Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Obble

Quote from: Spork;1358730
I thought you were one of those users whom are all about 4chan?

I thought you were one of those users whom are all about?

Reply #5325 Posted: February 09, 2011, 11:56:25 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Quote from: Obble;1358764
I thought you were one of those users whom are all about?

I thought you were one of those users whom are all?

Reply #5326 Posted: February 10, 2011, 01:04:11 am

Offline njjvk

• Devoted Member
  • njjvk has no influence.

Reply #5327 Posted: February 10, 2011, 03:28:28 am

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!

Reply #5328 Posted: February 10, 2011, 07:24:51 am
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.

Reply #5329 Posted: February 10, 2011, 07:38:24 am
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Offline desertergreg

• Devoted Member
  • desertergreg has no influence.
Fuck you Cathy from Quinovic property management. Fuck you. fuck you fuck you.

sorry i just really needed a release.

hot water is shit. it dribbles out. takes an hour to fill the bath. Claire needs the bath for obvious reasons, but they're not going to look at it for another 6 weeks. and when they do they will do nothing except talk condescendingly to us and try and bargain to get us to do all of the other odd jobs that is entirely their responsibility in the first place.

Fa ick.
Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 12:24:07 pm by desertergreg

Reply #5330 Posted: February 10, 2011, 12:19:56 pm
Quote from: Nostargate;1363344
I roofled once, it was a party.....i was young and naive.....................................

Offline 420fairy

• Mother Of Dragons

• 420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: desertergreg;1358862
Fuck you Cathy from Quinovic property management. Fuck you. fuck you fuck you.

sorry i just really needed a release.

hot water is shit. it dribbles out. takes an hour to fill the bath. Claire needs the bath for obvious reasons, but they're not going to look at it for another 6 weeks. and when they do they will do nothing except talk condecendingly to us and try and bargain to get us to do all of the other odd jobs that is entirely their responsibility in the first place.

Fa ick.

What you need to do my friend is issue the Property Manager a 14 days' notice – breach of landlord responsibilities (from tenant)
Template can be found here http://www.dbh.govt.nz/pub-sorting-out-problems

Date]

[Landlord’s name]
[Landlord’s address]

Dear [Landlord’s name]

Tenancy at:  [Enter tenant’s address]

I am writing to let you know that you are in breach of your responsibilities as a landlord by:

[Enter reason/s]

Please remedy this by doing the following:

[Enter description of what landlord needs to remedy]

If I don’t hear from you and you don’t remedy the situation by [Enter date - 14 days from but not including today], I may apply to the Tenancy Tribunal.

The Tenancy Tribunal may order for work to be done or make any other appropriate order.
I can also ask the Tenancy Tribunal to terminate this tenancy.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Phone:   
Mobile:   
Email:   
Address:   

Yours sincerely

[Tenant’s name]

any further probs let me know i have a fair amount of credits in Commercial/Industrial and Residential Property Management-

Reply #5331 Posted: February 10, 2011, 12:27:25 pm

Offline desertergreg

• Devoted Member
hmmm i have issues with rocking this boat. particularly because its quinovic, not an individual, and also ive heard that there's not much they really need to provide us with. The hot water DOES come out of the tap. albeit at an intermittent and slow pace, and they HAVE offered to look at it, in their own sweet time...

really should i do this? really? is this just asking for more trouble than its worth?

Reply #5332 Posted: February 10, 2011, 12:32:49 pm
I roofled once, it was a party.....i was young and naive.....................................

Codex

Depends on your confidence on them actually resolving the situation

Reply #5333 Posted: February 10, 2011, 12:34:54 pm

Offline 420fairy

• Mother Of Dragons

• 420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: desertergreg;1358867
hmmm i have issues with rocking this boat. particularly because its quinovic, not an individual, and also ive heard that there's not much they really need to provide us with. The hot water DOES come out of the tap. albeit at an intermittent and slow pace, and they HAVE offered to look at it, in their own sweet time...

really should i do this? really? is this just asking for more trouble than its worth?

Quinovic has to adhere to Residential Tenancies Act 1986.  There are no exceptions. The act is for all property owners who have tenants this covers individuals, trusts and real estate agents. Alternatively ensure you get clear communication that you can hire a contractor to resolve the issue but the bill will be sent to and paid by Quinovic

at the end of the day theyll fuck ya , however you have a better chance at swift resolution if you bust out like you know what youre doing.  its up to you if you choose to not act dont moan i guess :)

on a side note - check your water pressure?

the property maintenance is the owners/rental contractors responsibility.  they have an allowance to do so and are supposed to spend 10% of the annual rent collected on maintenance
Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 12:43:39 pm by th3fairy

Reply #5334 Posted: February 10, 2011, 12:40:39 pm

Offline DeeUnit

• Devoted Member
  • DeeUnit has no influence.
I would trust fairy, she seems legit and scary irl.

Reply #5335 Posted: February 10, 2011, 12:55:41 pm
I got 99 problems but bein\' a bitch ain\'t one.

Codex

Yeah Fairy raged hard and still managed to make a scary smile of intended murder when her hd died at xlan...

