Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
There is a seriously sexy 2000 BMW 520 on TM for $8k, 83k, new belts, AA apprasial, full leather.... DO WANT!

Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 03:08:50 pm by Growler

Reply #5275 Posted: February 08, 2011, 03:06:11 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
^Nice....
Yeah, the VW is a bit more thirsty than the eunos, but it's more reliable, much better to drive and safer all round.
Hopefully, it will be a pleasant and reliable workhorse to and from the Church.

Reply #5276 Posted: February 08, 2011, 03:37:53 pm
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
I have a soft spot for VW Mr Grim. The R32 is mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Not many cars make me turn my head, this is one of the few.

Reply #5277 Posted: February 08, 2011, 04:42:39 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
  • kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...
Golf is the king of all hatches.
Nice work choosing the VR6 Grim. Always loved the look of the VR6, especially with the targa headlights.
My friend has an R32.Its mental.Goes like a cut cat.

Reply #5278 Posted: February 08, 2011, 05:01:33 pm

Offline DeeUnit

• Devoted Member
  • DeeUnit has no influence.
Have had a passion for them since I was driven around in it when I was 10 maybe? Older sister bought one.

Told myself that my next car up from my corolla would be one, regardless. Now I'm a'lookin.

Reply #5279 Posted: February 08, 2011, 05:02:03 pm
I got 99 problems but bein\' a bitch ain\'t one.

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
  • kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...
I'm a Beetle fanatic.Owned one for my first car. Transformed it from a shit heap into pretty much this

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh59/kilabee_photo/1547679_12436251136056.jpg
Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

but with shaved chrome , no rag top and in red for the ladies. Got another old shitter up north at my old mans waiting to get the treatment. Fuck work not enough time to play.

Reply #5280 Posted: February 08, 2011, 05:24:11 pm

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Epic^

There is a certain love and satisfaction that a person gets from rebuilding a car.
I have done up a few, some time ago now, but would love to get an old beast and do it again...

Reply #5281 Posted: February 08, 2011, 05:51:24 pm

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
I'm no cyborg. I don't have a mechanical bone in my body.....well, biomechanical, but y'know what I mean.

If I did I'd still have my Simca.

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll47/Ngati_Grim/1973_Simca_1000_GL_86.jpg

Like this^

Was the first car I ever owned.

Last I heard it was doing donuts in a paddock.
Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 06:31:38 pm by Ngati_Grim

Reply #5282 Posted: February 08, 2011, 06:28:37 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
First car I ever owned was a 1983 NZ New Corolla.
The latest car that I own is a 1983 NZ New Corolla.

Reply #5283 Posted: February 08, 2011, 06:44:40 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
Swings and roundabouts aye fella?

Oh, and this is for you:

Reply #5284 Posted: February 08, 2011, 06:52:44 pm

Offline kilabee

• Addicted

Reply #5285 Posted: February 08, 2011, 07:56:44 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Just when you thought that GhostRider was a bit crazy...

Along comes this chap with some rather extreme filtering...

[video=metacafe;5262734/black_devil_moscow_ride_on_r1/]http://www.metacafe.com/watch/5262734/black_devil_moscow_ride_on_r1/[/video]

Reply #5286 Posted: February 08, 2011, 09:01:23 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline camy205

• Addicted
  • camy205 barely matters.camy205 barely matters.
I know heaps of people will disagree, but Skylines are bloody awful looking cars.

Reply #5287 Posted: February 08, 2011, 09:24:35 pm
Quote from: Craigorsarus;1484182
GetSome Thread - Generic Timeline:

- Actual Topic
 - Variation of Topic
 - Someone calls someone a retard
 - Fight
 - Actual Topic
 - Fight
 - Troll
 - Your Mum
 - You\'re*
 - TROLOLOLOLOLOLOL
 - What is this thread about?

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.
I like the widebody r32, but not really the 33 or 34. I like the new GT-Rs. they're pretty sex.

I also like the brakelights, which I think is probably all people really see of a GT-R anyhow.

Reply #5288 Posted: February 08, 2011, 09:31:05 pm

Offline Scunner

• Addicted
  • Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...
My car came under fire driving into work today. Pulling up to a set of lights, I passed under a tree and was bombarded by bird shit. My car took 7 or 8 direct hits but there was no critical damage.

True story.

