Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.
Quote from: ChineseKiwi;1314463
Quote from: mattnz;1314458
Fine, but I would expect you to attribute the source.

I didn't say 'Google it' at all :/
Also, it's a bit inpractical to direct you to the source all the time. This isn't academia. This is an internet forum.

derp, derp.

Dee Unit, you know the flaws of in-store viewings right?

e.g. they calibrate only the ones that want to sell to you (see highest profit margin), or more likely they aren't calibrated at all + you'll more than likely buy one that fits your flawed beliefs of a product, wether it's scitifically right or wrong. e.g. fanboism / marketing.

Funnily enough, when I wrote 'Google it', I was referring to the person who told me to 'Google it'. Not you. Derp.

But I do appreciate your reiteration of the point I made at the very start.

Reply #300 Posted: September 27, 2010, 03:39:08 pm
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>

Offline DeeUnit

• Devoted Member
  • DeeUnit has no influence.
Will pull the charts I have on my computer at home when I get back from uni this evening.

Reply #301 Posted: September 27, 2010, 03:44:25 pm
I got 99 problems but bein\' a bitch ain\'t one.

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.
Well then you should have said, "I've got some charts showing it has the best picture". Not, "It looked better than the other ones in store". And I would have been all like, "Oh coolies, that's pretty good and stuff".

I have no beef with your TV, it may well be the best. Probably the main issue is that I'm very argumentative, and very bored.

Reply #302 Posted: September 27, 2010, 03:49:21 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
sheesh, don't flatter yourself matt!

we all know you're a cunt, that's why we like you! ;)

Reply #303 Posted: September 27, 2010, 04:02:27 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: ChineseKiwi;1314432

Come on, it's like calibrating some geological equipment so it preforms better and more accurately.
all display devices should be calibrated, regardless on technology.

It's completely different from that. Our geological equipment deals with samples that are already preformed. It doesn't need to preform them any better, or you get laboratory artifacts....But I'm just joshing you and your atrocious spelling :P

Reply #304 Posted: September 27, 2010, 04:05:47 pm
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Offline DeeUnit

• Devoted Member
Quote from: mattnz;1314498
Well then you should have said, "I've got some charts showing it has the best picture". Not, "It looked better than the other ones in store". And I would have been all like, "Oh coolies, that's pretty good and stuff".

I have no beef with your TV, it may well be the best. Probably the main issue is that I'm very argumentative, and very bored.

It's ok, you have a habit of ruffling everyones jubblies.

Reply #305 Posted: September 27, 2010, 04:09:20 pm

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
...oh, and Rii, pretty much the only 'decent' Spaggot's is Distinction Ale. The rest really seems like a Tui clone except slightly less insipid!

Reply #306 Posted: September 27, 2010, 04:11:12 pm
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Offline mattnz

Quote from: Growler;1314501
sheesh, don't flatter yourself matt!

we all know you're a cunt, that's why we like you! ;)

Or dislike, on a case-by-case basis :P

Reply #307 Posted: September 27, 2010, 04:14:10 pm

Offline mattnz

Quote from: Ngati_Grim;1314505
...oh, and Rii, pretty much the only 'decent' Spaggot's is Distinction Ale. The rest really seems like a Tui clone except slightly less insipid!

I'd rather have 'insipid' than 'burnt hair and dishwater'

Reply #308 Posted: September 27, 2010, 04:15:03 pm

Offline Spoonguard

• Addicted
  • Spoonguard has no influence.
Quote from: ChineseKiwi;1314420
And I've offered objective measurements = a strong case tbh.

is the soundcolour actually warmer thou

Reply #309 Posted: September 27, 2010, 04:16:38 pm
        and nothing of value was lost.

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: 12yr old calls work
child: "are you guys open for the holidays"

me: "yes, we are"

c: "what day can we come in"

m: "any day, we have plenty of free space and other bookings you can join with"

c: "oh. so when can we come in?"

m: "choose a day, and i'll let you know whats available for you"

c: "i just want to know when i can and can't come in. thats all"

m: "choose a day that you are available, and i can give you some times. we have a tonne of bookings over the holidays, if i knew when you wanted to play i'll be able to find something that suits for you"

c: "oh ok then" *hangs up*

can someone please teach kids a wee bit of logic and common sense, and a lot more about how to listen? kthxbai

Reply #310 Posted: September 27, 2010, 05:30:35 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline DeeUnit

• Devoted Member
Woah, I am 12 and what is this kid just did a bit of t-t-trollin.

