Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Codex

Poi e has to be the worst song in the history of all man kind

Reply #3575 Posted: December 16, 2010, 12:22:50 pm

Offline Spigalau

• Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.
Quote from: Codex;1341585

No that would be 'Hotel California'

Reply #3576 Posted: December 16, 2010, 12:23:39 pm
49 20 63 61 6e 20 72 65 6d 65 6d 62 65 72 20 77 68 65 6e 20 74 68 65 20 61 69 72 20 77 61 73 20 63 6c 65 61 6e 20 61 6e 64 20 73 65 78 20 77 61 73 20 64 69 72 74 79 2e

Offline MattaH

• Just settled in
  • MattaH has no influence.
Quote from: Spigalau;1341586

No that would be 'Hotel California'

FUCKEN LIES!!!!!!!

Reply #3577 Posted: December 16, 2010, 12:32:58 pm

Offline Clin

• Addicted
  • Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!

Reply #3578 Posted: December 16, 2010, 12:47:33 pm

lol @ console hate

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Ordered 5 shirts from DesignByHumans.com

Fuck yeah.

Reply #3579 Posted: December 16, 2010, 12:50:46 pm

Offline Clin

• Addicted
  • Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!
DBH is win. I have Blackbirds Attackin' in the Dead 'o night.

Reply #3580 Posted: December 16, 2010, 12:52:33 pm

lol @ console hate

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.

Anything by 'Genesis', Celine Dion, or Taylor Swift quickly prove that statement false!

Reply #3581 Posted: December 16, 2010, 02:02:55 pm
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Offline Scunner

• Addicted
  • Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...
Quote from: Ngati_Grim;1341616

Anything by 'Genesis', Celine Dion, or Taylor Swift quickly prove that statement false!

Or even just this ...

[video]8JEyTA_x8oc[/video]

Reply #3582 Posted: December 16, 2010, 02:48:31 pm

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
or 'Crazy Frog'.

At least 'Poi E' has relevance:

The whole Poi-E concept was born in 1982 after linguist Ngoi Pewhairangi asked musician Maui Dalvanius Prime how he would teach the younger generation to be proud of being Maori and Kiwi. He told her he could do it by giving them their language and culture through the medium they were comfortable with.

http://folksong.org.nz/poi_e/index.html

But it passes over the head of so many who just listen to it and go "oh, it's just some Maori shit" without trying to find out the meaning of the lyrics.

Dalvanius Prime. A giant among men with a voice like golden syrup.

Poi E. I love it:

[video]DQLUygS0IAQ[/video]

Sorry Astro, I didn't mean 'Genesis'. Oh wait, yes I did! :P

Reply #3583 Posted: December 16, 2010, 02:54:17 pm

Codex

I don't ever try to find any meaning or relevance in the lyrics because the song its self makes me wants to blow my brains out with that tune and the horrible EXTREME keyboard solo

The fact that it's maori has no relevance in that regard

Reply #3584 Posted: December 16, 2010, 03:29:54 pm

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
Prefer Doof Doof do you?

Music Appreciation 101: take it.

You need to!

:P

Reply #3585 Posted: December 16, 2010, 04:04:48 pm

Offline doberman-08

• Devoted Member
  • doberman-08 has no influence.
Quote from: Ngati_Grim;1341633
or 'Crazy Frog'.

At least 'Poi E' has relevance:

The whole Poi-E concept was born in 1982 after linguist Ngoi Pewhairangi asked musician Maui Dalvanius Prime how he would teach the younger generation to be proud of being Maori and Kiwi. He told her he could do it by giving them their language and culture through the medium they were comfortable with.

http://folksong.org.nz/poi_e/index.html

But it passes over the head of so many who just listen to it and go "oh, it's just some Maori shit" without trying to find out the meaning of the lyrics.

Dalvanius Prime. A giant among men with a voice like golden syrup.

Poi E. I love it:

[video]DQLUygS0IAQ[/video]

Sorry Astro, I didn't mean 'Genesis'. Oh wait, yes I did! :P
:lol:

Reply #3586 Posted: December 16, 2010, 04:08:40 pm

When 900 Years Old You Reach Look This Good You Will Not

Offline camy205

• Addicted
  • camy205 barely matters.camy205 barely matters.
What's the point in blocking videos for certain countries? Sigh... Youtube is getting worse.

/butthurt

Reply #3587 Posted: December 16, 2010, 04:18:14 pm
Quote from: Craigorsarus;1484182
GetSome Thread - Generic Timeline:

- Actual Topic
 - Variation of Topic
 - Someone calls someone a retard
 - Fight
 - Actual Topic
 - Fight
 - Troll
 - Your Mum
 - You\'re*
 - TROLOLOLOLOLOLOL
 - What is this thread about?

Offline Clin

• Addicted
Quote from: camy205;1341654
What's the point in blocking videos for certain countries? Sigh... Youtube is getting worse.

/butthurt

http://www.hidemyass.com/

Reply #3588 Posted: December 16, 2010, 04:20:59 pm

lol @ console hate

Codex

lol doof doof no. Lately more ambient rock like billions & billions or back to deftones in between that.

I appreciate older music, it's just that one single that makes me want to blow my brain to pieces

Reply #3589 Posted: December 16, 2010, 05:06:48 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!

Reply #3591 Posted: December 16, 2010, 05:59:34 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Goldo

• Goldo has no influence.

Reply #3592 Posted: December 16, 2010, 06:53:18 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!

Reply #3593 Posted: December 16, 2010, 07:27:48 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
  • Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
"Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name - Part 2" thread is now post music thread.

I like it. I like it alot.

Reply #3594 Posted: December 16, 2010, 08:04:24 pm
Top Geary - 27th May 2016 at 12:10 AM
I've learnt to ignore when you say derogatory things to me

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
there's a music thread for that.

So how bout that pathetic attempt at rain right now huh?

Reply #3595 Posted: December 16, 2010, 08:16:34 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
  • Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: JontyB;1341715
there's a music thread for that.

So how bout that pathetic attempt at rain right now huh?

I know, thats why I said the first line lol

Anyways, was raining semi - hard at auckland today. But I spose this is the christchurch thread, and you don't care lol

Reply #3596 Posted: December 16, 2010, 08:20:01 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Exactly. ;)

I always thought you were from NP for some reason. *shrug*

Reply #3597 Posted: December 16, 2010, 09:02:49 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Clin

• Addicted
Wait, this is a Christchurch thread?

Screw you guys, I'm going home.

Reply #3598 Posted: December 16, 2010, 09:33:43 pm

lol @ console hate

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
Quote from: Daddy Clin;1341726
Wait, this is a Christchurch thread?

Screw you guys, I'm going home.

make an auckland thread and get it past 10 pages.

idc if your not from auckland, just do it :P

Reply #3599 Posted: December 16, 2010, 09:34:54 pm