Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Offline Who_ate_my_rice

• Addicted
  • Who_ate_my_rice has no influence.
hmmmmmm has anyone see that Rockit music/pro audio shop in Christchurch?

it interests me because i own Rockit. We are based in AUCKLAND only! So there must be some guy trying to capitalise on my name by opening up a store in Christchurch...

arrgh. and info would be good

Reply #2850 Posted: November 24, 2010, 11:22:29 am
( •_•)>⌐

Offline Menial

• Addicted
  • Menial is working their way up.Menial is working their way up.Menial is working their way up.

Reply #2851 Posted: November 24, 2010, 11:26:51 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Who_ate_my_rice;1335040

it interests me because i own Rockit. We are based in AUCKLAND only! So there must be some guy trying to capitalise on my name by opening up a store in Christchurch...

Are you Trademarked/Registered etc? I just did a search for Rockit at business.govt.nz and neither you or him show up.

Reply #2852 Posted: November 24, 2010, 11:28:43 am

Offline Spigalau

• Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.
Quote from: RetardoBot;1335044

Are you Trademarked/Registered etc? I just did a search for Rockit at business.govt.nz and neither you or him show up.

Search companies.govt.nz and you will find Rice & his brother.

Also I see Jonny Reid has renamed his company to Rockit now too :)

Reply #2853 Posted: November 24, 2010, 11:30:36 am
49 20 63 61 6e 20 72 65 6d 65 6d 62 65 72 20 77 68 65 6e 20 74 68 65 20 61 69 72 20 77 61 73 20 63 6c 65 61 6e 20 61 6e 64 20 73 65 78 20 77 61 73 20 64 69 72 74 79 2e

Offline DeeUnit

• Devoted Member
  • DeeUnit has no influence.
So who's going to jack johnson's concert?

I am so looking forward to it :D

Reply #2854 Posted: November 24, 2010, 11:32:27 am
I got 99 problems but bein\' a bitch ain\'t one.

Offline Clin

• Addicted
  • Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!
Congrats Mr. N, I now know where you live.

But it seems they have not REGISTERED their company as Rockit, so unless you have a copyright, you have't got a leg. They would need to be called "Rockit Sound Limited" for you to have a case.

The companies register is scary thorough...

Reply #2855 Posted: November 24, 2010, 11:39:27 am

lol @ console hate

Offline Menial

• Addicted
  • Menial is working their way up.Menial is working their way up.Menial is working their way up.
I think he actually lives on the Shore. I have no idea why I have this assumption.

Reply #2856 Posted: November 24, 2010, 11:41:26 am

Offline Clin

• Addicted
  • Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!
If he's been a successful business owner since he was 20, I'd imagine he would.

Reply #2857 Posted: November 24, 2010, 11:44:27 am

lol @ console hate

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.

Nope, don't know a thing.
Do you have an address where I can stalk them?

Reply #2858 Posted: November 24, 2010, 11:49:14 am
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Offline Clin

• Addicted

Reply #2859 Posted: November 24, 2010, 11:50:37 am

lol @ console hate

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.

Reply #2860 Posted: November 24, 2010, 12:08:59 pm
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>

Offline bitchimom

• Just settled in
  • bitchimom has no influence.
Quote from: Daddy Clin;1335053
But it seems they have not REGISTERED their company as Rockit, so unless you have a copyright, you have't got a leg. They would need to be called "Rockit Sound Limited" for you to have a case.

The companies register is scary thorough...

there's a huge difference between the Companies Office and trademarks... the wording in company names can be very similar and still be accepted, as long as there is some way to tell them apart.
If you register/ed Rockit as a trademark in the audio industries, then you can stop them trading as Rockit in any similar industry. Trademarks only apply for the industries you register, so Rockit Bed Company or Rockit Party Pills could be fine.

