Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Obble

Quote from: Codex;1361721
then he waddled away, waddle waddle waddle

Says the guy with codex for a name About 12,300,000 results (0.13 seconds)

Clearly trying to hide.

Reply #5650 Posted: February 20, 2011, 01:04:09 pm

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
Spoiler :
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/6560121.stm

Dr Rui Jiang, leading the research, said high levels of nitrites are used in cured meats such as bacon as preservatives, anti-bacterial agents and colour fixatives.

He said reactive nitrogen species, molecules that can damage body tissues, might be the key.

He said: "Nitrites generate reactive nitrogen species that may cause damage to the lungs, producing structural changes resembling emphysema."....."Although smoking remains the single most significant cause of COPD this research seems to suggest other factors may result in increased risk of the disease."  

I'm doing well...have given up smoking (thanks in part to the new University rules, and have given up bacon, along with other meats, and haven't eaten fish for nearly a year.

Figured I'd best put my money where my mouth is. It's something I've struggled with for a while. Now my stools are good and firm and my farts don't stink. I feel healthier and have more energy and eat really well, spending less money on meals. Cooking is a pleasure.

Also,since I find wars abhorrent and have no wish to take another's life,I thought that logically I would extend that towards animals as well.

"For as long as men massacre animals, they will kill each other. Indeed, he who sows the seed of murder and pain cannot reap joy and love."

Pythagoras

"The time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of animals as they now look on the murder of men."

Leonardo da Vinci.

"If a group of beings from another planet were to land on Earth -- beings who considered themselves as superior to you as you feel yourself to be to other animals -- would you concede them the rights over you that you assume over other animals?"

George Bernard Shaw

"You have just dined, and however scrupulously the slaughterhouse is concealed in the graceful distance of miles, there is complicity."

Ralph Waldo Emerson

"I cannot fish without falling a little in self-respect...always when I have done I feel it would have been better if I had not fished."

Henry David Thoreau

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."
    "To my mind, the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being."

Mahatma Gandhi

"I am not interested to know whether vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't...The pain which it inflicts upon unconsenting animals is the basis of my enmity toward it, and it is to me sufficient justification of the enmity without looking further."

Mark Twain

:)
Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 04:24:42 pm by Ngati_Grim

Reply #5651 Posted: February 20, 2011, 04:10:57 pm
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Offline vedds

• Devoted Member
  • vedds has no influence.
^^THis is lies and the heretic vegetarians spreading these untruths must be burned immediately!

Reply #5652 Posted: February 20, 2011, 04:18:50 pm

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.

Reply #5653 Posted: February 20, 2011, 04:25:39 pm
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Codex

Quote from: Obble;1361754
Says the guy with codex for a name About 12,300,000 results (0.13 seconds)

Clearly trying to hide.

wut

Reply #5654 Posted: February 20, 2011, 04:49:32 pm

Obble

Woman aka devil spawn: you dont even sound kiwi/from nz
poor old obble: what
Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 06:22:59 pm by Obble

Reply #5655 Posted: February 21, 2011, 06:20:54 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.

Reply #5656 Posted: February 21, 2011, 06:38:31 pm

Obble

Quote from: Spork;1362036
^ Fraud.

sometimes i dont even what know am i.

Reply #5657 Posted: February 21, 2011, 09:07:08 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!

Reply #5658 Posted: February 21, 2011, 10:09:27 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Obble

Quote from: Pyromanik;1362105
Azn?

australian m8, forever weirdedout.

Reply #5659 Posted: February 21, 2011, 11:14:31 pm

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.

Reply #5660 Posted: February 22, 2011, 11:04:53 am
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>

Offline nick247

• Addicted
  • nick247 has no influence.
Quote from: Obble;1362031
you dont even sound kiwi/from nz

That's because you sound like Timmy from South Park

"OBBLE"
"You dont even sound kiwi"
"What?...OBBLE"

Reply #5661 Posted: February 22, 2011, 12:52:49 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Obble;1362031
Woman aka devil spawn: you dont even sound kiwi/from nz

What put you in this situation?

Were you talking to one of NZ's marvelously presented females?

Reply #5662 Posted: February 22, 2011, 12:58:55 pm

Offline varkk

• Just settled in
  • varkk has no influence.
So, sitting here in Greymouth and the earth moved again. You guys still there in shaky town?

Reply #5663 Posted: February 22, 2011, 12:59:44 pm

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.
Yeah, it seems to be shaking a bit in Dunedin, though it's not on Geonet

Reply #5664 Posted: February 22, 2011, 01:06:10 pm
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>

Offline Clin

• Addicted
  • Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!
Everyone ok? Can't ring chrictchurch to check on TFE down there?

Hope GetSome goons all safe?

Reply #5665 Posted: February 22, 2011, 01:07:08 pm

lol @ console hate

Offline G0DZ1LA

• Devoted Member
  • G0DZ1LA has no influence.

Reply #5666 Posted: February 22, 2011, 01:09:36 pm

[BW] D3ADZ1LA.... G0DZ1LA was taken :(

Offline 420fairy

• Mother Of Dragons

• 420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!

Reply #5667 Posted: February 22, 2011, 01:21:01 pm

Offline Clin

• Addicted
  • Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!
"A large quake has struck Christchurch, with reports of buildings and houses down.

Witnesses said there were buildings down all around Cathedral Square in the city, with the church destroyed. Witnesses said there would be "deaths" this time.

Christchurch resident Sean Scanlon said it was by far the biggest shake since the original September 4 quake. The power was out and phone lines jammed.

Christchurch Hospital was being evacuated, a spokewoman for the hospital said."

Twitter going nuts saying buildings falling over etc...

Reply #5668 Posted: February 22, 2011, 01:24:15 pm

lol @ console hate

Offline varkk

• Just settled in
  • varkk has no influence.
Stuff and some reports on twitter are saying the Cathedral got pwned. Can't get any real info as it seems all phone lines are down.

Reply #5669 Posted: February 22, 2011, 01:24:57 pm

Offline Clin

• Addicted
TFE in Moorhouse Ave fucked, it's a brand new building.....

River running down moorhouse ave.

Codex... Codex speak to me!

Reply #5670 Posted: February 22, 2011, 01:26:38 pm

lol @ console hate

Offline private_hell

• Addicted
  • private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.

Reply #5671 Posted: February 22, 2011, 01:27:49 pm
"Let him who desires peace prepare for war" - Flavius Vegetius Renatus (375AD) De Rei Militari

Offline nick247

• Addicted
  • nick247 has no influence.
Here's hoping those in the "treehouse of awesome" down in Chch are ok

Reply #5672 Posted: February 22, 2011, 01:28:32 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!

Reply #5673 Posted: February 22, 2011, 01:29:02 pm

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!

Reply #5674 Posted: February 22, 2011, 01:32:03 pm