Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: bitchimom;1360166
lol as if talking to someone at WINZ is a possibility! don't they usually make everyone wait about 6 weeks for an appointment...?
better pre-plan your emergencies... :p

I hope not. Because last time I inquired about WINZ (few years ago now), they told me that I had to use all available funds before they would give me anything. I've been living off the CC for the past 3 weeks.

Reply #5475 Posted: February 15, 2011, 09:16:18 am

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
CC and dry?

I joke.

Good luck dude.
I'd been thinking about this myself but I'll give it a few more weeks...

Reply #5476 Posted: February 15, 2011, 10:01:22 am

Offline bitchimom

• Just settled in
  • bitchimom has no influence.
Quote from: RetardoBot;1360173
I hope not. Because last time I inquired about WINZ (few years ago now), they told me that I had to use all available funds before they would give me anything. I've been living off the CC for the past 3 weeks.

personally i hate the bastards... spent many years trying to live by their rules and I hope I never have to do so again.
But the sooner you make contact with them, the sooner you're going through the processes... if you wait 6 weeks before you do anything, they'll make you wait even longer...

gl

Reply #5477 Posted: February 15, 2011, 12:30:00 pm
bitchimom: dirrrrrty girl racer

earthquake refugee since aaaages ago
http://www.rebuildshakeytown.blogspot.com

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
I know, they're scum.

I have a feeling they're going to turn me away because my partner receives large payments from her parents (we are considered 'living defacto'). I'm an honest earning person, who doesn't want to bludge, I just want to pay the rent and feed myself and they'll probably turn me away so they can put another DPB scumfuck in the system so they can live a life of child abusing and alcoholism all sponsored by the government!

They actually hinder your ability to look for work. I don't imagine I will need it for anymore than a month.

Reply #5478 Posted: February 15, 2011, 12:38:31 pm

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
Any chance you can get another job while looking for work you actually want to do?

Reply #5479 Posted: February 15, 2011, 01:43:47 pm
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Yeah, I'm currently going to have to do that.

I had a meeting with another agency in town and he has passed on a couple of admin jobs that he thinks I should apply for.

But I dunno. I feel the agency just wants to put me in a position so hey can get their share.

Reply #5480 Posted: February 15, 2011, 01:46:43 pm

Obble

Quote from: RetardoBot;1360315
Parents need to stop posting in pictures of their kids to photography contests.

I agree, nobody gives a fuck about your kids, apart from you, stop overpopulating the planet, bitches!

Reply #5481 Posted: February 15, 2011, 05:25:16 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: RetardoBot;1360265

I had a meeting with another agency in town and he has passed on a couple of admin jobs that he thinks I should apply for.

But I dunno. I feel the agency just wants to put me in a position so hey can get their share.

yeap, they do that

Reply #5482 Posted: February 15, 2011, 05:35:16 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Quote from: JontyB;1360320
yeap, they do that

Yeah, I'm convinced of it, considering I overheard the guy who met with me talk on the phone, and explicitly say "the job market is dead right now". So anyone he can put in a job and reap the benefits from is only going to make him happy.

Reply #5483 Posted: February 15, 2011, 05:38:57 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Put in for another application today.

I might have to apply for an admin job at Massey, being a phone jockey and drowning in a pool of estrogen.

Reply #5484 Posted: February 15, 2011, 05:47:08 pm

Offline toofast

• Addicted
  • toofast barely matters.toofast barely matters.

Picking up a job through the agency, is still a lot better than hitting the dole, while waiting to find another job.

Reply #5485 Posted: February 15, 2011, 05:47:17 pm

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
  • kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...
So your looking at the Dole.Serious question.From what I know from these forums you have some skills and your out of work.What short term  jobs would you turn down because you think they are beneath you?

Reply #5486 Posted: February 15, 2011, 07:20:40 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

I don't understand WINZ.

I rang up today, and had to repeat all my information twice as after the first time I was put through to someone else who had no idea of my initial conversation.

I have to attend their 'how to get a job' seminar next week even though I responded with "I'm signed up with every recruitment agency in town (5), I'm actively checking Seek.co.nz, TradeMe and various other jobsites every day and keeping track of the local papers" when asked "what are you doing to look for jobs". I'm not sure what the guy wanted me to say to make him happy...

Fantastic. Can't wait to have some guy who's no more qualified than my mother to be telling me how to get a job.

Quote from: kilabee;1360357
So your looking at the Dole.Serious question.From what I know from these forums you have some skills and your out of work.What short term  jobs would you turn down because you think they are beneath you?

I don't think anything is beneath me. I just have trouble figuring out if I am really capable of performing in certain hypothetical situations that I have 0 experience or an understanding of. Like acting as a receptionist, or in admin. I've never done it before therefore have no experience to be able to successfully convince an employer that I am capable of doing what it is he/she wants me to do. I'm not going to waste a potential employers time by lieing in my CV, bullshitting in an interview and end up falling flat on my face when it comes to do what it is the position requires of me.

