Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Offline Catalyst

• Addicted
  • Catalyst barely matters.Catalyst barely matters.
Quote from: Daddy Clin;1347159
HDD PLUGGED INTO BACK OF CPU

wut

gutted man, that sucks

Reply #4175 Posted: January 07, 2011, 12:11:15 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
feels great to have a new machine, fresh install etc

loving firefox 4

Reply #4176 Posted: January 07, 2011, 12:21:11 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
FF4 is a POS.
Dunno what happened, but their standards certainly changed. Suddenly things don't quite render like they used to... (ie. should).
And it eats memory like a bitch, Tab candy is buggy as hell.
Maybe it's been updated since I installed it. But I'd expect the beta to self update like the normal FF does...

Oh I dunno.

Reply #4177 Posted: January 07, 2011, 12:28:46 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
its up to beta 8, isn't nomming up too much mem yet

Reply #4178 Posted: January 07, 2011, 12:39:47 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
What annoys me most I think is that while you can have it installed along side 3, you can't run both at the same time.

Reply #4179 Posted: January 07, 2011, 12:48:24 pm

Offline Catalyst

• Addicted
  • Catalyst barely matters.Catalyst barely matters.
i changed to chrome a while back, soooooooo much faster

Reply #4180 Posted: January 07, 2011, 12:57:48 pm

Offline Speakman

not really a fan of chrome, but i may give it a shot

main reason i went straight to firefox was so i could import my bookmarks and passwords straight off the bat

just had to spend more money :/ gfx card fan died last night (died as in the fan fell off its motor o.O), so got a cooler on the way

fuckin magnets, how do they work

Reply #4181 Posted: January 07, 2011, 03:00:41 pm

Offline Goldo

• Goldo has no influence.

Reply #4183 Posted: January 07, 2011, 03:52:08 pm

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!

Reply #4184 Posted: January 07, 2011, 03:56:53 pm

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
  • kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...

Reply #4185 Posted: January 07, 2011, 04:02:39 pm

Offline Speakman

Reply #4186 Posted: January 07, 2011, 04:07:56 pm

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
  • kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...

Reply #4187 Posted: January 07, 2011, 04:10:27 pm

Offline Pyromanik

Quote from: Catalyst;1347212

I dig the speed with which it opens.
I don't particularly like many other aspects of it though. No real reason, other than some super geeky paranoid shit.
As for speed in rendering, if you're worried about a few hundreths of a second, you need a new hobby.

Reply #4188 Posted: January 07, 2011, 07:49:10 pm

Offline Clin

• Addicted
  • Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!
Oh, last week I stopped and thought about it, and hid HDD with photos.

Now I have wifes admiration and a blank cheque to spend on new computer :devil2:

Quote from: Pyromanik;1347409

I don't particularly like many other aspects of it though. No real reason, other than some super geeky paranoid shit.
As for speed in rendering, if you're worried about a few hundreths of a second, you need a new hobby.

Synchronizing Chrome makes it worth it.

Speed dial on new tab. No bookmark bar. Minimalism at its best. I'm a huge proponent of everything Google. Fuck it, they can have my search history and Vital Statistics. They make my life better.

Reply #4189 Posted: January 07, 2011, 07:54:04 pm

lol @ console hate

Offline Pyromanik

Quote from: Daddy Clin;1347412
Oh, last week I stopped and thought about it, and hid HDD with photos.
NICE SAVE!

Now I have wifes admiration and a blank cheque to spend on new computer :devil2:

Quote from: Pyromanik;1347409

Synchronizing Chrome makes it worth it.

Speed dial on new tab. No bookmark bar. Minimalism at its best. I'm a huge proponent of everything Google. Fuck it, they can have my search history and Vital Statistics. They make my life better.

right click firefox toolbar -> customise.
Turn off bookmark bar, shift all nav elements onto the 'menus' bar, turn off navigation bar.

With me, it's not so much about search stats and shit like that, they get them anyway I'm sure as I always search with google... it's more the execution pipeline and stuff.
I don't want to download all the ad related shit on a page and THEN have them prevented from displaying.
I'd rather just not download them at all, saves bandwidth.

etc.

Reply #4190 Posted: January 07, 2011, 08:02:57 pm

Offline Clin

• Addicted
  • Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!

Reply #4191 Posted: January 07, 2011, 08:12:48 pm

lol @ console hate

Offline Pyromanik

Not slow while using.
Just takes a while to load (after running the exe). Is my one and only gripe with FF.

See whatnow?

Reply #4192 Posted: January 07, 2011, 08:56:06 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Umm.

