Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Quote from: RetardoBot;1347530
They probably fired you because one of their cousins just came in on the latest boat from China and needs a job.

More than likely.
Don't take it personally dude (being fired) it sounds like they are mega fail to the point of rediculous.
We've all been there at some point.

Arseholes.

Reply #4200 Posted: January 08, 2011, 08:43:30 am

Offline winter

• Addicted
  • winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!
Hah, working today and a good workmate/outside of work, mate - called me up on my mobile and wished me a good day, even though I'm working today

he was like "mate, even though you're working mate, I want you to have a good day"

Pretty sure he was drunk from last night.

Made my morning.

Reply #4201 Posted: January 08, 2011, 08:46:03 am

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!

Reply #4202 Posted: January 08, 2011, 09:45:33 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline winter

• Addicted
  • winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!
Quote from: Pyromanik;1347564
Awesome winter.

It's not often people call just to talk and be nice in this day and age, it's always confirming this or that, or wanting/needing something.

Reply #4203 Posted: January 08, 2011, 09:48:17 am

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
It's true. Proabably why I yell "Fuck off!" whenever the phone rings.

Reply #4204 Posted: January 08, 2011, 09:52:31 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline winter

• Addicted
Quote from: Pyromanik;1347570

Most likely.. that or "oh and wtf do you want?"

Reply #4205 Posted: January 08, 2011, 09:55:31 am

Offline bitchimom

• Just settled in
  • bitchimom has no influence.

lol, u have that reaction too? :lipsrsealed:

Reply #4206 Posted: January 08, 2011, 10:00:40 am
bitchimom: dirrrrrty girl racer

earthquake refugee since aaaages ago
http://www.rebuildshakeytown.blogspot.com

Obble

I like big butts and I can not lie
You other brothers can't deny
That when a girl walks in with an itty bitty waist
And a round thing in your face
You get sprung, wanna pull out your tough
'Cause you notice that butt was stuffed
Deep in the jeans she's wearing
I'm hooked and I can't stop staring
Oh baby, I wanna get with you
And take your picture
My homeboys tried to warn me
But that butt you got makes me so horny
Ooh, Rump-o'-smooth-skin
You say you wanna get in my Benz?
Well, use me, use me
'Cause you ain't that average groupie
I've seen them dancin'
To hell with romancin'
She's sweat, wet,
Got it goin' like a turbo 'Vette
I'm tired of magazines
Sayin' flat butts are the thing
Take the average black man and ask him that
She gotta pack much back
So, fellas! (Yeah!) Fellas! (Yeah!)
Has your girlfriend got the butt? (Hell yeah!)
Tell 'em to shake it! (Shake it!) Shake it! (Shake it!)
Shake that healthy butt!
Baby got back!

Reply #4207 Posted: January 08, 2011, 10:44:00 am

Offline Clin

• Addicted
  • Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: bitchimom;1347576

lol, u have that reaction too? :lipsrsealed:

Oh yes. As a matter of fact I sent less than 150 texts last year. Hate the phone.

Spork, if you want to keep your job you probably can, assuming Aus employment law is anything like NZ employment law? It's nearly impossible to simply "fire" someone, but keep the details and emotional responses to yourself until your lawyer gives you permission to rage.

Winter, all I see when I look at you posts is Insanity Wolf. I giggle.

Reply #4208 Posted: January 08, 2011, 11:11:00 am

lol @ console hate

Obble

I send less than 100 texts per year, they are all to mum.

Reply #4209 Posted: January 08, 2011, 11:44:12 am

Offline Reaper_Joe

• Devoted Member
  • Reaper_Joe has no influence.

Reply #4210 Posted: January 08, 2011, 12:01:19 pm

Codex

bl spork :/ it happens though. I'd do what pyro suggested

Reply #4211 Posted: January 08, 2011, 12:27:08 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.
There's a show called 'The Trip' with Rob Brydon and Steve Coogan. IT IS FANTASTIC.

[video]HFIQIpC5_wY[/video]

Reply #4212 Posted: January 08, 2011, 01:36:10 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
@all.

Yea, I'm going to go in on Monday and find out if there is anything more to it, I do not want the job back, I mean if they fired me then either they really dont want me there, or they are all pricks anyway, and to be honest the whole business has been pretty bad for a long time, way before I started there, they have always treated their staff badly.

Reply #4213 Posted: January 08, 2011, 02:00:53 pm

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
  • kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...
Don't know about employment law over your way, but where I'm from you have to have done some serious shit for instant dismissal. Had any warnings? Time for employment disputes tribunal ( or equivalent ) .

Reply #4214 Posted: January 08, 2011, 02:15:31 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
They demoted me from being manager on Monday out of the blue... Said while I was brilliant at my work as an individual, I was not good enough at managing the other staff, which to me is pretty crap, as for one, I did manage them, but they don't tend to listen to anyone who doesn't speak Chinese.

Reply #4215 Posted: January 08, 2011, 02:18:27 pm

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
  • kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...
Even though you don't want to work there anymore It still stinks to get the flick.I have only been fired once and although I didn't deserve it, it still didn't feel good.
Chin up bro and assess the situation once your anger dies down. If your employer is clearly in the wrong ,sue the fucks for loss of income and emotional distress. Sounds like a bit of a mission but if you look into the process a little and get the ball rolling they may stump up some cash to make you go away.
GLWL

Edit- When you go back into see them next week take somebody along for support/representation. This is essential so you don't get bullied and blown off when you try to put your side of the situation to them.May also help later in the process to have a witness of the general attitude of your former employer.