I'll keep my eyes open for ya Rice... any idea what part of town they're in or shall I JFGI? :001_tongue:

Reply #2861 Posted: November 24, 2010, 12:29:05 pm
bitchimom: dirrrrrty girl racer

earthquake refugee since aaaages ago
http://www.rebuildshakeytown.blogspot.com

Offline Who_ate_my_rice

• Addicted
thanks guys for looking into this for me :)  And thanks bitchi for the info on trademarks. if you could dig a little deeper? :D

yer i have no idea where they are located.  mate came up from christchurch because he was working at the nestle warehouse because of all the damaged stock and machinery... came up and first thign he said is. did you open a branch in Christchurch?

so if you could find out for me that would be awesome.

and if you guys are attempting a visit/beating feel free to drop by 33 church street, Onehunga. im almost always at work lol be cool to have a beer with you felluz.

arrgh back to work.

Reply #2862 Posted: November 24, 2010, 01:05:48 pm
( •_•)>⌐

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.

Reply #2863 Posted: November 24, 2010, 01:11:28 pm
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Offline Clin

• Addicted
Holy shit, it is too!

But seriously, I can't find a rockit anything in christchurch...

Not even that bane of Search Engines NZ wide; Finda.

God I hate finda. It's even worse than yellow.

Reply #2864 Posted: November 24, 2010, 01:15:29 pm

lol @ console hate

Offline camy205

• Addicted
  • camy205 barely matters.camy205 barely matters.

Reply #2865 Posted: November 24, 2010, 01:33:17 pm
Quote from: Craigorsarus;1484182
GetSome Thread - Generic Timeline:

- Actual Topic
 - Variation of Topic
 - Someone calls someone a retard
 - Fight
 - Actual Topic
 - Fight
 - Troll
 - Your Mum
 - You\'re*
 - TROLOLOLOLOLOLOL
 - What is this thread about?

Offline Who_ate_my_rice

• Addicted
lol yer i think the freemasons society is just up a few streets lol

was gonna buy that building a few years back. they decided not to sell it hink. i still see the sign up.

Reply #2866 Posted: November 24, 2010, 01:47:43 pm
( •_•)>⌐

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Bought these today.

They're awesome. Metro Fi 170's. $69.95.

If you look close enough you can see my ear-gunk.

Reply #2867 Posted: November 24, 2010, 03:30:52 pm

Offline Menial

• Addicted
I don't think they practice at the Grey Street address anymore if that's the one you mean.

Reply #2868 Posted: November 24, 2010, 03:57:27 pm

Offline bitchimom

• Just settled in
  • bitchimom has no influence.
Quote from: Daddy Clin;1335124
But seriously, I can't find a rockit anything in christchurch...

me neither :confused1:
but will look out for it

Reply #2869 Posted: November 24, 2010, 04:03:50 pm
bitchimom: dirrrrrty girl racer

earthquake refugee since aaaages ago
http://www.rebuildshakeytown.blogspot.com

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: RetardoBot;1334971
Quote from: Rex;1334969
I solo LK, think Im pretty brave Gary

I'm wearing a slim fitting t-shirt. It's showing off my body's definition.

Your gf was right about you.

Reply #2870 Posted: November 24, 2010, 04:30:44 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Quote from: Zarkov;1335209
Quote from: RetardoBot;1334971
Quote from: Rex;1334969
I solo LK, think Im pretty brave Gary

I'm wearing a slim fitting t-shirt. It's showing off my body's definition.

Your gf was right about you.

My GF is right about a great many things.

Reply #2871 Posted: November 24, 2010, 04:57:21 pm

Codex

Reply #2872 Posted: November 24, 2010, 08:11:33 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: RetardoBot;1334585
And Pyro, what's this about a new PC?
Quote from: Catalyst;1334596
this, finally a new pc ?

I bought a netbook.

Quote from: Codex;1334629
Anyone going to L3 this weekend?

Shit, I thought that was in December.
I might be able to come too, I actually have money this time!

Quote from: Catalyst;1334654
i would if i'd known about it earlier :(

I'm sure I crossposted about this a while back.
I guess I thought I should, then didn't.
http://forums.getsome.co.nz/index.php/topic,76848.0.html

*edit: It is in December!
You crazy mofo codex, whachoo talk'n bout foo?

Fuck yeah, strawberries are the business.

Reply #2873 Posted: November 24, 2010, 09:13:49 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
there's a gotlan coming up iirc

also: buses are usless

Reply #2874 Posted: November 24, 2010, 09:18:10 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity