Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: camy205;1380669
Can't afford train ticket. Which means I can't afford to get to polytech. And my parents are in the middle of China.

WILL SUCK COCK FOR CASH.

FUCK THE POLICE.

Reply #6875 Posted: May 04, 2011, 09:44:20 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: JontyB;1380657
haha weak

good way to waste a day though, right?

Was good enough to go and get a flat.
Now tell me more about this powershop business...
Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 11:35:08 pm by Pyromanik

Reply #6876 Posted: May 04, 2011, 11:08:04 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline camy205

• Addicted
  • camy205 barely matters.camy205 barely matters.
Quote from: Emrico1;1380656
Growing up eh bro. Youth is great and all but +30 is much simpler :)

Just occured to me how much interest female nipples get and how little males do...

Sharing is caring OK.

Youth sucks, the only good thing about is that you're better looking than most people 30 years old + :)

Really weird thing happened in the last couple of days. Which has happened to me before. I've spent the last few days really depressed. Don't know why, my life is alright I just felt like crap, all I wanted to do was crawl in a hole and be left alone. So I spent the last couple of days at home playing super nintendo and now i'm fine. Has that happened to anyone else? I'm kinda creeped out that I can defeat depression that quickly lol

Reply #6877 Posted: May 05, 2011, 10:12:39 am
Quote from: Craigorsarus;1484182
GetSome Thread - Generic Timeline:

- Actual Topic
 - Variation of Topic
 - Someone calls someone a retard
 - Fight
 - Actual Topic
 - Fight
 - Troll
 - Your Mum
 - You\'re*
 - TROLOLOLOLOLOLOL
 - What is this thread about?

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.
It's not clinical depression if it lasts two days. You got sad and got over it, just like everyone else. That's normal.

Reply #6878 Posted: May 05, 2011, 12:11:15 pm
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Sometimes you just need a little cave time to sort your head out. Good work figuring that one out, took me years and years.

Enjoy every day of your youngness, because there is a fuckload of oldness thereafter.
Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 12:24:38 pm by Emrico1

Reply #6879 Posted: May 05, 2011, 12:22:17 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.
Each quarter I spend two weeks being an absolute cunt and generally a misanthrope. I bottle a lot, and I consider these periods an emptying of the bottle.

It's good for the soul.

Did a rear-screen fit on an imported, mint condition 1961 Fairlane today, fucken hot ride.

Similar to this:

Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 04:15:50 pm by Tandoori

Reply #6880 Posted: May 05, 2011, 04:13:43 pm

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: Pyromanik;1380700

I heard about that.

Congratulations!

_b

Reply #6881 Posted: May 05, 2011, 04:21:24 pm
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Pyromanik;1380700
Now tell me more about this powershop business...

grats dude

powershop = prepaid power, essentially.

Reply #6882 Posted: May 05, 2011, 04:35:51 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: JontyB;1380852
grats dude

powershop = prepaid power, essentially.

That don't answer much :/

Reply #6883 Posted: May 05, 2011, 06:46:15 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
you pay for it on their site, choose the kind of power you want, and pay for it, then use it. they supply their power from multiple power suppliers, getting you the best deal.

their site is really good to kep track of usage and prices etc

Reply #6884 Posted: May 05, 2011, 06:51:52 pm

Offline Kopfjaeger

• Addicted
  • Kopfjaeger has no influence.
Quote from: JontyB;1380875
you pay for it on their site, choose the kind of power you want, and pay for it, then use it. they supply their power from multiple power suppliers, getting you the best deal.

their site is really good to kep track of usage and prices etc

except when you shut off your Mains for 3 days and they still say you used 7 units :/

Reply #6885 Posted: May 05, 2011, 07:06:02 pm

Offline Pyromanik

What if I can't be arsed with all that checking and prebuying shit?

Reply #6886 Posted: May 05, 2011, 07:12:22 pm

Offline Kopfjaeger

• Addicted
  • Kopfjaeger has no influence.
Quote from: Pyromanik;1380877
What if I can't be arsed with all that checking and prebuying shit?

just set it to automatic and never look at it again

Reply #6887 Posted: May 05, 2011, 07:16:05 pm

Offline Speakman

Quote from: Kopfjaeger;1380878
just set it to automatic and never look at it again

this. if your place has an electronic meter, you don't have to enter readings and it will look after itself

Reply #6888 Posted: May 05, 2011, 07:21:52 pm

Offline Pyromanik

Unsure.
Oh the complexities of growing up.
Every interwebs in the country is retard.
Powercompanies all wanna fuck me in the anus.
At least with the gas I only have one option.

Reply #6889 Posted: May 05, 2011, 07:53:57 pm

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.

Reply #6890 Posted: May 05, 2011, 08:11:44 pm
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
It's strange how different the water system in NZ is to Aus.

Although I did just get a $1300 water bill for my last segment.... (Currently under investigation as my water meter has been unreadable for the last few months which we have previously complained about but it hasn't been fixed - and therefore I'm not sure how it was read).

Reply #6891 Posted: May 05, 2011, 08:55:58 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
I am now a gainfully employed Graphic Designer.

First day has left me legless, and I sat at a computer all day.

Love it.

Reply #6892 Posted: May 05, 2011, 09:18:05 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.

Reply #6893 Posted: May 05, 2011, 09:23:48 pm

Offline Speakman

Reply #6894 Posted: May 05, 2011, 09:28:27 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

I hope I'm employed anyway, haha

Got given some test projects to do, and then I get an email this morning asking if I waned to come in and work due to the other designer taking a sick day.

I'm just waiting for the obvious "you have the job".

Reply #6895 Posted: May 05, 2011, 09:37:37 pm

Offline TofuEater

• TofuEater barely matters.TofuEater barely matters.
OK - tomorrow night, what time and where? I have to go for dinndinns at 6:30pm :(

Reply #6896 Posted: May 05, 2011, 10:17:08 pm
Quote from: Fran O\'Sullivan
The best thing about Finance Minister Bill English\'s latest Budget is that it does finally signal a much greater role for the private sector in the New Zealand economy. And another step along the way to extract this country from the political cul-de-sac in which Helen Clark\'s Labour Government parked us.

Offline Pyromanik

Unsure. Finish work at 5, don't tend to get home until about 6 because of traffic, so your timeline is just a little silly :/
Work in Victoria St, and there is a bar that's open down the road.
Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 10:56:07 pm by Pyromanik

Reply #6897 Posted: May 05, 2011, 10:55:15 pm

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!
I'll be working sorry dude. won't be finished until about 2am

@pyro.

YOu don;t have to prepay powershop at all. They just debit our credit card once a month. We get around 10 days notice of this if we wish to pay by some other method.

The prepay option is that they sometimes have specials and you can buy "packs" of power at a cheaper rate which just goes toward your usage.

They send weekly emails that look like this

They have been extremely good to deal with

Reply #6898 Posted: May 05, 2011, 10:57:24 pm

Blackwatch Off Topic - Abandon hope all ye who enter here

Offline Pyromanik

Sounds good, cheers Woohoo :)

So they don't really have 'plans' like other powerco's?
I dunno what I should be on, never used power before (by myself). I don't imagine much, but I don't know what 'much' is... :/
Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 07:44:55 am by Pyromanik

Reply #6899 Posted: May 06, 2011, 07:29:03 am