Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Quote from: Pyromanik;1386950
Did someone just watch the hangover 2?

(I haven't seen it yet, but that sounds oddly similar to the first one)

Yeah, I lold.

It may or may not scar you but enjoyable just the same.

*shudder

Reply #7175 Posted: May 30, 2011, 07:11:30 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!

Reply #7176 Posted: May 30, 2011, 08:06:13 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Quote from: Growler;1386973
New rig running

Is it epicsauce? Have you squirtled all over the screen in joy?

Reply #7177 Posted: May 30, 2011, 08:09:06 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Emrico1;1386963
Yeah, I lold.

It may or may not scar you but enjoyable just the same.

*shudder

Yeh I was skipping through TV channels the other day and I caught one question in an interview with the main characters: "Was there a real penis on set?"

I kept skipping.

Also, Growler would wartortle more than a squirtle.
I mean, bacon is good for building pork swords, right?

Reply #7178 Posted: May 30, 2011, 11:30:58 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Crap movie tbh, half smiled once.. and not sure if that was to do with the film.

Reply #7179 Posted: May 30, 2011, 11:32:01 pm

Offline DeeUnit

• Devoted Member
  • DeeUnit has no influence.

Reply #7180 Posted: May 30, 2011, 11:54:06 pm
I got 99 problems but bein\' a bitch ain\'t one.

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.
Handed in my application for the Police some time ago, so been training hard (although apparently not as hard as I should be). Just finished a 7km run. Running sucks.

Reply #7181 Posted: May 31, 2011, 12:26:13 am

Offline Pitchey

• Addicted
  • Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!

Reply #7182 Posted: May 31, 2011, 12:48:55 am

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.
No one can see me. I think I prefer it that way.

Reply #7183 Posted: May 31, 2011, 01:05:32 am

Offline Pitchey

• Addicted
  • Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!

Reply #7184 Posted: May 31, 2011, 07:40:29 am

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Emrico1;1386975
Is it epicsauce? Have you squirtled all over the screen in joy?

Yes, playing BFBC2 was like playing a new game! Will try Dirt 3 tonight, or maybe try OCing the CPU a little more, I need to find out what to change and what good temps are for the GPU and CPU

Reply #7185 Posted: May 31, 2011, 09:03:44 am
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Anything below 70.C on load for the GPU is fine. To be honest it could hit 80.C and still be fine.

Once upon a time it was common for GPu's to hit 100.C+

Oh, and all my shit is waiting for me at the depots.

WOOOT.

Reply #7186 Posted: May 31, 2011, 09:09:16 am

Offline MrBurNZ

• Devoted Member
  • MrBurNZ barely matters.MrBurNZ barely matters.
Quote from: Growler;1386318
Final build is.

i5 2500k
z68x-ud4-b3
2x4gb 1600 CL8 Ripjaws
Corsair 650w modular
Sapphire 6950 2gb
60gb OCZ paired with 500gb WD black for SRT
Coolermaster V6GT cpu cooling unit
Coolermaster 690 II advanced with the pretty window

all up was $2017 inclusive of GST.

Nice setup, similar to mine except I have crappy RAM and a 6870. What's your boot time for Win 7 with the fancy new HDD?
Even with the upgrade Brink seems to run like shit.
Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 11:25:30 am by MrBurNZ

Reply #7187 Posted: May 31, 2011, 11:22:31 am
BF3 = MrBoourNZ

Offline Emrico1

Quote from: Growler;1387051
Yes, playing BFBC2 was like playing a new game! Will try Dirt 3 tonight, or maybe try OCing the CPU a little more, I need to find out what to change and what good temps are for the GPU and CPU

In my limited noob experience of OCing, I feel your are better to run with a bit of a temperature buffer (not quite max OC) so you don't need to fiddle with the settings on hot days or if you crank the heater up. From what I recall, don't let your CPU get over 75 degrees and if it is running anywhere near that on testing use, back the clock off. Just to make sure your CPU lives a long life...

Quote from: RetardoBot;1387054
Anything below 70.C on load for the GPU is fine. To be honest it could hit 80.C and still be fine.

Once upon a time it was common for GPu's to hit 100.C+

Oh, and all my shit is waiting for me at the depots.

WOOOT.

Build clip for youtubes? I like to watch :D

Reply #7188 Posted: May 31, 2011, 11:55:21 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!

Reply #7189 Posted: May 31, 2011, 11:56:21 am

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
submitted the last of my coursework this morning, came home with a shiny new diploma. feels good man

Reply #7190 Posted: May 31, 2011, 02:12:59 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Quote from: Emrico1;1387084
In my limited noob experience of OCing, I feel your are better to run with a bit of a temperature buffer (not quite max OC) so you don't need to fiddle with the settings on hot days or if you crank the heater up. From what I recall, don't let your CPU get over 75 degrees and if it is running anywhere near that on testing use, back the clock off. Just to make sure your CPU lives a long life..

CPU over 75? Holy fuck really? I don't let my i7-860 get over 40 (usually sits around 25-30) but I guess maybe these new sandy vag processors can take the heat or something??

Awesome news Jonty!

Reply #7191 Posted: May 31, 2011, 02:15:30 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Goood shit, Jonty.

Up and up.

Did you ever hear back about the job interview?

Also, stressful lunch was stressful. Dog is at home in stitches because she tried to jump our new 7FT fence. GF is in bed with mega-cramps and I ended up taking a 1hr 15min lunch to which my boss is probably not pleased about.

PC parts are at home waiting for me which is a positive.

Reply #7192 Posted: May 31, 2011, 02:20:14 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: RetardoBot;1387111
Goood shit, Jonty.

Up and up.

Did you ever hear back about the job interview?

It was a no go, but from the email they sent me it seemed like a tough decision

I have a solid piece of paper behind me now, and soon some industry quals (once i can get the cash)

Reply #7193 Posted: May 31, 2011, 02:24:21 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Stinkfist.

It appears that you have a good attitude about it though.

Kickass.

Reply #7194 Posted: May 31, 2011, 02:31:56 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!

Reply #7195 Posted: May 31, 2011, 07:07:53 pm

Offline Emrico1

Quote from: Spork;1387110
CPU over 75? Holy fuck really? I don't let my i7-860 get over 40 (usually sits around 25-30) but I guess maybe these new sandy vag processors can take the heat or something??

Perhaps I didn't write it very clearly. 75 is absolute max and don't go anywhere near it... Ever.  top out at 45-50 under extreme stress tests maybe. Afaik (which is not much).

Also, made salsa then rubbed chilli into my eye stupidly. Man, me and searing pain aren't too good together.

Reply #7196 Posted: May 31, 2011, 07:17:31 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted

Reply #7197 Posted: May 31, 2011, 07:19:01 pm

Offline bitchimom

• Just settled in
  • bitchimom has no influence.
yep... it sure was a purrrty sunset tonight.

nice pic :)

Reply #7198 Posted: May 31, 2011, 08:06:28 pm
bitchimom: dirrrrrty girl racer

earthquake refugee since aaaages ago
http://www.rebuildshakeytown.blogspot.com

Offline Pyromanik

Reply #7199 Posted: May 31, 2011, 08:07:52 pm