Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Offline 5loth

• Addicted
  • 5loth has no influence.
Can anyone recommend any decent bars in Chch post-quake for quiet beers?

Reply #6625 Posted: April 19, 2011, 08:51:14 pm
sila.

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!

Reply #6626 Posted: April 19, 2011, 09:11:41 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline 5loth

• Addicted
I'm on Hills Rd but pretty easy, preferably within 5-10 minutes drive of the city.

Reply #6627 Posted: April 19, 2011, 09:13:59 pm
sila.

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Hills Rd, easy. Go to Pomeroys on the corner of Fitzgerlad and Kilmore.

Reply #6628 Posted: April 19, 2011, 09:15:07 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline 5loth

• Addicted

Reply #6630 Posted: April 19, 2011, 09:33:59 pm
sila.

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
lol, look at the quick url for that link... So close.

anyway.

I just got a chocolate oreo thickshake from maccas.

SWEEEEEEEET goodneesss

Reply #6631 Posted: April 19, 2011, 09:36:48 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Lol.. Fail spork.

EDIT: Thickshake looks so weird.

It tastes like angel semen mixed with poop.

It looks like cigarette tar crossed with bird diarrhoea.
Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 09:50:45 pm by Spork

Reply #6632 Posted: April 19, 2011, 09:37:19 pm

Offline desertergreg

• Devoted Member
  • desertergreg has no influence.
lol indeed, lol indeeed.

spork, do you actually play on the GetSome swervers?

Reply #6633 Posted: April 19, 2011, 10:26:31 pm
Quote from: Nostargate;1363344
I roofled once, it was a party.....i was young and naive.....................................

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Quote from: desertergreg;1377558
lol indeed, lol indeeed.

spork, do you actually play on the GetSome swervers?

I used to play BF2 on ICONZ a lot, then I played BC2 a bit, played COD MW1 a fair bit.

Play Minecrafto on the GetSome server a fair bit. :P

I dont game much at all though.

Reply #6634 Posted: April 19, 2011, 10:40:21 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
I've been reading a lot of novels about the medieval ages, and in all of them the kings and queens get their titles at the ages of 13-20 (well not all, but a couple).

Since when has it been the fashion for royalty to be near dead before becoming queen or king?

I'd much prefer a busty blonde than the crazy lady who 'leads' us these days.

Reply #6635 Posted: April 20, 2011, 12:05:24 am

Offline Demandred

• Game Server Admin
  • Demandred has no influence.
i think it was around the same time that there was advances in medicine so people stopped dying of leprosy / plague / gonorrhea

Reply #6636 Posted: April 20, 2011, 09:30:42 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
I am of the belief that the royal family are more of a dependency than any sort of help.

What the hell do they actually do apart from constantly show up in the news?

Reply #6637 Posted: April 20, 2011, 09:33:12 am

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: RetardoBot;1377590
I am of the belief that the royal family are more of a dependency than any sort of help.

What the hell do they actually do apart from constantly show up in the news?

I think William coming to visit New Zealand and Australia after the Earthquake was pretty cool. Plus, they do a lot of charity work.

I have no problems with them.
Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 09:43:20 am by Spacemonkey

Reply #6638 Posted: April 20, 2011, 09:39:42 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
He came to visit? So what...

I honestly scoff at how simple and white hick NZ can be. ZOMG, A MEMBER OF THE ROYAL FAMILY IS COMING IN THE MIDST OF AN EARTHQUAKE, SEEING HIS FACE WILL MAKE EVERYTHING OK!

Reply #6639 Posted: April 20, 2011, 09:43:32 am

Offline Pitchey

• Addicted
  • Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!
It made a lot of people feel better, even if just for a short time, and allowed them a bit of a "time out" from the stress of the quake and their problems so I see no problem with it.

Not everyone's cup of tea (such as Retardo) I know but still, it gave some comfort to a lot of people.

Reply #6640 Posted: April 20, 2011, 09:50:50 am

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
Fucking monarchists. It's like religion, just because it gives comfort to people doesn't make it a 'good thing'.

