket you.

http://www.police.govt.nz/service/road/speed-kills-kids.html

"Strictly enforce a 4 km/hour tolerance within 250 meters on each side of school and preschool boundaries during high use times"

Reply #2659 Posted: November 19, 2010, 05:11:52 pm
49 20 63 61 6e 20 72 65 6d 65 6d 62 65 72 20 77 68 65 6e 20 74 68 65 20 61 69 72 20 77 61 73 20 63 6c 65 61 6e 20 61 6e 64 20 73 65 78 20 77 61 73 20 64 69 72 74 79 2e

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Well there you go. If you were pinged for going 54km/h then complain. According to the link that Spig just posted, you have a 4km/h tolerance.

Reply #2660 Posted: November 19, 2010, 05:14:27 pm

Offline Anaraith

• Addicted
It was 9:05. That's not a high use time :>

But meh. Only $30 so I will just pay it up.

Well there you go. If you were pinged for going 54km/h then complain. According to the link that Spig just posted, you have a 4km/h tolerance.

I could complain and I might get off but they will probably pull out some bs rule that has been long lost from anyone else and it will just be a waste a time. That and I think my rents are paying for it anyway cos they laughed so much at it.

Reply #2661 Posted: November 19, 2010, 05:14:42 pm
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: Ngati_Grim;1333319
Too hot for this inside business. I need beer and smokes and loose women and good music.

Mission accomplished!

:)

Reply #2662 Posted: November 19, 2010, 05:59:43 pm
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Offline 420fairy

• Mother Of Dragons

• 420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!
sigh *rant about to begin youve been warned*

ok so im having a pretty awesome friday until one of the reps comes to me with a problem. He was porting across 17 mobiles from voda to telecom and had accidentally shipped the director of said company the wrong kind of sim for his iphone. he had loaded a new order with the required micro sim and shipped out. problem was he didnt actually tell anyone including the person in my department who was dealing with his port connection. so he wanders over to me 45 minutes after the porting process had started and tells me the problem. actually he was peaking out. i check it out and tell him that there wasnt any direction or any indication of the error you just described, thus our process for sims and devices loaded as replacements are to connect after 5 days of shipping unless otherwise specified.

so i say cool dude dont worry leave it with me and ill sort it. so i go about fixing the problem. i fix the problem tell him itll be up within the 4 hours (because it wasnt a norm connection) and to advise his client the director of the said business.

3 hours after all of this my phone rings and i answer. after the whole youre speaking with fairy im greeted with " you fucked up my line, youre all fucking useless go fuck yourself ... you get the drift. So i apologise profusely and tell him ill check and see whats going on. Connections werent answering and rather than leave this guy on hold forever i flick back and say im sorry for the wait however this may take longer than a couple of minutes whats the best number to reach you on" he tells me, abuses me one last time and hangs up.

i emailed the rep involved after this and all my email says is:

hey dude, just wanted to say thank you for communicating with your customer about this hold up like i asked; i really enjoyed being abused and told to go fuck myself. awesome stuff.

that was all.

then at 4pm i get reprimanded for my boss for the inappropriate email. i was told to apologise. when i asked for clarification on what i should be apologising for - was told simply to do it. I refused. I said to my manager i didnt abuse anyone, all i did was repeat part of the abusive barrage directed at me by his customer because he didnt pick up his balls and contact the user to admit his error.

i can understand being reprimanded for having the word fuck in my email, however this apparently wasnt the reason why. I dont see why i need to apologise and i dont have any intentions of apologising.

maybe im missing something but im in the right here arent i???

Reply #2663 Posted: November 19, 2010, 08:21:56 pm

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.

Reply #2664 Posted: November 19, 2010, 08:28:51 pm

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted

Reply #2665 Posted: November 19, 2010, 08:29:27 pm

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
You're right, your boss is wrong.

However.

Sometimes it's not worth making a fuss about, and you've made you're point anyway.

Reply #2666 Posted: November 19, 2010, 08:56:37 pm

Offline Menial

• Addicted
  • Menial is working their way up.Menial is working their way up.Menial is working their way up.
Yeah, the thing about sales reps is that they bring in the money.

Reply #2667 Posted: November 19, 2010, 09:01:24 pm

Offline 420fairy

• Mother Of Dragons

• 420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Menial;1333467
Yeah, the thing about sales reps is that they bring in the money.

thats true to some point though it comes down to our department on getting the lines connected. no connection no $$$ however shouldnt it be about repeat business and referrals instead of a one off sale from a company that had such a shit experience from rollout that would not refer anyone to us? it seems these guys just care about making target for the month instead of making target that month then the next from repeat business and extra services.

that was what i had said to my manager.  if i had just said abused nothing would have come of it, its something we deal with week in week out. however this abuse was on a totally different level.

if i was someone that had spent days trying to seal a deal and port 17 mobile lines across, i would be pulling all stops to ensure that at least the directors line went through smoothly, to guarantee that when i go to try and win their wired lines and landlines that theyll remember the excellent service they got from the previous encounter

Reply #2668 Posted: November 19, 2010, 09:24:14 pm

Codex

Lol yeah I get that quite a bit, a lot of people hate it when I tell them something they don't want to hear. Like how their refund will go towards their giant debt...

Reply #2669 Posted: November 19, 2010, 09:40:11 pm

Offline bitchimom

• Just settled in
  • bitchimom has no influence.
Quote from: Anaraith;1333405
I could complain and I might get off but they will probably pull out some bs rule that has been long lost

errr... what... like 'hey we have a speed limit and if you go faster than that we can fuck u off by giving u a ticket'?
summit like that perhaps?

:P

Reply #2670 Posted: November 19, 2010, 10:35:49 pm
bitchimom: dirrrrrty girl racer

earthquake refugee since aaaages ago
http://www.rebuildshakeytown.blogspot.com

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Quote from: bitchimom;1333512
Quote from: Anaraith;1333405
I could complain and I might get off but they will probably pull out some bs rule that has been long lost

errr... what... like 'hey we have a speed limit and if you go faster than that we can fuck u off by giving u a ticket'?
summit like that perhaps?

:P

More along the lines of being inconsistent with enforcing the law.

Reply #2671 Posted: November 19, 2010, 10:41:05 pm

Offline bitchimom

• Just settled in
  • bitchimom has no influence.
mwahahaha if you're after consistency don't go looking at the cops....

Reply #2672 Posted: November 19, 2010, 10:42:38 pm
bitchimom: dirrrrrty girl racer

earthquake refugee since aaaages ago
http://www.rebuildshakeytown.blogspot.com

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Reply #2673 Posted: November 19, 2010, 10:47:01 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!

Reply #2674 Posted: November 19, 2010, 10:59:48 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.