Reply #5289 Posted: February 09, 2011, 09:32:50 am

Offline DeeUnit

• Devoted Member
  • DeeUnit has no influence.
R32's are just the fucking sex, with an RB20DET, it produces a sound that can only bring a grin to my face everytime I hear it fire.

Fuck I want one bad.

Reply #5290 Posted: February 09, 2011, 11:32:05 am
I got 99 problems but bein\' a bitch ain\'t one.

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Just found these guys:

http://www.123online.co.nz

Don't ever recommend or use these guys. They're scam artists who just sell on pre-designed templates that are bought from other companies for pennys.

Example:

Template being used somewhere else:

http://www.estarr.com

I don't know why they need "the team" to buy templates and stuff with client content... They're not designing anything...

Reply #5291 Posted: February 09, 2011, 12:27:20 pm

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
This is why we can't have nice things. The industry is full of these type of BS pretenders.
Every site I build starts with a piece of paper, then illustrator, then a template is built in a platform. Content added. SEO... Review etc.
These guys. 1. Pick template 2. Add content. ... Profit

Reply #5292 Posted: February 09, 2011, 12:40:57 pm

Offline bitchimom

• Just settled in
  • bitchimom has no influence.
Quote from: Emrico1;1358564
This is why we can't have nice things. The industry is full of these type of BS pretenders.
Every site I build starts with a piece of paper, then illustrator, then a template is built in a platform. Content added. SEO... Review etc.
These guys. 1. Pick template 2. Add content. ... Profit

so who's winning?

Reply #5293 Posted: February 09, 2011, 03:53:47 pm
bitchimom: dirrrrrty girl racer

earthquake refugee since aaaages ago
http://www.rebuildshakeytown.blogspot.com

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
Quote from: Emrico1;1358564
Profit

Enough said.If the customer is happy with the end result, so what?

Reply #5294 Posted: February 09, 2011, 04:28:55 pm

Obble

Quote from: kilabee;1358636

It leads to people like retardo/emrico talking like this.

Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 04:39:14 pm by Obble

Reply #5295 Posted: February 09, 2011, 04:34:31 pm

Offline zolteg

• Devoted Member
  • zolteg has no influence.
Quote from: RetardoBot;1358560
Just found these guys:

http://www.123online.co.nz

Don't ever recommend or use these guys. They're scam artists who just sell on pre-designed templates that are bought from other companies for pennys.

Example:

Template being used somewhere else:

http://www.estarr.com

I don't know why they need "the team" to buy templates and stuff with client content... They're not designing anything...

How do you know that team is even associated with them......it's just a picture, after all.

Reply #5296 Posted: February 09, 2011, 04:43:18 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.
Quote from: DeeUnit;1358548
R32's are just the fucking sex, with an RB20DET, it produces a sound that can only bring a grin to my face everytime I hear it fire.

Fuck I want one bad.

Cousin of mine is a mechanic and loves his nissans. Bit of a hori, and rices up cars a lot - does show cars and such. But always very tidy under the bonnet.

Had many cars along the way, batty, E36 325, evo 7, 180sx. But my favourite is his old skidder.

Mean picture from his FB:
http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/9457/25199111465552216236100.jpg

He sold that though, and imported a black r32 GT-R.

Reply #5297 Posted: February 09, 2011, 05:14:35 pm

Offline TofuEater

• TofuEater barely matters.TofuEater barely matters.
Quote from: RetardoBot;1358560
Maybe they nicked "the team" to make it look like they're bigger than they are?

Reply #5298 Posted: February 09, 2011, 05:28:22 pm
Quote from: Fran O\'Sullivan
The best thing about Finance Minister Bill English\'s latest Budget is that it does finally signal a much greater role for the private sector in the New Zealand economy. And another step along the way to extract this country from the political cul-de-sac in which Helen Clark\'s Labour Government parked us.

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: kilabee;1358636

The customer is being blatantly lied to. They are told they are having a website designed for them- for their company when all they're doing is taking pre-designed websites that are already in use by hundreds of other companies and adding their info to it.

It's basically fraud.

Quote from: zolteg;1358639
How do you know that team is even associated with them......it's just a picture, after all.

They have a video running at the top of their website where one of the guys in that photo introduces the company.

Quote from: TofuEater;1358650
Maybe they nicked "the team" to make it look like they're bigger than they are?

Very possible. Although they would've had to have had the owner shopped into that picture.

Reply #5299 Posted: February 09, 2011, 05:38:57 pm