Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Obble

Judging by what he does, and the lack of jobs in his area, he should move out of the inbred cesspool and move to a great city, like Auckland.

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/759/1300678242242.jpg
Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Or start is own company, that'd be kinda cool.

Reply #6200 Posted: March 21, 2011, 10:24:29 pm

Obble

Shut up Obble you meanie, or ill bash ur face.
http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/4803/1300662991234.png

Reply #6201 Posted: March 21, 2011, 10:26:06 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Sucks bro.
Don't be scared, call the fuckers up and call them out on why they didn't hire you. Chances are you were too good and they were scared.

well... maybe, but honestly do call, and enquire for feedback. It will help next time. If they can't put their finger on it, it was likely just some dickhead at the top hiring a friend of a friend instead or something.

Reply #6202 Posted: March 21, 2011, 10:58:59 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Codex

^Yeah was going to say the same, I know I missed out on a job because a friend of a friend got hired, now they're making gross work rofl

Reply #6203 Posted: March 21, 2011, 11:46:59 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Yeah, or march in there and shit on their reception desk!

I vote the 2nd route, will leave a lasting impression.

Reply #6204 Posted: March 22, 2011, 08:00:06 am
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Going to drop in today to pick up the work I did for their test project.

I have no ill will towards them, I class them as the most talented design group in Palmy (that does mean something, we spit out terrible amounts of design students, talented ones).

The reason why I wasn't chosen was pretty gut wrenching as it was out of my hands. But I wont share that here.

I do plan to spit life back into my current design label. It's just rough because I have 0 financial backing and starting up a company is not cheap. That and I have a huge flaw.

I look like I am 18. I get it constantly. I have been commented on it during interviews "you look so young" which removes any face value trust that a client tries to place in you, especially when you are looking after their company identity.
Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 08:13:53 am by Retardobot

Reply #6205 Posted: March 22, 2011, 08:10:01 am

Offline Spigalau

• Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.

Reply #6206 Posted: March 22, 2011, 08:31:05 am
49 20 63 61 6e 20 72 65 6d 65 6d 62 65 72 20 77 68 65 6e 20 74 68 65 20 61 69 72 20 77 61 73 20 63 6c 65 61 6e 20 61 6e 64 20 73 65 78 20 77 61 73 20 64 69 72 74 79 2e

Offline camy205

• Addicted
  • camy205 barely matters.camy205 barely matters.
Well I'm 18 and I look like a 13 year old so count yourself lucky!

You should just grow a beard, if that fails, tape some pubes on your face like they did in Jackass 2, trust me.

Reply #6207 Posted: March 22, 2011, 11:08:58 am
Quote from: Craigorsarus;1484182
GetSome Thread - Generic Timeline:

- Actual Topic
 - Variation of Topic
 - Someone calls someone a retard
 - Fight
 - Actual Topic
 - Fight
 - Troll
 - Your Mum
 - You\'re*
 - TROLOLOLOLOLOLOL
 - What is this thread about?

Offline Clin

• Addicted
  • Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!
Sorry to hear bro. As for your "always someone better" comment, it's one of my own philosophies.

Reply #6208 Posted: March 22, 2011, 11:52:58 am

lol @ console hate

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: RetardoBot;1370761
I do plan to spit life back into my current design label. It's just rough because I have 0 financial backing and starting up a company is not cheap. That and I have a huge flaw.

I look like I am 18. I get it constantly. I have been commented on it during interviews "you look so young" which removes any face value trust that a client tries to place in you, especially when you are looking after their company identity.

beard. full blown beard. nufn more trustworthy than a beard

Reply #6209 Posted: March 22, 2011, 01:25:34 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline nick247

• Addicted
  • nick247 has no influence.
Quote from: RetardoBot;1370761
Going to drop in today to pick up the work I did for their test project.

I have no ill will towards them, I class them as the most talented design group in Palmy (that does mean something, we spit out terrible amounts of design students, talented ones).

The reason why I wasn't chosen was pretty gut wrenching as it was out of my hands. But I wont share that here.

Dude me too. I have the same thing. I definitely do not look my age and that sucks for business stuff.

Reply #6210 Posted: March 22, 2011, 01:55:03 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.

Reply #6211 Posted: March 22, 2011, 01:56:13 pm

Offline nick247

• Addicted
  • nick247 has no influence.

Reply #6212 Posted: March 22, 2011, 02:04:41 pm

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
I have a soul patch type of beard.
Sure I look like a douche but at least I don't look 17 :)

Reply #6213 Posted: March 22, 2011, 02:14:08 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
I have a full on beard at the moment, didn't stop me from getting asked for ID for the 1st time in about 12 years...... hahahahaa I should feel honored!

Reply #6214 Posted: March 22, 2011, 02:32:15 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Craigor

• Administrator
  • Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!

