Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Hey Jonty could you please quote this post! I just got married and it would really make my life so much better if someone whom I don't even know makes a post about it on the internet!

Reply #7000 Posted: May 13, 2011, 09:54:18 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!

Reply #7001 Posted: May 13, 2011, 09:56:04 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Spork;1383256

Seriously?

Damn that is hick.

Jonty, how goes it on the job front?

Reply #7002 Posted: May 13, 2011, 10:24:27 pm

Offline nick247

• Addicted
  • nick247 has no influence.
Quote from: JontyB;1383284
Im quoting this so that everyone I know knows you lold

He is also subtly saying how cool he is that he follows codex and that he can quote codex (personally i would aim a little higher, but each to their own)

Reply #7003 Posted: May 13, 2011, 10:32:23 pm

Offline vedds

• Devoted Member
  • vedds has no influence.
so anyway, Im moving to chch in 6 weeks, looking for somehwere to live (dont want to kick out the tenant - hes a mate and good at paying rent) what do i need to know before looking for a house?

Was planning to buy another place but quite keen to hold off for a year or so to see whether things settle down, not sure whether to flat for 12 months or just get a pad to myself. Thinking somewhere in the pap/stalbans area. should i reconsider? I just kind of get the feeling there are probably lots of indicators of a bad spot that will stick out like dogs balls to someone that been down there over the last 8 months that ill miss and dont want to get caught out...

Reply #7004 Posted: May 13, 2011, 10:35:10 pm

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Quote from: nick247;1383275
Isnt twitter pretty much what we already do here but vastly more brainless.

Arent reposts pretty much the quote function with an implied smiley underneath?

Nah, you can follow game devs, sports people, movie makers and people that are interesting, often offering links. My old man froths on the Formula One updates while watching the race.
I use twitter, it's not really social networking at all for me more rss. Problem is, people use and think it is social networking...

Reply #7005 Posted: May 13, 2011, 11:25:22 pm

Offline TofuEater

• TofuEater barely matters.TofuEater barely matters.
Christchurch Earthquake, Auckland Tornado........... need i go on?

Reply #7006 Posted: May 14, 2011, 06:17:32 am
Quote from: Fran O\'Sullivan
The best thing about Finance Minister Bill English\'s latest Budget is that it does finally signal a much greater role for the private sector in the New Zealand economy. And another step along the way to extract this country from the political cul-de-sac in which Helen Clark\'s Labour Government parked us.

Codex

Quote from: vedds;1383296
so anyway, Im moving to chch in 6 weeks, looking for somehwere to live (dont want to kick out the tenant - hes a mate and good at paying rent) what do i need to know before looking for a house?

Was planning to buy another place but quite keen to hold off for a year or so to see whether things settle down, not sure whether to flat for 12 months or just get a pad to myself. Thinking somewhere in the pap/stalbans area. should i reconsider? I just kind of get the feeling there are probably lots of indicators of a bad spot that will stick out like dogs balls to someone that been down there over the last 8 months that ill miss and dont want to get caught out...

If it's anything like us you'll be looking for a while lol

Reply #7007 Posted: May 14, 2011, 09:02:46 am

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: JontyB;1383266
HEY. blue steel is a legitimate way to bring back the firmness to your suffering member!

Blue steel.
Sounds like an ointment for the purple thunderstick.

Reply #7008 Posted: May 14, 2011, 01:04:13 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: TofuEater;1383320
Christchurch Earthquake, Auckland Tornado........... need i go on?

Please do.

Reply #7009 Posted: May 14, 2011, 01:05:09 pm

Offline bitchimom

• Just settled in
  • bitchimom has no influence.
Quote from: vedds;1383296

Pap/St Albans area is not generally munted... not like Avonside, Bexley, Heathcote...
You will struggle to find something that isn't damaged in some way, and getting insurance won't be easy for a while yet. Not sure if the insurance companies are writing many new policies, altho if you're an existing customer it may be fine.

Finding nice/habitable rentals is also difficult, there are many people looking and not so many places to choose from. Undamaged properties are a bit like hen's teeth. However most of us locals are now instant geotech experts/building inspectors, and can tell a munted house from a slightly dodgy one with a cursory glance ;)

my advice would be to wait a while before purchasing... but on the other hand, you might find a bargain... a doer-upper with great indoor/outdoor flow :p

Reply #7010 Posted: May 14, 2011, 01:30:55 pm
bitchimom: dirrrrrty girl racer

earthquake refugee since aaaages ago
http://www.rebuildshakeytown.blogspot.com

Offline Pyromanik

Quote from: bitchimom;1383383
Finding nice/habitable rentals is also difficult, there are many people looking and not so many places to choose from

Not in my experiecnce.
Well, then again I don't know how many people there are looking for flats inside previous areas of the cordon...

Reply #7011 Posted: May 15, 2011, 02:12:08 am

Offline camy205

• Addicted
  • camy205 barely matters.camy205 barely matters.
damn it is raining hard! driving home from work at 7am was dangerous!

Reply #7012 Posted: May 15, 2011, 08:32:13 am
Quote from: Craigorsarus;1484182
GetSome Thread - Generic Timeline:

- Actual Topic
 - Variation of Topic
 - Someone calls someone a retard
 - Fight
 - Actual Topic
 - Fight
 - Troll
 - Your Mum
 - You\'re*
 - TROLOLOLOLOLOLOL
 - What is this thread about?

Offline TofuEater

• TofuEater barely matters.TofuEater barely matters.
Quote from: Pyromanik;1383371
Please do.
It was a reply to why Twitter is useful. I forgot to quote. I should have put in the Operation against Osama as well - that was Twitter gold!

Reply #7013 Posted: May 15, 2011, 03:51:16 pm
Quote from: Fran O\'Sullivan
The best thing about Finance Minister Bill English\'s latest Budget is that it does finally signal a much greater role for the private sector in the New Zealand economy. And another step along the way to extract this country from the political cul-de-sac in which Helen Clark\'s Labour Government parked us.

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Quote from: camy205;1383522
damn it is raining hard! driving home from work at 7am was dangerous!

Damn I hate that, A few years back I was driving my ex to one of her Volleyball games, and it was absolutely fucketing down, and this was only just after I'd bought my new car, so I didn't know how to get the cold air onto the windscreen, so I was trying to figure it out while playing around with the knobs, and trying to see through this shit arse weather, and drove straight through an intersection on red lights.... Was quite a busy intersection (small but lots of cars pass through it), but luckily in just those few seconds no cars had even entered the intersection.

Then there's just the times when there's so much rain that you can't see where the lane markings are so it turns into 'follow the person driving in front of you!'

Reply #7014 Posted: May 15, 2011, 04:55:43 pm

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!
I was off work for a few months last year with a disc prolapse that required surgery. Now I've popped the fucker again with a re-prolapse and will be off work for a while until its fixed.

ACC again, and the next month or 2 at least on codeine and hurting.

Apologies in advance if I am even grumpier than usual.

*&*^&*)&^)*^&*)&

/end rant

Reply #7015 Posted: May 16, 2011, 10:26:38 am

Blackwatch Off Topic - Abandon hope all ye who enter here

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!

Reply #7016 Posted: May 16, 2011, 12:55:55 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Oh mate, that fucking sucks!

If you need man power for shifting/lifting just yell.

Reply #7017 Posted: May 16, 2011, 01:08:14 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Kopfjaeger

• Addicted
  • Kopfjaeger has no influence.
Quote from: Dr Woomanchu;1383686
I was off work for a few months last year with a disc prolapse that required surgery. Now I've popped the fucker again with a re-prolapse and will be off work for a while until its fixed.

feel your pain, i ruptured L5/L6 back on 03', put up with it for a year before going under the knife.  hang on to that glorious feeling when you wake from surgery and the 'shank' has been pulled from your leg.  btw who is your surgeon ?

Reply #7018 Posted: May 16, 2011, 02:28:16 pm

Offline SteddieEddie

• Addicted
  • SteddieEddie barely matters.SteddieEddie barely matters.
that sucks woohoo, hope it isn't as bad as the last time.

You might want to change your avatar, she might do her back in also

Reply #7019 Posted: May 16, 2011, 02:48:38 pm

Offline Pitchey

• Addicted
  • Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!
She's fitted with counter-weights though.

Sry to hear that Woohoo, hope the morphine I've sent helps!

Reply #7020 Posted: May 16, 2011, 02:53:53 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.
Finished up my job at Thrifty on Wednesday, went into Windscreen place today to hand in my contract and then it's 'soz, national boss has limited our staffing budget, no job for you kthx'.

That's life,
Riding high in April,
Shot down in May.

Reply #7021 Posted: May 16, 2011, 03:50:59 pm

Offline zolteg

• Devoted Member
  • zolteg has no influence.
Quote from: Hori88;1383760
Finished up my job at Thrifty on Wednesday, went into Windscreen place today to hand in my contract and then it's 'soz, national boss has limited our staffing budget, no job for you kthx'.

That's life,
Riding high in April,
Shot down in May.

Hmm.  Hello Mr Employment Lawyer.  Whaddya think of this story.....

Reply #7022 Posted: May 16, 2011, 04:29:23 pm

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Quote from: zolteg;1383768
Hmm.  Hello Mr Employment Lawyer.  Whaddya think of this story.....

Good point! Do it man, that's bullshit treatment.

Reply #7023 Posted: May 16, 2011, 05:37:00 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!

Reply #7024 Posted: May 18, 2011, 05:23:11 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!