Reply #311 Posted: September 27, 2010, 05:51:21 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
too much of a complete social tard to be trolling on the phone. internet, maybe (if he knows how to use it, which i'd doubt), but not phone

Reply #312 Posted: September 27, 2010, 05:54:08 pm

Offline toofast

• Addicted
  • toofast barely matters.toofast barely matters.
Random question, but what is the name of the font used in all those internet meme posters called.

The text below.

Reply #313 Posted: September 27, 2010, 06:05:13 pm

Codex

well samsung are getting one of their manly men to look at my tv and decide weather or not to take it, hope to hell they take it -_-

Reply #314 Posted: September 27, 2010, 06:07:11 pm

Offline mattnz

Reply #315 Posted: September 27, 2010, 06:08:28 pm

Offline Speakman

Quote from: toofast;1314541
Random question, but what is the name of the font used in all those internet meme posters called.

The text below.

These images usually consist of a photo of a cat with a large caption characteristically set in a sans serif font such as Impact or Arial Black

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lolcat

Reply #316 Posted: September 27, 2010, 06:10:07 pm

Offline Spoonguard

• Addicted
  • Spoonguard has no influence.

Reply #317 Posted: September 27, 2010, 06:12:03 pm
        and nothing of value was lost.

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!

Reply #318 Posted: September 27, 2010, 06:13:03 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline toofast

• Addicted
  • toofast barely matters.toofast barely matters.
Quote from: JontyB;1314548
Quote from: toofast;1314541

The text below.

These images usually consist of a photo of a cat with a large caption characteristically set in a sans serif font such as Impact or Arial Black

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lolcat

Yea impact looks close enough.

Reply #319 Posted: September 27, 2010, 06:33:45 pm

Offline ChineseKiwi

• Addicted
  • ChineseKiwi has no influence.

Reply #320 Posted: September 27, 2010, 06:36:19 pm

Offline Menial

• Addicted
  • Menial is working their way up.Menial is working their way up.Menial is working their way up.
Impact was my go to font back in the wordart dayz son.

Reply #321 Posted: September 27, 2010, 06:39:59 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Ngati_Grim;1314505

That's because it IS the Lion version of DB's Tui.

Quote from: JontyB;1314530
Quote from: 12yr old calls work
child: "are you guys open for the holidays"

me: "yes, we are"

c: "what day can we come in"

m: "any day, we have plenty of free space and other bookings you can join with"

c: "oh. so when can we come in?"

m: "choose a day, and i'll let you know whats available for you"

c: "i just want to know when i can and can't come in. thats all"

m: "choose a day that you are available, and i can give you some times. we have a tonne of bookings over the holidays, if i knew when you wanted to play i'll be able to find something that suits for you"

c: "oh ok then" *hangs up*

can someone please teach kids a wee bit of logic and common sense, and a lot more about how to listen? kthxbai

I would have just said "between 3pm and 8pm".

Also, wtf meme font is impact?
Way too spaced for that by my eye. But I'm no font defender special.

MONEY ON ARIAL BLACK!?
MONEY ON IMPACT!?
MONEY ON ARIAL!?
MONEY ON VERDANA!?

I would have said Helvetica, but it doesn't come with windows.

Wide latin was my goto font in wordart hardcore computing class of 98, makes the mean headers
Arial black was used on the odd occasion if I needed sans-serif.

Also, for those of you who might care out there (Emrico)... I made a breakthrough discovery today to make my life a bazillion times easier.
It's called DD_roundies. And it sexes me up. ROUNDED BORDERS IN INTERNET EXPLORER 5.5 AND UP, OH YOU SO SEXY!

Reply #322 Posted: September 27, 2010, 06:50:36 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!

Reply #323 Posted: September 27, 2010, 09:22:16 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Speakman

her nipples need to be calibrated. its the best way to take advantage of the price you had to pay

i have a chart somewhere, cbf finding it.

but seriously, nom

Reply #324 Posted: September 27, 2010, 09:51:52 pm