Reply #4216 Posted: January 08, 2011, 02:26:52 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin

Reply #4217 Posted: January 08, 2011, 02:28:18 pm

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
I once scored a crappy job at an upmarket real estate (all that was around) doing design and marketing for them. I was there for a week or two being 'trained' by the previous person who was leaving. She was so bad at her job (working in photoshop, she'd use no shortcuts of any kind and take many times longer to do basic things) that I instantly showed her up with her lack of knowledge and dire speed of work. I didn't deliberately undermine her but I was keen to do a good job.
One Monday I drove to work in the pissing rain only to be told that I was fired (still in trial period) and to get my things and go home. They said that the previous woman said I wasn't right for the job and that I spent all of my time 'messing around on the computer' and wouldn't fit in there.

I got a call from the agency that got me the work and I told them what had happened and they didn't really believe me (much to my rage).

Next thing, I scored an epic job and coulnd't have cared less.

So yeah, don't worry. People will be petty self serving fools and there's nothing you can do about it. You'll end up in a better place for it dude.

Reply #4218 Posted: January 08, 2011, 03:00:30 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Yea, one thing is that no matter how much I was doing, they would always expect more, which I know everyone says about their boss, but for example yesterday morning I had;

Two PCs which I ahd finished building - installing windows on them,
I was building another PC
I was fixing up another
I had memtest running on two PCs
I was answering more phone calls than anyone else
And I dealt with at least ten warranty claims.

Then the store manager came over, asked me how many new system builds there were, I said there was 6 (that was how many were in my tech area) then he said, well there is actually 13, I said that it isn't my fault that the other staff aren't picking the parts off the shelf and putting them in my area (which they are meant to do), otherwise I would have realised that perhaps I am getting behind it all a bit, and asked another staff member to build a couple of systems.

Then they said to me, well we require you to build more at the same time, I jokingly said 'so, you want me to build all 13 systems at once?' he said yes... also in a joking tone, but I know they meant that they wanted me to do more work even though there was actually no tech bench space left to build.

Reply #4219 Posted: January 08, 2011, 03:10:28 pm

Offline winter

• Addicted
Quote from: Spork;1347685
Yea, one thing is that no matter how much I was doing, they would always expect more, which I know everyone says about their boss, but for example yesterday morning I had;

Two PCs which I ahd finished building - installing windows on them,
I was building another PC
I was fixing up another
I had memtest running on two PCs
I was answering more phone calls than anyone else
And I dealt with at least ten warranty claims.

Then the store manager came over, asked me how many new system builds there were, I said there was 6 (that was how many were in my tech area) then he said, well there is actually 13, I said that it isn't my fault that the other staff aren't picking the parts off the shelf and putting them in my area (which they are meant to do), otherwise I would have realised that perhaps I am getting behind it all a bit, and asked another staff member to build a couple of systems.

Then they said to me, well we require you to build more at the same time, I jokingly said 'so, you want me to build all 13 systems at once?' he said yes... also in a joking tone, but I know they meant that they wanted me to do more work even though there was actually no tech bench space left to build.

That made me angry with your work/staff just by reading it.

Reply #4220 Posted: January 08, 2011, 04:19:57 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
It wasn't just that one time.

The store manager said to me that he knows that I am doing lots of work, but the state manager who spends all their time watching our store on camera (serious) doesn't see me running around the store and it doesnt LOOK like I am doing enough work, and I have to make myself look like I am doing more work.

Reply #4221 Posted: January 08, 2011, 04:21:45 pm

Offline winter

• Addicted
Quote from: Spork;1347700
It wasn't just that one time.

The store manager said to me that he knows that I am doing lots of work, but the state manager who spends all their time watching our store on camera (serious) doesn't see me running around the store and it doesnt LOOK like I am doing enough work, and I have to make myself look like I am doing more work.

Find 'state managers' car
cut brakes
? ? ?
profit

Seriously though, all 'state managers' are fucking useless twats, all they do is delegate all the work to someone else, who gets someone else to delegate it to someone else, who gets all the staff to do it.. all the while - when the staff do well - State manager gets bonus, state manager gets recognition.

you know what 'state manager' - fuck you.

Reply #4222 Posted: January 08, 2011, 04:32:17 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Yep.

This is the same state manager who said that I had to pay $700 when I made a sales mistake (entered 7.01 into eftpos machine instead of 701.00) when there are absolutely no security measures to make sure these sort of mistakes do not happen, then they kept on hounding me while I told everyone to go and stick their $700 up their arse, and then when the customer came back into the store beinh very honest and a very nice person, I told the state manager to use the $700 and put it toward updating the system.

Reply #4223 Posted: January 08, 2011, 04:39:01 pm

Offline winter

• Addicted
Quote from: Spork;1347708
Yep.

This is the same state manager who said that I had to pay $700 when I made a sales mistake (entered 7.01 into eftpos machine instead of 701.00) when there are absolutely no security measures to make sure these sort of mistakes do not happen, then they kept on hounding me while I told everyone to go and stick their $700 up their arse, and then when the customer came back into the store beinh very honest and a very nice person, I told the state manager to use the $700 and put it toward updating the system.

Oh god, I feel for ya man, I really do - sounds like a bunch of wankers.

Reply #4224 Posted: January 08, 2011, 04:42:35 pm