Reply #6215 Posted: March 22, 2011, 02:39:10 pm
<a href="steam://friends/add/76561197966242864/">Add me to Steam</a> <- Fixed! lol

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: nick247;1370888
and look like a pervert? I dont think so

Solo Moustache's makes you look like a pervert.
Beards without a moustache makes you look like a terrorist
Full length Beard + Full Moustache makes you look like a hobo

short moustache/Beard is the only acceptable solution and will make you look older than 18 in many cases.
Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 02:57:06 pm by Bell

Reply #6216 Posted: March 22, 2011, 02:54:56 pm

Offline camy205

• Addicted
  • camy205 barely matters.camy205 barely matters.
My dad has a raging ginger beard, I really hope I get that.

Reply #6217 Posted: March 22, 2011, 04:40:34 pm
Quote from: Craigorsarus;1484182
GetSome Thread - Generic Timeline:

- Actual Topic
 - Variation of Topic
 - Someone calls someone a retard
 - Fight
 - Actual Topic
 - Fight
 - Troll
 - Your Mum
 - You\'re*
 - TROLOLOLOLOLOLOL
 - What is this thread about?

Offline toofast

• Addicted
  • toofast barely matters.toofast barely matters.
I agree with all the above. Beard and no longer will people confuse you for some 18 year old. The real challenge is finding something which doesn't make you look like a homeless person, since i don't believe most companies are too hot on that.

Also,

A reader sends her sympathies to Nureete, whose job application was rejected by ASB almost as soon as he applied. "I, too, received a hasty, generic rejection email from an Auckland city consultancy, despite my experience being an exact match for the role," writes a reader. "Puzzled, I rang the consultancy and was told that because there were over 120 applicants, they ran CVs and letters through 'some scanning software' - mine was rejected because this software 'did not recognise sufficient key words'.

When I asked the consultant to actually read my application, not only was I told I was probably the best-qualified applicant, I got an immediate interview with them as well as an interview time with the client ... This is unacceptable and job seekers need to make sure their application is considered by a human being."

From the heralds sideswipe. Odd stuff like this is done. Half the reason i always ring back to find out why i wasn't picked.

Reply #6218 Posted: March 22, 2011, 04:50:56 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: camy205;1370956
My dad has a raging ginger beard, I really hope I get that.

My chin/upper lip grows orange/blonde while my neck, jaw and cheeks grow dark brown/black.

It's odd, out of my entire family, I'm the only one to have this.

EDIT: @toofast. Whoa, that's crazy, I didn't know they ran software to scan CV's. Will keep that in mind.
Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 04:54:20 pm by Retardobot

Reply #6219 Posted: March 22, 2011, 04:52:05 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
HR departments can be really rubbish, some of them don't even have a clue what a good CV would look like for a certain role they just look for key words that match the job description so I guess it is cheaper to hire a machine to do it heh.

Reply #6220 Posted: March 22, 2011, 06:38:33 pm

Obble

Quote from: RetardoBot;1370965
EDIT: @toofast. Whoa, that's crazy, I didn't know they ran software to scan CV's. Will keep that in mind.

Pretty shit eh, My olde WINZ case manager told me it ages ago, after not getting a job i ezily q-fied for m8.
HATE PEOPLE STAB

Reply #6221 Posted: March 22, 2011, 09:20:29 pm

Offline 5loth

• Addicted
  • 5loth has no influence.
I once applied for a job at Environment Canterbury which I was well qualified for.

After sending in my CV I got a phone call saying they were taking a bit longer to go through the CVs, and they were extending the deadline for a few extra days but that I had made it past the first stage and would be contacted again to come in for an interview. A week later and I hadn't heard back, and then I received an email saying "sorry but unfortunately your application was unsuccessful in this instance and you will not be required for an interview". I emailed them back asking what the story was, and didn't even get a reply. I was then glad I didn't get the job.

I have been quite lucky as since starting in IT 7 years ago I have always had a job, which makes applying for other jobs much less stressful. I can only imagine how frustrating it must be applying for jobs when you don't already have one and being unsuccessful. I don't look forward to that day.

Reply #6222 Posted: March 22, 2011, 10:16:23 pm
sila.

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
^ Pray it never comes :>

Quote from: Obble;1371042
Pretty shit eh, My olde WINZ case manager told me it ages ago, after not getting a job i ezily q-fied for m8.
HATE PEOPLE STAB

It'z cus they know you TK folks outta the cockpit with 1 shot in the other J-10.

Reply #6223 Posted: March 22, 2011, 10:25:31 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Obble

Quote from: Pyromanik;1371062
It'z cus they know you TK folks outta the cockpit with 1 shot in the other J-10.

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/3351/1300660303680.png

http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/7268/1300664962161.png

Reply #6224 Posted: March 22, 2011, 10:30:06 pm