Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.

Reply #5850 Posted: March 04, 2011, 08:00:00 pm

Codex

Reply #5851 Posted: March 04, 2011, 08:00:42 pm

Offline TofuEater

• TofuEater barely matters.TofuEater barely matters.
Quote from: Hori88;1364885
Flew down to Queenstown yesterday to catch up with the family who've been down here on a wee holiday (post-quake).

So we're staying at this fucking golf resort place, full of carrot-up-the-arse aristocrats.
It's pretty good though.

Managed to get thrown off the course today after ripping continous dougheys in the golfcart.

I protested, but apparently rally was not what Bob Charles had in mind :S

http://www.millbrook.co.nz/

Har, COCK - i was there last week. :P

Reply #5852 Posted: March 04, 2011, 09:05:24 pm
Quote from: Fran O\'Sullivan
The best thing about Finance Minister Bill English\'s latest Budget is that it does finally signal a much greater role for the private sector in the New Zealand economy. And another step along the way to extract this country from the political cul-de-sac in which Helen Clark\'s Labour Government parked us.

Offline Reaper_Joe

• Devoted Member
  • Reaper_Joe has no influence.

Reply #5853 Posted: March 04, 2011, 09:22:16 pm

Offline bitchimom

• Just settled in
  • bitchimom has no influence.
Quote from: ChineseKiwi;1365346
I posted this in the quake thread but more people go in this one so I'll repost:

Anyway, if there's anyone is genuine need because of the quake, The Hub Hornby are giving away mall vouchers to help them. They can spend it on whatever they like there. Please PM me with their address and contact details and I will forward them to my sister at Mall management. Includes you Ngati! I'm sure you'll appreciate them and know people who need them right now.

awww bollox! I just spent $59 there today on a Vodem so we can get a little internet at the new place while waiting on TelstraClear :(

Reply #5854 Posted: March 04, 2011, 09:34:23 pm
bitchimom: dirrrrrty girl racer

earthquake refugee since aaaages ago
http://www.rebuildshakeytown.blogspot.com

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
I don't think that counts as a 'genuine' need, lol.

But I also wonder how people in genuine need will get all the way to the hub, lol.

Reply #5855 Posted: March 05, 2011, 12:07:37 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline bitchimom

• Just settled in
actually, I run a business from home & my clients are not just Chch-based... although the studio where I normally do my voicework is on Fitz and currently has no power, so that's kinda on hold.
I'm also a university student and polytechnic tutor so email & web forums such as facebook are increasingly essential for staying in touch.
What limited hospo work I can get is also coming in via email.
Having already lost my home and my mental equilibrium, almost anything for me these days is 'genuine need', including access to internet.

:(

Reply #5856 Posted: March 05, 2011, 10:12:10 am

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
True that I guess.
I was thinking more about those who have no power, no water and no basic hygene (like no shit running through their property). They might like mall vouchers for things like hand sanitizer, bottled water, maybe some fresh food... But as I said, I'm unsure about how such unfortunate folks would hear about this, or be able to make the travel across town to the hub (expecially when we're not supposed to travel across town and all...)

But you're right. Desperation comes in many different shapes and forms. I know some business folk who have done some pretty risky stuff just to save their livelyhood.
Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 11:16:17 am by Pyromanik

Reply #5857 Posted: March 05, 2011, 11:13:52 am

Offline bitchimom

• Just settled in
yep... my mum's boss has been allowed one vehicle, 3 people and 30 minutes to try and get the PCs & files necessary to continue her accountancy business. Location, next to South City mall, and not in the area where the cordon is about to be relaxed. This quake has been disasterous in different ways for so many people.

Reply #5858 Posted: March 05, 2011, 11:25:42 am

Offline Nostargate

• Addicted
  • Nostargate barely matters.Nostargate barely matters.

Reply #5859 Posted: March 05, 2011, 11:47:43 am

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Here you go bitchi. South city might be a go as of Sunday.

map of the relaxed cordon as of sunday 2pm.

Zone 1 & 2 sunday 2pm, 3 & 4 to be announced early in week.

http://canterburyearthquake.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/cordon-reduction-map1.pdf

Reply #5860 Posted: March 05, 2011, 01:24:54 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
hopefully that means the harvey norman building can be checked.

the sooner i found out about work the better. with both work and course being in limbo i'll be hunting for full time work from monday

Reply #5861 Posted: March 05, 2011, 03:49:05 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline desertergreg

• Devoted Member
  • desertergreg has no influence.
I've been busy with the sprog and haven't caught up in a while but I hope the earthquake affected arnt too worse for wear.

Reply #5862 Posted: March 05, 2011, 05:13:21 pm
Quote from: Nostargate;1363344
I roofled once, it was a party.....i was young and naive.....................................

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.

Reply #5863 Posted: March 05, 2011, 06:58:26 pm

Offline bitchimom

• Just settled in
Quote from: Growler;1365667
Here you go bitchi. South city might be a go as of Sunday.

hehe talked to my mum this evening... her boss had been allowed 30 mins, 3 ppl, 1 vehicle to get stuff from their offices near South City today.
The officials started timing from when Teresa (boss lady) left the control point... which left about 15 minutes to go into the building... which was further eroded by the 'safety briefing' they gave her before they would let her go in.
I'm quite pleased that my business file was among those retrieved today cos I'm sure that I'm owed a tax refund!!!! it would come in rather handy right now...

Reply #5864 Posted: March 05, 2011, 07:16:55 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.

Reply #5865 Posted: March 05, 2011, 07:34:35 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
im out in Weedons (between Lincoln and Rollytown) I could hear that coming for about 5 seconds then it rattled us pretty well here. How was it in town?

Reply #5866 Posted: March 05, 2011, 07:44:43 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Pyromanik

It went for ages. I was wondering if it would get any worse...

Reply #5867 Posted: March 05, 2011, 07:55:55 pm

Codex

me and azure were in pak n run

seemed pretty roly o_O

Reply #5868 Posted: March 05, 2011, 10:07:40 pm

Offline camy205

• Addicted
  • camy205 barely matters.camy205 barely matters.
Holy shit I spent 130 bucks in two days. EEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!

Reply #5869 Posted: March 06, 2011, 10:07:33 am
Quote from: Craigorsarus;1484182
GetSome Thread - Generic Timeline:

- Actual Topic
 - Variation of Topic
 - Someone calls someone a retard
 - Fight
 - Actual Topic
 - Fight
 - Troll
 - Your Mum
 - You\'re*
 - TROLOLOLOLOLOLOL
 - What is this thread about?

Offline Pyromanik

Reply #5870 Posted: March 06, 2011, 12:26:48 pm

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: camy205;1365829

Quote from: Pyromanik;1365841
Not very much.

It doesn't sound like it was that deer.
After the earthquake I spent more than that in ten minutes.
Flat mouth shovels aren't cheap.

Reply #5871 Posted: March 06, 2011, 02:30:02 pm
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Offline vedds

• Devoted Member
  • vedds has no influence.
Quote from: camy205;1365829

I remember being a student. Its scary how little you can live off when youre studying, versus what we spend now. [/oldtimer rant :) ]

Reply #5872 Posted: March 06, 2011, 02:38:52 pm

Offline Pyromanik

When you think about it though, how much of what you spend is on shit you don't need?
Like fancy soap when just 4 bars for $1.40 will do, and lasts about 3 months each as opposed to ~$4 for some liquid shit that'll last 2.4 weeks.

Reply #5873 Posted: March 06, 2011, 03:16:09 pm

Offline vedds

• Devoted Member
  • vedds has no influence.
this is true, but then again I am quite partial to scotch fillet rather than 2 minute noodles :D

Reply #5874 Posted: March 06, 2011, 03:47:58 pm