I no longer have a job.

Apparently management are not happy with my performance.. And some word starting with e, can't really think too well at the moment.

This is after they recently made me manager, gave me a pay rise and continuous compliments about how i handle my work load better than everyone else. This is after I was told just last week or the week before that the reason why I am being given more responsibility is because the other store manager is not performing well enough and they believe that I am far better suited to the head management position....

You know what? FUCK YOU MSY TECHNOLOGY, all your customers fucking hate you because not one of your employees bar me and one other person can understand ENGLISH, if you understood that I was actually working my absolute fucking ass off to get everything done as quick as I possibly can, and still being told to work faster then perhaps this would be different.

The thing is, the state manager told me to stop wasting time testing PCs after I build and fix them, and just build more PCs, she told me to forget about all of the (approximately 10 at a time) repair jobs, and concentrate more on the new builds.

THEN she fucking told me that it is my fault that a computer is continuously being brought back (over about six months) and the customer is suing the company because of some reason or another to do with bad customer service.. BUT THAT CUSTOMER TOLD ME TO MY FACE THAT I WAS THE ABSOLUTE BEST RETAIL PERSON THEY HAVE EVER DEALT WITH, and he was not the only one.

My brother suggested that perhaps the other store manager went behind my back and told lies about me because they felt threatened by me. However I do not like using excuses, everything is your own fault.

Reply #4193 Posted: January 07, 2011, 10:10:40 pm

Offline vedds

• Devoted Member
  • vedds has no influence.
Hmmm sounds you're being railroaded dude.

Having said that I think you're just better to move on as at th end of the day it's their loss, and you will find an employer that values your skills.

I have seen several companies with systemic problems scapegoat the good people because the people in management positions felt threatened because of their own mistakes.

Typically these companies fold or struggle along until the underperforming management are removed.

Reply #4194 Posted: January 07, 2011, 11:11:01 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.
well fuck me, been on a good bender today, started with drinking in the morning and then mushroom caps, which was intensely amusing. Now pillzin up something wicked, rawr not bad for a friday.

Reply #4195 Posted: January 07, 2011, 11:39:43 pm

Offline Pyromanik

Quote from: Spork;1347457
Umm.

I no longer have a job.

Apparently management are not happy with my performance.. And some word starting with e, can't really think too well at the moment.

This is after they recently made me manager, gave me a pay rise and continuous compliments about how i handle my work load better than everyone else. This is after I was told just last week or the week before that the reason why I am being given more responsibility is because the other store manager is not performing well enough and they believe that I am far better suited to the head management position....

You know what? FUCK YOU MSY TECHNOLOGY, all your customers fucking hate you because not one of your employees bar me and one other person can understand ENGLISH, if you understood that I was actually working my absolute fucking ass off to get everything done as quick as I possibly can, and still being told to work faster then perhaps this would be different.

The thing is, the state manager told me to stop wasting time testing PCs after I build and fix them, and just build more PCs, she told me to forget about all of the (approximately 10 at a time) repair jobs, and concentrate more on the new builds.

THEN she fucking told me that it is my fault that a computer is continuously being brought back (over about six months) and the customer is suing the company because of some reason or another to do with bad customer service.. BUT THAT CUSTOMER TOLD ME TO MY FACE THAT I WAS THE ABSOLUTE BEST RETAIL PERSON THEY HAVE EVER DEALT WITH, and he was not the only one.

My brother suggested that perhaps the other store manager went behind my back and told lies about me because they felt threatened by me. However I do not like using excuses, everything is your own fault.

tl;dr.
Gutted 4u, but you probably shouldn't go slandering on the internet until it's all dusted out.
Also, you could probably fight it if you wanted. Start by asking on what grounds, with evidence to back it up.
Finish with the contract that isn't really a contract.

Either way, I'd at least ask the first question. If it is something about you (unlikely), you can work to bridge the issue (if not for this job, then the next).

Anyway, as already pointed out, you're probably better off in the long run. See if you can get some sort of reference out of them before you leave. Take it straight to the opposition and ask for a job ;)

Reply #4196 Posted: January 08, 2011, 01:09:10 am

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Yea, my main aim is a reference, and they owe me money, so that shouldn't be hard to get.

Reply #4197 Posted: January 08, 2011, 04:22:03 am

Offline Goldo

• Goldo has no influence.

Reply #4198 Posted: January 08, 2011, 05:28:01 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
They probably fired you because one of their cousins just came in on the latest boat from China and needs a job.

Reply #4199 Posted: January 08, 2011, 06:50:08 am