Reply #5336 Posted: February 10, 2011, 12:59:01 pm

Offline desertergreg

• Devoted Member
the problem with the 10% thing is last year they rplaced our entire roof and insulated the celing and this year they insulated the floor so i suspect they have already spent that quota (which is approx $2300).

water pressure on cold tap is fine. hot water cylinder is small and was installed in 1954.

i will consider it. as for moaning, well you guys just have to put up with that, no bannage for being a sook.

besides i need an outlet, otherwise it will ruin my day.

thanks for the input Fairy.
Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 01:04:29 pm by desertergreg

Reply #5337 Posted: February 10, 2011, 01:01:56 pm

Offline Spigalau

• Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.
^ Buy a plastic baby bath, fill from sink & jug - much quicker, easier on your back (baby at bench height) and saves on your water bill too.

Reply #5338 Posted: February 10, 2011, 01:05:08 pm
49 20 63 61 6e 20 72 65 6d 65 6d 62 65 72 20 77 68 65 6e 20 74 68 65 20 61 69 72 20 77 61 73 20 63 6c 65 61 6e 20 61 6e 64 20 73 65 78 20 77 61 73 20 64 69 72 74 79 2e

Offline desertergreg

• Devoted Member
have one. not talking about bathing baby. there are other 'uncomfortable issues'.

Reply #5339 Posted: February 10, 2011, 01:05:55 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: njjvk;1358791
The fuck is this

fuckoff.

Reply #5340 Posted: February 10, 2011, 01:35:28 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Spigalau;1358877
^ Buy a plastic baby bath, fill from sink & jug - much quicker, easier on your back (baby at bench height) and saves on your water bill too.

I was thinking this.
Or just use the washtub if you have one?

Mum bathed me in a caravan sink.

Reply #5341 Posted: February 10, 2011, 01:38:05 pm

Offline 420fairy

• Mother Of Dragons

Quote from: DeeUnit;1358874
I would trust fairy, she seems legit and scary irl.

you love it when i run into you at the big red shed mate ;)

Quote from: Codex;1358875
Yeah Fairy raged hard and still managed to make a scary smile of intended murder when her hd died at xlan...

fairy rage is fairy at her best

Quote from: desertergreg;1358876
the problem with the 10% thing is last year they rplaced our entire roof and insulated the celing and this year they insulated the floor so i suspect they have already spent that quota (which is approx $2300).

water pressure on cold tap is fine. hot water cylinder is small and was installed in 1954.

i will consider it. as for moaning, well you guys just have to put up with that, no bannage for being a sook.

besides i need an outlet, otherwise it will ruin my day.

thanks for the input Fairy.

the maintenance and how much they had to spend has absolutely nothing to do with you - it is their obligation and in their best interest to keep the property at market value.  i suspect if they went through EECA they would have received a 55% subsidy on the repairs/improvements you have mentioned thus they cant have blown their annual maintenance budget.

they can get the following  if they apply through EECA
All eligible houses 33% of the total cost up to $1300 (incl GST)
Homeowners who hold Community Services Cards 60% of the total cost, or more than 60% if you qualify for a special project. *
Landlords with tenants who hold Community Services Cards 60% of the total cost

Also more to the point Dont you owe it to your wife who pushed out a 9pounder comfort and relief?  You try squeezing your daughter out of such a small opening then tell me you dont deserve to have some form of natural pain and comfort relief ;)
Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 01:42:10 pm by th3fairy

Reply #5342 Posted: February 10, 2011, 01:38:16 pm

Offline Pyromanik

Is there anything on this interwebs that I could hate more than the combination of Javascript and Anchor tags?

Reply #5343 Posted: February 10, 2011, 01:45:54 pm

Offline DeeUnit

• Devoted Member
Quote from: th3fairy;1358889
you love it when i run into you at the big red shed mate ;)

fairy rage is fairy at her best

the maintenance and how much they had to spend has absolutely nothing to do with you - it is their obligation and in their best interest to keep the property at market value.  i suspect if they went through EECA they would have received a 55% subsidy on the repairs/improvements you have mentioned thus they cant have blown their annual maintenance budget.

they can get the following  if they apply through EECA
All eligible houses 33% of the total cost up to $1300 (incl GST)
Homeowners who hold Community Services Cards 60% of the total cost, or more than 60% if you qualify for a special project. *
Landlords with tenants who hold Community Services Cards 60% of the total cost

Also more to the point Dont you owe it to your wife who pushed out a 9pounder comfort and relief?  You try squeezing your daughter out of such a small opening then tell me you dont deserve to have some form of natural pain and comfort relief ;)

Hahaha, grown out the rooster doo yet dawg? ;)

Reply #5344 Posted: February 10, 2011, 01:49:02 pm

Offline desertergreg

• Devoted Member
I suspect challenging the property manager will in fact be her call.

she could do without stress and drama, possibly more than not having a bath within half an hour.

i just wanted to cry cry. im ok about it now, we gonna move this year anyway...i hope.

Reply #5345 Posted: February 10, 2011, 02:07:38 pm

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
Should've thought about all that BEFORE you fucked her, greg :P

Reply #5346 Posted: February 10, 2011, 02:21:52 pm
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.

Reply #5347 Posted: February 10, 2011, 02:29:46 pm
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>

Offline desertergreg

• Devoted Member
well perhaps i should have sorted the bath situation BEFORE she gave birth. There are many other things that i should have sorted before i fucked her as it turns out.

but that is by the by.

Reply #5348 Posted: February 10, 2011, 02:30:44 pm

Offline DeeUnit

• Devoted Member
Quote from: Ngati_Grim;1358912
Should've thought about all that BEFORE you fucked her, greg :P

You stay classy Grim xD

Reply #5349 Posted: February 10, 2011, 02:35:55 pm