Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.

Reply #5525 Posted: February 16, 2011, 03:05:54 pm

Offline desertergreg

• Devoted Member
  • desertergreg has no influence.
I always thought that should i ever need to find a job, i would pick a company i like the look of, offer my services for free whilst being paid by winz or some such arrangement until they basically needed me to do what i was doing. prolly nver happen like that...meh

although i do know of one young man in australia to do that. he runs their accounts now.

im so glad this forum isnt full of nazi dole bludger haters though, colour me surprised.

am also flabbergated at the money the govt has poured into 'community' groups thats just been blown wide open...wowsers.

i slipped onto the dole during labour reign and their 'PACE' program (artists benefit), twas on it for four years, though i did complete three fairly solid business courses to get the start-up bizzo grant, (had to apply twice), which prolly learnt me a bit, AND LOOK AT ME NOW! careening from crisis to crisis for the last four years!!!!!

aint been back on the bene tho..

reckon four years of benefit is equivalent to what i now owe in student loan fees, so i think the govt and i are square.

Reply #5526 Posted: February 16, 2011, 03:27:58 pm
Quote from: Nostargate;1363344
I roofled once, it was a party.....i was young and naive.....................................

Offline trololololo

• Just settled in
  • trololololo barely matters.trololololo barely matters.
Rii
Mining is Hiring, the advertising banner at the bottom of the page told me so.

positions available for people with or without experience

Reply #5527 Posted: February 16, 2011, 03:39:06 pm

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
  • kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...
There is certainly some interesting attitudes towards work around here.

Reply #5528 Posted: February 16, 2011, 03:49:59 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Stay classy, kilabee, whatever the hell that is.

Reply #5529 Posted: February 16, 2011, 03:53:16 pm

Obble

Quote from: trololololo;1360617
Rii

It's fucking tempting tbh.

Reply #5530 Posted: February 16, 2011, 05:41:13 pm

Offline Goldo

• Goldo has no influence.
Quote from: Hori88;1360473
Wow, I just lay down to have a nap, and slept solidly for 13 hours.

Woke up, and thought my clock was set 12 hours off.

Goddamn.

。◕ ‿ ◕。

Reply #5531 Posted: February 16, 2011, 06:02:25 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Rii

No it isn't, you should check out my Minecraft world. The only difficult thing is staying away from the creepers.

Reply #5532 Posted: February 16, 2011, 06:27:52 pm

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
Rii

Pike River?

Reply #5533 Posted: February 16, 2011, 06:44:49 pm
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Offline desertergreg

• Devoted Member
  • desertergreg has no influence.

Reply #5534 Posted: February 16, 2011, 07:04:10 pm
Quote from: Nostargate;1363344
I roofled once, it was a party.....i was young and naive.....................................

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.

Reply #5535 Posted: February 16, 2011, 07:10:23 pm

Offline TofuEater

• TofuEater barely matters.TofuEater barely matters.
Quote from: Spigalau;1360600
Spigalau: What is your perfect day?
Spigalau: Blowjob followed by a bacon sarnie
Does it have to be in that order?

Reply #5536 Posted: February 16, 2011, 08:50:43 pm
Quote from: Fran O\'Sullivan
The best thing about Finance Minister Bill English\'s latest Budget is that it does finally signal a much greater role for the private sector in the New Zealand economy. And another step along the way to extract this country from the political cul-de-sac in which Helen Clark\'s Labour Government parked us.

Obble

Quote from: Hori88;1360760
Can't be, they've been buried for months.

@_@

Reply #5537 Posted: February 17, 2011, 10:36:16 am

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.

That's Horible.

Reply #5538 Posted: February 17, 2011, 11:03:12 am

Offline Scunner

• Addicted
  • Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...
Quote from: Spork;1360897
That's Horible.

He really can be Horific.

Reply #5539 Posted: February 17, 2011, 11:15:04 am

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Quote from: Scunner;1360899
He really can be Horific.

I guess it is just his Horiculture.

Reply #5540 Posted: February 17, 2011, 11:29:01 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Spork;1360901
I guess it is just his Horiculture.

His shitty way of growing plants?

Reply #5541 Posted: February 17, 2011, 11:33:51 am

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!
lol at above posts.

Do you guys remember "Funny Business" on the tele over 10 years ago, that used to have the long running  gag with the PC pastor who had a mate called Hori. every skit had a gag like " what's the story, Hori" or "you better go to the lavatory , Hori", "it's mandatory, Hori" etc.

Best long running gag skits ever

Reply #5542 Posted: February 17, 2011, 12:01:06 pm

Blackwatch Off Topic - Abandon hope all ye who enter here

Offline Pitchey

• Addicted
  • Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!
lol I actually have a copy of that on VHS (Crikey!)

By gori it's Hori!

Reply #5543 Posted: February 17, 2011, 12:41:21 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
Horitio, talkin' smack about dead people since ages ago.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!

Reply #5544 Posted: February 17, 2011, 01:30:23 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!

Reply #5545 Posted: February 17, 2011, 01:53:47 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!

Reply #5546 Posted: February 17, 2011, 02:17:22 pm

Blackwatch Off Topic - Abandon hope all ye who enter here

Offline nick247

• Addicted
  • nick247 has no influence.
Quote from: desertergreg;1360611
im so glad this forum isnt full of nazi dole bludger haters though, colour me surprised.

This forum is full of dole bludger haters. But using the dole for what it is intended for is fine by us.

Reply #5547 Posted: February 17, 2011, 03:05:16 pm

Offline DeeUnit

• Devoted Member
  • DeeUnit has no influence.
Yeap.

Auntie is in the same situation as Rii, applied for the dole whilst looking for a job, so she can simply survive.

I see that as fine.

Whereas choosing it as a lifestyle, :(

Reply #5548 Posted: February 17, 2011, 03:10:37 pm
I got 99 problems but bein\' a bitch ain\'t one.

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
i'm hoping i don't end up in that sorta position, but we'll see

Reply #5549 Posted: February 17, 2011, 03:17:39 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity