Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Offline Clin

• Addicted
  • Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!

Reply #4650 Posted: January 18, 2011, 02:20:24 am

lol @ console hate

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/9827/vbbeer0635226.jpg
Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

It scares all ages.

Reply #4651 Posted: January 18, 2011, 02:24:23 am

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
Used to be more spammers.

Now only Spork and Pyro left, so post volume is down.

Reply #4652 Posted: January 18, 2011, 06:30:32 am

Offline Spigalau

• Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.
Quote from: vedds;1351313
Is it just me or are the forums not as active since the change?

Number of posts has been declining for several months now.

Reply #4653 Posted: January 18, 2011, 08:01:21 am
49 20 63 61 6e 20 72 65 6d 65 6d 62 65 72 20 77 68 65 6e 20 74 68 65 20 61 69 72 20 77 61 73 20 63 6c 65 61 6e 20 61 6e 64 20 73 65 78 20 77 61 73 20 64 69 72 74 79 2e

Offline zolteg

• Devoted Member
  • zolteg has no influence.
http://deaddrops.com/db/index.php?page=view&id=155

First one in NZ, in Chch.....

‘Dead Drops’ is an anonymous, offline, peer to peer file-sharing network in public space. USB flash drives are embedded into walls, buildings and curbs accessable to anybody in public space. Everyone is invited to drop or find files on a dead drop. Plug your laptop to a wall, house or pole to share your favorite files and data. Each dead drop is installed empty except a readme.txt file explaining the project. ‘Dead Drops’ is open to participation.'

Reply #4654 Posted: January 18, 2011, 08:23:19 am

Obble

Quote from: Zarkov;1351332
Used to be more spammers.

Now only Spork and Pyro left, so post volume is down.

Everyone else grew up.

I take credit for cutting down Rex's spam, by getting him to play wow, you all owe me one.
Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 09:20:26 am by Obble

Reply #4655 Posted: January 18, 2011, 09:10:49 am

Offline DeeUnit

• Devoted Member
  • DeeUnit has no influence.

Reply #4656 Posted: January 18, 2011, 10:25:49 am
I got 99 problems but bein\' a bitch ain\'t one.

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
I do post a lot less.

EDIT: I used to have a post per day of like 30.

Reply #4657 Posted: January 18, 2011, 12:18:39 pm

Obble

FUCK YEH, found this in the bear thread, go that bobziolla guy.
http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/3593/1234665841205.jpg
Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Reply #4658 Posted: January 18, 2011, 01:00:26 pm

Offline 420fairy

• Mother Of Dragons

• 420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!
In under two years I am again facing redundancy with the same employer

FUCK

I have to fill out a feedback form to fight for my role. Out of 18 of us, only 6 will get to keep out jobs.

I cant fucking believe I busted my ass for the past 6 months working towards a promotion when all along these cunt motherfuckers knew that this was going to happen. they just wanted to wait till after the xmas holidays before announcing it  

the feedback form is a joke its a mere formality, we know theyve already decided whos going to keep their jobs.

so so stressed right now, wasnt expecting this at all

:( :( :(

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

Reply #4659 Posted: January 18, 2011, 01:45:28 pm

Offline Spigalau

• Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.
^ writing above post from work may not be a good idea

Reply #4660 Posted: January 18, 2011, 02:00:49 pm
49 20 63 61 6e 20 72 65 6d 65 6d 62 65 72 20 77 68 65 6e 20 74 68 65 20 61 69 72 20 77 61 73 20 63 6c 65 61 6e 20 61 6e 64 20 73 65 78 20 77 61 73 20 64 69 72 74 79 2e

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: th3fairy;1351436
the feedback form is a joke its a mere formality, we know theyve already decided whos going to keep their jobs.

As someone who has just gone through the exact same thing, you have my sincere condolences. And unfortunately, the above is 100% true. Everything they do now is just for show. They have already decided who is staying and who is going. I knew I was being dropped and didn't bother fighting for my employment (which is exactly what they wanted) except I fought for my position to stay open for the shear fact that my department needed and still needs the position. The feedback fell on deaf ears though.

I did the same thing. Worked my ass off, interviewed for a permanent position, got it and then 9 months later they drop me along with a swag of other people.

In my situation they gave me 0 support (despite saying I would get contacted from several different departments). For some reason I was never apart of the union despite 3 fucking attempts at joining (every time they failed in enrolling me due to blatant incompetence.) I Had to fight for every word of help. Most of it given from colleagues and friends when it should of come from the work place itself.

Right now I am signed up with 3 different recruitment agencies and have a daily routine of checking every single job site.

