Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
sporks mad cause noone ever lends him their lipstick

Reply #3650 Posted: December 18, 2010, 06:30:02 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.

Reply #3651 Posted: December 18, 2010, 06:49:19 pm

Offline swindle

• swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!

Reply #3652 Posted: December 18, 2010, 06:53:33 pm
If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!

Reply #3653 Posted: December 18, 2010, 07:47:16 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Menial

• Addicted
  • Menial is working their way up.Menial is working their way up.Menial is working their way up.
Quote from: Spork;1342160
If you download music from itunes is it just mp3 or what ever? Or is there higher quality versions as well?

It's aac.

Reply #3654 Posted: December 18, 2010, 08:51:47 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Spork;1342181
Quote from: JontyB;1342178
eww itunes

Yea, I decided against the idea, simply because i would then have to use itunes.

Is there a decent site which has heaps of music commonly available to legally buy/ download?

http://www.jamendo.com

Reply #3655 Posted: December 19, 2010, 03:17:38 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Going to Fry's today.

Giant electronic store.

WOOOOOOOO.

Reply #3656 Posted: December 19, 2010, 06:22:44 am

Offline Spigalau

• Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.

Reply #3657 Posted: December 19, 2010, 09:03:05 am
49 20 63 61 6e 20 72 65 6d 65 6d 62 65 72 20 77 68 65 6e 20 74 68 65 20 61 69 72 20 77 61 73 20 63 6c 65 61 6e 20 61 6e 64 20 73 65 78 20 77 61 73 20 64 69 72 74 79 2e

Offline swindle

• swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!
Quote from: RetardoBot;1342335
Going to Fry's today.

Giant electronic store.

WOOOOOOOO.

Pick us up an SSD while you're there please dude.

Reply #3658 Posted: December 19, 2010, 09:08:56 am
If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.

Reply #3659 Posted: December 19, 2010, 09:54:58 am
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: swindle;1342347
Going to Fry's today.

Giant electronic store.

WOOOOOOOO.

I almost bought a 500GB SSD Hybrid drive for $99.

Ate tacos out of a truck parked in a Home Depot carpark today, was fuckin' amazing. Mexicans all standing around hoping someone wants to take them home and have them build a deck.

Reply #3660 Posted: December 19, 2010, 10:53:11 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Reply #3661 Posted: December 19, 2010, 11:13:07 am

Offline Clin

• Addicted
  • Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!
Must admit I've always wanted to visit. Does it "feel" like the USA? I always imagined it would "feel" a certain way.

I'll paypal you twenty bucks to bring me some cheetos :winkiss

Reply #3662 Posted: December 19, 2010, 11:15:03 am

lol @ console hate

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

I'm in the wrong part of the country for it to feel like the USA. Although things are still 'big'.

Big pizzas, big trucks, big shopping malls. In comparison, NZ feels like a dirty festering hole of vomit compared to Seattle. Seattle is this beautiful green clean city that actually takes pride and care in its surroundings and constantly implements new environmental procedures in order to continue it's efforts. People actually stop and talk to one another even if they have never met before. You can make a best friend in the isle of a Nordstroms or Macy's.

Unfortunately NZ's clean image is all due to marketing and no real substance.

It's fun having to repeat myself 2-3 times because people can't understand my accent. Cool Ranch Doritos taste amazing.

Peppermint Mochas from Starbucks make my dick hard.

Reply #3663 Posted: December 19, 2010, 11:20:35 am

Offline swindle

Quote from: RetardoBot;1342388
Going to Fry's today.

Giant electronic store.

WOOOOOOOO.

Ate tacos out of a truck parked in a Home Depot carpark today, was fuckin' amazing. Mexicans all standing around hoping someone wants to take them home and have them build a deck.

Wait, what? Almost?

There should be no almost in that situation.

Reply #3664 Posted: December 19, 2010, 11:42:00 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Quote from: swindle;1342408
Quote from: RetardoBot;1342388
Going to Fry's today.

Giant electronic store.

WOOOOOOOO.

Wait, what? Almost?

There should be no almost in that situation.

It was a 2.5" model and I don't have my new laptop yet. XoticPC are a bunch of muppets who (by the sounds of it) couldn't tie their own shoelaces.

Reply #3665 Posted: December 19, 2010, 11:50:22 am

Offline swindle

But but but

I have a new laptop. Perhaps we can come to some agragement where by reacharounds are free for life?

Reply #3666 Posted: December 19, 2010, 11:53:24 am

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Seattle is the only city in the states that I've ever really wanted to go and visit.
Glad to hear I'm not mistaken in this random desire.

PS.
$99 NZD or USD?

Reply #3667 Posted: December 19, 2010, 01:06:00 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline DeeUnit

• Devoted Member
  • DeeUnit has no influence.
Quote from: RetardoBot;1342403
I'm in the wrong part of the country for it to feel like the USA. Although things are still 'big'.

Big pizzas, big trucks, big shopping malls. In comparison, NZ feels like a dirty festering hole of vomit compared to Seattle. Seattle is this beautiful green clean city that actually takes pride and care in its surroundings and constantly implements new environmental procedures in order to continue it's efforts. People actually stop and talk to one another even if they have never met before. You can make a best friend in the isle of a Nordstroms or Macy's.

Unfortunately NZ's clean image is all due to marketing and no real substance.

It's fun having to repeat myself 2-3 times because people can't understand my accent. Cool Ranch Doritos taste amazing.

Peppermint Mochas from Starbucks make my dick hard.

Man it sounds like you are having one hell of a time, don't forget to take pics of this shit!

Reply #3668 Posted: December 19, 2010, 01:07:09 pm
I got 99 problems but bein\' a bitch ain\'t one.

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

I've got a few pics. Waiting for my damn laptop to arrive as I don't want to clog the Mrs. laptop up with images. I'll post some up when it arrives.

Went into some back alley pet shops (Mrs. likes those) creepy as shit. Had some random black homeless guy run up to me and beg for money, no idea what he was saying.

I'm on a quest to try as much American confectionery as possible. Americans LOVE peanuts and chocolate, every second bar at the supermarket either has peanuts or peanut butter in it.

Going to watch Tron at a jumbo IMAX later on.

Oh, and the entire road system is built on giving way to pedestrians and cyclists, it's amazing. You can cross a street at any time and cars have to give way to you (except for main roads). I had ice cream at 3 in the morning a few nights ago, everything is open around the clock.

Crispy bacon is pretty horrible; It dissolves in your mouth, has 9% meat (rest is rind) and snaps like a superwine biscuit. Went to breakfast at a local restaurant and was told there is no such thing as what NZ's call bacon here, it's not until you get to Canada where it's actually called Canadian bacon do you get the proper stuff; the Mrs. says it's too much like ham for it to be popular here.

Variety in everything blows me away. There are a hundred different brands, colours, shapes and sizes in anything you want to buy and in one place.

Reply #3669 Posted: December 19, 2010, 01:30:51 pm

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
Sounds like consumer heaven!

Awesome that there is such choice and yet there are still Homeless.
It's an odd juxtaposition that has me baffled.

Quote from: RetardoBot;1342429
Variety in everything blows me away. There are a hundred different brands, colours, shapes and sizes in anything you want to buy and in one place.

Blind them with choice and you can rig elections as nobody cares.

;)

Reply #3670 Posted: December 19, 2010, 02:14:24 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Much better than ramming just one choice down peoples throats.

Reply #3671 Posted: December 19, 2010, 02:15:36 pm

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
Who said anything about just one choice?

I wonder where the majority of those 'goods' of such Aladdin's Cave choice were manufactured?

How many people voted in the last election,compared to how many people shopped? There is a deficit of about 100 million who didn't vote and 1 in 4 people from the United States now don't trust the Government and the Orwellian Media Control has them neutered to such a point that they pay lip service to the Constitution yet act powerless to change. Two parties to represent over 200 Million people, variations on a theme. Give them choice when shopping but limit their choice when voting.

Now, don't get me (entirely) wrong. There are many places in the U.S.A. that I would love to go (Seattle Waterfront being one...the coffee there is so far removed from the Starbucks pap and is exceptional, by all accounts) and many U.S. people I have met who are most excellent. Yet the culture of consumption disturbs me and I can see the seeds of the Huxleyan nightmare have been well-planted and are starting to be reaped.

Reply #3672 Posted: December 19, 2010, 02:43:12 pm

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
  • kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...
Quote from: Ngati_Grim;1342444
Starbucks pap

+1

Don't be to hard on him. Its difficult not to be overwhelmed by the assault on the senses that america offers, especially when your right in amongst it all.

Reply #3673 Posted: December 19, 2010, 02:50:01 pm

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
Oh no, full credit to him for the "When in Rome" and assimilation is the best way to understand/appreciate a culture. I just have visions of this supersized Rii waddling through the airport gates!

Reply #3674 Posted: December 19, 2010, 02:51:40 pm