Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.

Reply #6400 Posted: April 07, 2011, 09:13:14 pm
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>

Offline bitchimom

• Just settled in
  • bitchimom has no influence.
Daddy Clin... have you never found the multi-pack Violet Crumble? Often available in Progressive supermarkets (CD/FT/WW) check the sweety section :) I too am in love with that particular confection... soooooo much better than Crunchie bars!!

and drinks then.... somewhere/when soon yes? :p

Reply #6401 Posted: April 07, 2011, 10:56:47 pm
bitchimom: dirrrrrty girl racer

earthquake refugee since aaaages ago
http://www.rebuildshakeytown.blogspot.com

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Quote from: Daddy Clin;1374725
No. No we do not have the most delicious confection on the face of the earth. And no, it is not the same as a crunchie. Not even close.

Never realised how homo-erotic this ad was when I was a kid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JX1Y_5vFf2w

Ah, forgot about 318! 319 came along so quickly.

Yea I could easily do that for you, I even went to the supermarket today, and knew there was something I wanted to buy, however I had no idea what it was - I wanted to buy some VC, and take a photo of an empty packet of it.

Reply #6402 Posted: April 07, 2011, 11:00:03 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
just saw some pics of work :/

obviously i can't say much about it at all, but its hit me pretty hard. so many what if's.
Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 11:54:29 pm by Speakman

Reply #6403 Posted: April 07, 2011, 11:35:43 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Clin

• Addicted
  • Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: bitchimom;1374889
Daddy Clin... have you never found the multi-pack Violet Crumble?

Found some once in a big fresh up here, but my only supply has been holidaying friends.

Quote from: JontyB;1374898
just saw some pics of work :/ So many what if's.

You're still here with us. Negative what if's are a waste of thought bro. Not allowed in my house.

Reply #6404 Posted: April 08, 2011, 12:26:34 am

lol @ console hate

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
You can what if all you like, the most important thing to remember is that nothing actually happened.

EDIT: If nothing else, consider yourself lucky that you do not live in Japan.

Another 7.4 reported? Ouch. No idea how deep it was though.

Thursday's quake comes as the number of people confirmed dead after last month's earthquake and tsunami rose to 12,608, with a further 15,073 listed as missing.

The quake has become Japan's deadliest natural disaster since the 1923 Great Kanto Earthquake, which killed more than 142,000 people.

Oh man.
Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 03:42:53 am by Spork

Reply #6405 Posted: April 08, 2011, 02:20:07 am

Offline TofuEater

• TofuEater barely matters.TofuEater barely matters.
Quote from: bitchimom;1374889
and drinks then.... somewhere/when soon yes? :p
6th May - you won't get a better offer. :P

Reply #6406 Posted: April 08, 2011, 06:08:17 am
Quote from: Fran O\'Sullivan
The best thing about Finance Minister Bill English\'s latest Budget is that it does finally signal a much greater role for the private sector in the New Zealand economy. And another step along the way to extract this country from the political cul-de-sac in which Helen Clark\'s Labour Government parked us.

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!

Reply #6407 Posted: April 08, 2011, 08:28:55 am

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!

Reply #6408 Posted: April 08, 2011, 08:35:19 am
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Daddy Clin;1374902
You're still here with us. Negative what if's are a waste of thought bro. Not allowed in my house.

oh they aren't not personal what if's. there is a wee bit about the day it was on (if it was a weekend there could have been up to 100 kids at any time in there), but mostly what if the insurance company are gonna be douches. what if we don't have a source of money to pay wages?

with my student allowance running out very soon, gotta sort something out

Reply #6409 Posted: April 08, 2011, 08:58:00 am
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: Growler;1374924
To all the drinkers.

http://www.grabone.co.nz/christchurch/matsons-brewery

Wow, good deal!

Up for a drink sometime, hopefully things die down a bit here and the long hours playing catchup diminish...

Growler <3

Reply #6410 Posted: April 08, 2011, 09:17:54 am
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Looks like we may finally move back into the Slanty Shanty next weekend. Chimney removed, front door can now be opened by my better half and the roof is now weather tightish. Just need the heating sorted for the bubs room and some sort of floor coverings to cover the drafty holes and we are sorted!

Anyone have any update or 'inside' knowledge about the water quality from the taps yet?

Reply #6411 Posted: April 08, 2011, 09:27:51 am
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline zolteg

• Devoted Member
  • zolteg has no influence.

Reply #6412 Posted: April 08, 2011, 09:58:36 am

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: Growler;1374937
Anyone have any update or 'inside' knowledge about the water quality from the taps yet?

Still boiling. Making the odd trip out of town to fill up with drinking water. Need additives if using tap water for fish/turtle tanks.

Showering is a chlorine fest, at least in Roimata.

Silt still settles when tap water left to stand.

Chemical toilet pressure release valve prone to overflowing when emptying, wear gloves and use lots of disinfectant and if spill on tank clean it up (bloody dirty buggers who don't...wait til I catch them).

Don't flush toilets as pipes are munted and sewage can appear in yours, or neighbours yards, or in the street.

Spoke to a sewerage repair man at 2 a.m. yesterday who said it was going to take a long time, longer probably than the 'official' word. Clay pipes are Imperial, new pipes are Metric.

Had a gritty eye recently. Eyelid puffed up due to shitty silt inundation. Saline wash eventually rid the grit.

Fuck caps lock Friday, more important things to worry about.

Hugs to all Christchurch people. Times are tough, but we'll get through.

Reply #6413 Posted: April 08, 2011, 11:52:55 am
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Suddenly I wish I was in palmy.

See Thomas Oliver Band Live & FREE in Palmerston North at Marbecks, Friday 8th April 2011 at 5.30pm SHAZAM!
Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 12:04:54 pm by Pyromanik

Reply #6414 Posted: April 08, 2011, 12:00:55 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Hori88;1374763
Personally, I would prefer it if everything was in Sys. It's pretty much the best font.

Quote from: Growler;1374766
oh no you didnt!

Quote from: Daddy Clin;1374767
I'm actually a fan of Times, if I had to choose the quick brown options, lazily made available to us.

Quote from: JontyB;1374773
You're all hoes

Quote from: Growler;1374774
In my garden with my Diggas and Hoes

Quote from: JontyB;1374776
BOATS n HOES

Quote from: Growler;1374784
Goats and Does

Quote from: Virus.;1374800
Comic SAAAAAAANS!

http://trpdsaya.tumblr.com/

Reply #6415 Posted: April 08, 2011, 12:03:59 pm

Offline Pyromanik

Interested in what this Raptr business is... I load the front page.

Suddenly not so interested.

raptrguest67834964 played some FarmVille.

Reply #6416 Posted: April 08, 2011, 12:06:43 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Just finished researching my Pokemon team for Heart Gold.

Shit is going to get real.

Reply #6417 Posted: April 08, 2011, 12:13:57 pm

Offline trololololo

• Just settled in
  • trololololo barely matters.trololololo barely matters.

Reply #6418 Posted: April 08, 2011, 12:17:03 pm

Offline Growler

Reply #6419 Posted: April 08, 2011, 12:19:31 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Clin

• Addicted
  • Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Pyromanik;1374987
Interested in what this Raptr business is... I load the front page.

Suddenly not so interested.

Give it a fair go. It's a great little piece of software.

Reply #6420 Posted: April 08, 2011, 02:03:03 pm

lol @ console hate

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
It's an awesome program.

I found this weird guy on it called Daddy Clin, we were talking, he asked how old I was, then he starting sending naked pictures of himself which kind of creeped me out a bit.

Reply #6421 Posted: April 08, 2011, 02:10:18 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Oh lucky!

He found out I was a girl and lost interest ):

Reply #6422 Posted: April 08, 2011, 02:14:12 pm

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!

Reply #6423 Posted: April 08, 2011, 04:58:25 pm

Blackwatch Off Topic - Abandon hope all ye who enter here

henno

Quote from: Pyromanik;1374983
Suddenly I wish I was in palmy.

See Thomas Oliver Band Live & FREE in Palmerston North at Marbecks, Friday 8th April 2011 at 5.30pm SHAZAM!

Nice heading down there now  thx

Reply #6424 Posted: April 08, 2011, 05:09:24 pm