I have a rather specific set of skills (skills that make me a nightmare for people like you) that only really allow me to efficiently and productively work in 2 industries. IT and Design.

I don't have cash handling skills, I don't have retail experience, I don't have managerial experience or even an understanding of it so that knocks me out of 80% of jobs going in these parts.
Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 07:33:56 pm by Retardobot

Reply #5487 Posted: February 15, 2011, 07:23:49 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Quote from: kilabee;1360357

I don't think anything is beneath me. I just have trouble figuring out if I am really capable of performing in certain hypothetical situations. Like acting as a receptionist, or in admin. I've never done it before therefore have no experience to be able to successfully convince an employer that I am capable of doing what it is he/she wants me to do.

I have a rather specific set of skills that only really allow me to efficiently and productively work in 2 industries. IT and Design.

I don't have cash handling skills, I don't have retail experience, I don't have managerial experience or even an understanding of it so that knocks me out of 80% of jobs going in these parts.

Reply #5488 Posted: February 15, 2011, 07:28:50 pm

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
  • kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...

Reply #5489 Posted: February 15, 2011, 07:35:11 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Quote from: kilabee;1360366
Go for an Invalids benefit .

Nah, sickness benefit is far more fashionable. It pays better and I get to feel better about those of you who are on the IB.

Reply #5490 Posted: February 15, 2011, 07:41:10 pm

Obble

Quote from: RetardoBot;1360361
I don't understand WINZ.

I rang up today, and had to repeat all my information twice as after the first time I was put through to someone else who had no idea of my initial conversation.

I have to attend their 'how to get a job' seminar next week even though I responded with "I'm signed up with every recruitment agency in town (5), I'm actively checking Seek.co.nz, TradeMe and various other jobsites every day and keeping track of the local papers" when asked "what are you doing to look for jobs". I'm not sure what the guy wanted me to say to make him happy...

Fantastic. Can't wait to have some guy who's no more qualified than my mother to be telling me how to get a job.

Bro, you dont ring people from the yellow pages etc? WATDAFUCKWRONGWITHU, thats basically what winz said to me when i was there.

Oh and have fun when they put you in some seminar for 'underqualifiedretardswhodidntfinishschool' course, and if you dont have valid reason for declining it, BANGNOMUNEY.
Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 07:57:26 pm by Obble

Reply #5491 Posted: February 15, 2011, 07:54:10 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

I'm so not looking forward to it.

ih8usomuchritenow.

Reply #5492 Posted: February 15, 2011, 08:06:12 pm

Obble

Reply #5493 Posted: February 15, 2011, 08:14:39 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Reply #5494 Posted: February 15, 2011, 08:16:50 pm

Obble

Reply #5495 Posted: February 15, 2011, 08:25:09 pm

Offline Goldo

• Goldo has no influence.

Reply #5496 Posted: February 15, 2011, 10:04:01 pm

Offline DeeUnit

• Devoted Member
  • DeeUnit has no influence.

Reply #5497 Posted: February 15, 2011, 10:12:07 pm
I got 99 problems but bein\' a bitch ain\'t one.

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

I've held off for as long as I can.

I'm living on borrowed money right now. The dole probably wont start paying until a couple of weeks away in which time I may have a job.

Reply #5498 Posted: February 15, 2011, 10:19:28 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!

Basically. Same with the govt. As soon as you're on the benefit, they want you off the thing as fast as possible, and make you apply for jobs you'd otherwise never ever apply for.
"FUCK YOUR CAREER, WE GOT SKY TV TO PAY FOR!"

Go down to the airport bro, find the freightways office/parceline express. Manual labour, but hey, it fills a gap for a while. That or Ezibuy warehouse is pretty closeby too. Dusk-shift jobs give you a fair bit of time in the day to look for real employment.

Quote from: RetardoBot;1360361

Yeh, exactly my old position. Rock and hardplace, while agencies want you to work 12 hours a day shovelling chicken shit so you can't actually look for a real job because you've got no time and are fucked when you get home.

Recruitment agencies don't actually look for jobs for you, they just put you in a database and pick you out if you match the criteria when an employer requests. Which is never, because your 'skill set' is either inexperienced (too young) or non existant (and you get lumped in the herpaderp category), so recruitment agencies overlook you.

And a temp agency 'finds' you a job (similar process), the more they can stuck you in some shitplace employment the less chance you have of getting out, and the more money they make.

Gotta go door knocking bro. And make sure your CV isn't just a white piece of paper with black text on it. Apparently you'd be surprised how many designers apply for design jobs with 'traditional' looking CV's.
Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 12:08:37 am by Pyromanik

Reply #5499 Posted: February 15, 2011, 11:56:55 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.