'Giving comfort' is only one part of the whole, and shouldn't be excised from the rest. That is, look at all they do, both the good and the bad, and the assumptions that they give comfort (I guess there is comfort in ignorance...cold comfort) and decide on a cost-benefit ratio whether it is good value or not.

I myself say 'not', because (regarding royalty) they are born into privilege and positions of power which we are meant to bow down to because of, what, their birthright?
Prince Chumps visit to Sumner was all media and notable in that he didn't go to Brighton/Bexley (oh, those poorer socio-economic areas, can't take the Prince there).

Yeah, good on him for coming over and engaging in disaster tourism, but there are few from Christchurch that I have spoken to who found it worthwhile.

"Time out from the stress of the quake." There is no time out and a visit by a representative of the House of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha (sorry: Windsor) only really succeeds in bringing it more to the fore, and accentuating the privilege some have over others.

Why does it make people feel better? To know they're the bastard children of a dead Empire that turned its back on us as soon as we had passed our use by date? To know that people of privilege do notice disasters and are willing to turn them into public relations exercises?

Nope, Monarchy is certainly not for me.

Reply #6641 Posted: April 20, 2011, 10:20:55 am
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!

Reply #6642 Posted: April 20, 2011, 10:27:20 am

Offline Pitchey

• Addicted
  • Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!
Wow, so much hate there Ngati!

So, just to throw the cat amongst the wood pigeons, do you consider Tuheitia Paki to be the same?

Reply #6643 Posted: April 20, 2011, 10:53:45 am

Offline camy205

• Addicted
  • camy205 barely matters.camy205 barely matters.
I just straight up don't care about the royal family, the last time they truely had an effect on our country is when the queen came to visit back in 1953. 39 years before I was born.

Plus all the hype on the royal wedding is making me sick to my fucking stomach.

Reply #6644 Posted: April 20, 2011, 11:05:09 am
Quote from: Craigorsarus;1484182
GetSome Thread - Generic Timeline:

- Actual Topic
 - Variation of Topic
 - Someone calls someone a retard
 - Fight
 - Actual Topic
 - Fight
 - Troll
 - Your Mum
 - You\'re*
 - TROLOLOLOLOLOLOL
 - What is this thread about?

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
Not hate as much as intense dislike.
Regarding Tuheita Paki, yes, I see him in the same light. Inherited titles, not supported by everyone and of the 'dominant' Iwi. An appropriation of cultural mores from Pakeha and severly intertwined with religion.
Nope, not my cup of tea at all.

Spork, I do like some people: I like Pyro, and Mish (after meeting him and talking to him), Jonty, Codex, Growler, Woohoo, Bitchi, and even Hori; amongst others.
I do love some people too, like Nurse, my Mum and Bro and select friends.
However, I have reservations about 'respect' and obeisance regarding Monarchy, Polticians, and Soldiers.
Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 11:14:52 am by Ngati_Grim

Reply #6645 Posted: April 20, 2011, 11:09:29 am
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

But Camy, the most important information in the news right now is how the future children of the royal subjects will be able to climb the royal ranks!

Reply #6646 Posted: April 20, 2011, 11:10:42 am

Offline camy205

• Addicted
  • camy205 barely matters.camy205 barely matters.
I thought the biggest story in the news Kate Middletons wedding dress? :)

Reply #6647 Posted: April 20, 2011, 11:14:59 am
Quote from: Craigorsarus;1484182
GetSome Thread - Generic Timeline:

- Actual Topic
 - Variation of Topic
 - Someone calls someone a retard
 - Fight
 - Actual Topic
 - Fight
 - Troll
 - Your Mum
 - You\'re*
 - TROLOLOLOLOLOLOL
 - What is this thread about?

Quote from: camy205;1377629
I thought the biggest story in the news Kate Middletons wedding dress? :)

Hell yes!

Reply #6648 Posted: April 20, 2011, 11:28:28 am

Offline 420fairy

• Mother Of Dragons

• 420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!
May i present to you a bouquet of bacon

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/1995/716738e5ff6a4e5fb4f9b6b.jpg
Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

and some noms

http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/6708/demotivationalpostersdev.jpg
Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Reply #6649 Posted: April 20, 2011, 12:22:36 pm