Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Offline bitchimom

• Just settled in
  • bitchimom has no influence.
dogsbody?
any title you give yourself as a one-person-company will probably be totally inappropriate at some stage ;)
'cos in the end, we do anything & everything that needs doing... dogsbody is true but not terribly sexy :p

Reply #6525 Posted: April 13, 2011, 06:47:40 pm
bitchimom: dirrrrrty girl racer

earthquake refugee since aaaages ago
http://www.rebuildshakeytown.blogspot.com

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: RetardoBot;1376037
This man knows.

PrintStop (now Printing.com, with horrible rebrand... sold out to overseas company I guess) have specials on their cards all the time. And they're rediculously cheap. Full offset print too, none of this bullshit 100gsm digital print and rough as guts cut you get from the likes of vistaprint.

As far as business cards in NZ goes, you can't really beat them.

They have set packages, but if you want to go outside the square there's still no issue.
Their 'standard' is 350gsm from memory, double sided colour option, then with matt laminate double sided addon...
You got some sex right there.

As for position in a one man company I'd probably put something cool like 'Master and Commander'.
Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 07:12:11 pm by Pyromanik

Reply #6526 Posted: April 13, 2011, 07:01:30 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Codex

offset doesn't always beat digital. Considering plates are around 30-50 to make each (per spot or 4x for cmyk.) Some digital machines do a fantastic job, I used to do full colour on 300gsm matte and 250 coated and you couldn't tell them apart from the offset versions they replaced.

Reply #6527 Posted: April 13, 2011, 07:09:08 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Codex;1376081
offset doesn't always beat digital. Considering plates are around 30-50 to make each (per spot or 4x for cmyk.) Some digital machines do a fantastic job, I used to do full colour on 300gsm matte and 250 coated and you couldn't tell them apart from the offset versions they replaced.

Nah, this isn't offset like what you used to do, so far as I understand it.
The reason they get the price so cheap (pretty much the same as doing 200 digital) is the way in which they do it.
Every night orders are put up to wellington, where they plate up about 50 orders on one sheet, and plough out 500 sheets, cut it up and you have 50 orders of 500 cards. *(numbers used as example before you get all nitpickey).
The numbers game is where they win.

I saw the counterpart digital option and by far offset was the way to go. Espeically when it turns out cheaper.
We normally get digital cards as a stopgap while the main job is underway... and the digital always just sat in the holder as everyone is always too ashamed to hand the things out.
Though digital does heavily depend on the machine being used, so you are sorta right I guess.

Apparently printstop just got a top of the line digital machine that rivals offset... but I'm yet to inspect the difference with my own eyes.
Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 07:19:53 pm by Pyromanik

Reply #6528 Posted: April 13, 2011, 07:14:51 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
i find that media plays a bigger part than printer.

But in saying that alot of digital can't handle 350+, but a nice 270-300 with a matt/satin thin film (i forget them name, it is super thin) do look super sexy. Still need a well maintained digital machine to produce it.

Reply #6529 Posted: April 13, 2011, 08:48:15 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!

Reply #6530 Posted: April 13, 2011, 08:52:02 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Sweet deal^

Be nice to have spot colours, foils, embossing and die cut at your fingertips... To just do whatever regardless of the cost.
Kinda reeks being stuck with flat CMYK. Oh well at least you can get a good weight and laminate for under $300.

Reply #6531 Posted: April 13, 2011, 08:56:54 pm

Offline nick247

• Addicted
  • nick247 has no influence.
maybe nz is different but honestly as long at your card isnt crap then dont worry about the quality too much.

You shouldnt be selling based on the quality of your card. If that is what you think you need to tip you over the edge then you are screwed to begin with.

Reply #6532 Posted: April 14, 2011, 05:12:14 am

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Very true^

Rii's in graphic design though. The quality and design of his card will be judged very closely. It needs to be something special tbh

Reply #6533 Posted: April 14, 2011, 08:20:50 am

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
I'm surprised you guys aren't printing on bacon.

Reply #6534 Posted: April 14, 2011, 09:03:40 am
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Offline Growler

Reply #6535 Posted: April 14, 2011, 09:21:13 am
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline camy205

• Addicted
  • camy205 barely matters.camy205 barely matters.
Holy shit I sold some old computer parts and sent it off last week and the guy still hasn't got it :S

Freaking out atm.

Reply #6536 Posted: April 14, 2011, 09:25:24 am
Quote from: Craigorsarus;1484182
GetSome Thread - Generic Timeline:

- Actual Topic
 - Variation of Topic
 - Someone calls someone a retard
 - Fight
 - Actual Topic
 - Fight
 - Troll
 - Your Mum
 - You\'re*
 - TROLOLOLOLOLOLOL
 - What is this thread about?

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: Growler;1376204
like this?

Exactly.

Scratch and sniff?

Reply #6537 Posted: April 14, 2011, 09:49:09 am
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Offline Growler

Reply #6538 Posted: April 14, 2011, 10:29:14 am
Think of me like Yoda,

Codex

Quote from: camy205;1376205
Holy shit I sold some old computer parts and sent it off last week and the guy still hasn't got it :S

Freaking out atm.

track it?

Reply #6539 Posted: April 14, 2011, 10:33:32 am

Offline Emrico1

Reply #6540 Posted: April 14, 2011, 01:11:39 pm

Offline nick247

• Addicted
  • nick247 has no influence.
I could make a video like that. Except I would probably be able to do it with the kids actually in the class. They wouldnt understand what i was saying.

Hungover today. Dont have much patience for the children. The amount of times i have said "what is wrong with you????" today is unbelievable.

Reply #6541 Posted: April 14, 2011, 02:21:44 pm

Obble

Reply #6543 Posted: April 14, 2011, 07:54:11 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!

Reply #6544 Posted: April 14, 2011, 07:56:43 pm

Obble

Reply #6545 Posted: April 14, 2011, 07:58:18 pm

Offline Emrico1

Reply #6546 Posted: April 14, 2011, 09:30:28 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
http://martinjetpack.com/

Just won the jackpot, bought me a couple of these (one for reserve).

To infinity and beyond! Seeya later suckas!

Reply #6547 Posted: April 15, 2011, 01:12:05 am

Offline desertergreg

• Devoted Member
  • desertergreg has no influence.

Reply #6548 Posted: April 15, 2011, 01:11:10 pm
Quote from: Nostargate;1363344
I roofled once, it was a party.....i was young and naive.....................................

Obble

Quote from: desertergreg;1376516
whos's in charge here?

Me.

Reply #6549 Posted: April 15, 2011, 02:25:58 pm