Fist bump. <3

Reply #4661 Posted: January 18, 2011, 02:19:03 pm

Offline 420fairy

• Mother Of Dragons

• 420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Spigalau;1351441
^ writing above post from work may not be a good idea

Dont worry everything said in my post was said in our group meeting, also IT support my thoughts as I work for them part time.  

Quote from: RetardoBot;1351449
As someone who has just gone through the exact same thing, you have my sincere condolences. And unfortunately, the above is 100% true. Everything they do now is just for show. They have already decided who is staying and who is going. I knew I was being dropped and didn't bother fighting for my employment (which is exactly what they wanted) except I fought for my position to stay open for the shear fact that my department needed and still needs the position. The feedback fell on deaf ears though.

I did the same thing. Worked my ass off, interviewed for a permanent position, got it and then 9 months later they drop me along with a swag of other people.

In my situation they gave me 0 support (despite saying I would get contacted from several different departments). For some reason I was never apart of the union despite 3 $#@!ing attempts at joining (every time they failed in enrolling me due to blatant incompetence.) I Had to fight for every word of help. Most of it given from colleagues and friends when it should of come from the work place itself.

Right now I am signed up with 3 different recruitment agencies and have a daily routine of checking every single job site.

Fist bump. <3

Well im typing out this crap feedback shit about my role and what exactly it is i do.  my original job description when first hired was 3 lines long, now as i type it out its getting to 3 pages.  I pretty much assist across the whole company and am the only one to do so.  while it may sound like a positive thing im assuming the reason for cutbacks is to keep the cost down and someone like me would be requesting pay increases etc so they may choose to keep someone who does basic work but is cheap.

i hate uncertainty aye

Reply #4662 Posted: January 18, 2011, 03:21:50 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: th3fairy;1351466
i hate uncertainty aye

It sounds shit, but that's exactly what they want you to to feel, because in the end they will be expecting you to just want an answer whether it's the answer you are hoping for.

Reply #4663 Posted: January 18, 2011, 03:36:16 pm

Offline bitchimom

• Just settled in
  • bitchimom has no influence.
that sucks Fairy... not good news at all babe!

Reply #4664 Posted: January 18, 2011, 04:50:56 pm
bitchimom: dirrrrrty girl racer

earthquake refugee since aaaages ago
http://www.rebuildshakeytown.blogspot.com

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Sucks hard fairy.
But keeping the negative 'youre fucked' theme going in here, the fact that you're good at your job most definitly means you're going to go. Someone a little higher up who's a snobby bitch and feels entitled to her role will be shitting their pants because you're better than them, and they'll axe you to keep their job.

Bucking that negative trend;
Chin up soldier. You never know what the future holds. That's a good thing IMO.

Reply #4665 Posted: January 18, 2011, 06:09:44 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline DeeUnit

• Devoted Member
  • DeeUnit has no influence.
Can I turn this stupid fucking swear filter off?

Reply #4666 Posted: January 18, 2011, 06:16:43 pm
I got 99 problems but bein\' a bitch ain\'t one.

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!

Reply #4667 Posted: January 18, 2011, 06:26:26 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Yes, in your profile (yellow button, top of page)

Reply #4668 Posted: January 18, 2011, 06:26:28 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
sORRY tYPO, YES YOU CAN TURN OFF THE FUCKING CUNTY SWEAR FUCKING FILTER FUCK FACE

Reply #4669 Posted: January 18, 2011, 06:27:34 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Growler

Reply #4670 Posted: January 18, 2011, 06:28:06 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Pyromanik

Fuck it's great how FUCKING RANDOM  THE caps filter IS

Reply #4671 Posted: January 18, 2011, 06:28:18 pm

Offline Growler

Yep, It's ABOOT as reliable as telling a HOOKER TO STAY AWAY from the RIVER!

Reply #4672 Posted: January 18, 2011, 06:29:53 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.

Reply #4673 Posted: January 18, 2011, 06:51:59 pm
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Offline toofast

• Addicted
  • toofast barely matters.toofast barely matters.
Quote from: Pyromanik;1351528
Sucks hard fairy.
But keeping the negative 'youre fucked' theme going in here, the fact that you're good at your job most definitly means you're going to go. Someone a little higher up who's a snobby bitch and feels entitled to her role will be shitting their pants because you're better than them, and they'll axe you to keep their job.

It generally sucks when you are better at the job, then the people higher up from you. Rather than take advantage of the fact you are good at the job, and can make them look good as well, they instead feel threatened, and do what ever they can to keep you down.

But good luck with the fight for your job, fairy.

Reply #4674 Posted: January 18, 2011, 06:59:27 pm