Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Offline TofuEater

• TofuEater barely matters.TofuEater barely matters.
Bought myself an iphone4 today - fucken awesome, i wish i'd got it last year instead of just before the release of the 5. :P

Reply #7200 Posted: May 31, 2011, 10:31:12 pm
Quote from: Fran O\'Sullivan
The best thing about Finance Minister Bill English\'s latest Budget is that it does finally signal a much greater role for the private sector in the New Zealand economy. And another step along the way to extract this country from the political cul-de-sac in which Helen Clark\'s Labour Government parked us.

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Yea, my 3gs is about to run out of contract, so I'll be going prepaid until the 5 comes out. I know it's all consumerist whore shit, but I don't give a crap, I like my iphone 3gs, so I will buy the iphone 5 once it comes out.

Reply #7201 Posted: May 31, 2011, 10:54:54 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Pyromanik;1387166
How's your new job going Re?

Going great. Hard work but great.

God computers have changed since the last time I built one.

I ended up installing the heatsink upside down, FML. Everything is going well though.

yet to try and games, maybe tomorrow.

Reply #7202 Posted: May 31, 2011, 11:11:27 pm

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.
Quote from: RetardoBot;1387232
Going great. Hard work but great.

God computers have changed since the last time I built one.

I ended up installing the heatsink upside down, FML. Everything is going well though.

yet to try and games, maybe tomorrow.

Yeah mate, the fins point upwards these days.

Reply #7203 Posted: May 31, 2011, 11:52:28 pm
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
yeh Re, unsure how you manage to get bolt side up??

On the other hand, you would be proud. I've been some insanely sulphuric farts all morning :<

Reply #7204 Posted: June 01, 2011, 08:10:39 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
the Coolermaster V6GT can be mounted 4 diff ways. I also did it wrong the 1st time and had to remount >.<

is The witcher 2 worth the 16GB backup to hold a copy for Atari in case of a fire?

Reply #7205 Posted: June 01, 2011, 08:33:17 am
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
G-dawg.

I'll courier you my copy of Witcher 2. Bought the premier edition. I'll install it then ship it off (if only to save you 16GB of back up time).

I re-seated the V6GT this morning. Christ all-mighty, what was going through the heads of the engineers when they dreamt up this thing. It's huge and so freaking fiddly, started to freak out that I bought the wrong one due to no 1155 config. Turned out 1156 worked, just took a bit of convincing.

Cable management did my fucking head in. The 6 pin mobo power connector is right at the top left and my PSU's cable for that only JUST made it because of the right angle turn it had to make when using the cable management feature.

Abosultey FUCKING love the external plug + play SATA tray, so fucking convenient for me and my 7 bare HDD's full of back-ups.

SO HOOOOOOG. CPU was idiling at 19.C last night though which is sexy.

Bloody LOL'd at the button that changes the colour of the LED. Just got to figure out what direction the fans are going. I want the right fan to suck, and the left to blow.

And a HOLY FUCK the PSU came in one of the most excessive boxes ever. A giant pouch/bag for all the cables and a freakin' micro-fibre satchel for the PSU itself. WTF.
Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 09:34:57 am by Retardobot

Reply #7206 Posted: June 01, 2011, 09:27:48 am

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Quote from: RetardoBot;1387277
I re-seated the V6GT this morning. Christ all-mighty, what was going through the heads of the engineers when they dreamt up this thing. It's huge and so freaking fiddly, started to freak out that I bought the wrong one due to no 1155 config. Turned out 1156 worked, just took a bit of convincing.

Man, ever since my grapple with a thermalright 120 thingamee I'll buy push pull install ones from now on :)

She can help install for you

Y U NO Steam at work :?
Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 09:37:32 am by Emrico1

Reply #7207 Posted: June 01, 2011, 09:35:21 am

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!

Reply #7208 Posted: June 01, 2011, 09:38:56 am

Blackwatch Off Topic - Abandon hope all ye who enter here

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

I'm allowed breaks, but I don't want to be seen using IM programs.

Not until I'm super comfortable with the boss. I'm still trying to impress him.

That chick would make a good heatsink,

As in, I would sink my heat into her. LOLOLOLOLOL.

SHINY DICKS PREVAIL.

P.S The Thermalright 120 was a breeze compared to the CM V6GT (IMO).

Reply #7209 Posted: June 01, 2011, 09:39:49 am

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
yeah it was a fiddly cunt, but damn it looks great in that case with a 6950, the black mobo, blue ram.

Yeah getting the 8 plug to the top left was a bitch for my fat fingers, and the fan connectors. Havong never really built a high end rig before with all the toys, I don't really have anything to compare it too in build time. But I'd say I was from box open to power up in about 3 hours, that includes all the cable management, tiedowns etc.

Would love to hold an offsite backup of Witcher for you Rii, when I send it back I will fire Dirt 3 backup to you (7gbish)

Reply #7210 Posted: June 01, 2011, 09:49:47 am
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Growler

Oh i OC'd the 2500k to 4.4ghz in the Bios yesterday Rii, idles at round 22°, playing BFBC2 everything maxed it didn't go above 36° ambient in the room would of been 20-22°. Hasn't missed a beat, stable as The Christchurch Catherdral, nope The Hotel Grand Channcellor nope, a building that isint quake damaged!

I used the Sapphire trixx utility and OC'd the gcard to 840/1300 to test it. Set a manual fan control in trixx too and it kept my gpu at 60° under full load with fans running at about 50%

Reply #7211 Posted: June 01, 2011, 09:53:30 am
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!
Dunno why you OC. you already got superfast shit. Save the OC until you wanna upgrade but don't have the dosh

Reply #7212 Posted: June 01, 2011, 09:55:38 am

Offline Growler

Dirt 3 High settings Avg 108 fps. Ultra setting avg 65 fps. This is using the in game test.

Reply #7213 Posted: June 01, 2011, 09:55:58 am
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Quote from: Growler;1387288
yeah it was a fiddly cunt, but damn it looks great in that case with a 6950, the black mobo, blue ram.

Yeah getting the 8 plug to the top left was a bitch for my fat fingers, and the fan connectors. Havong never really built a high end rig before with all the toys, I don't really have anything to compare it too in build time. But I'd say I was from box open to power up in about 3 hours, that includes all the cable management, tiedowns etc.

Would love to hold an offsite backup of Witcher for you Rii, when I send it back I will fire Dirt 3 backup to you (7gbish)

OH GOD THE FAN CONNECTORS.

Me too, got home at half 5; it was 9 before I had an OS on.

PM me your address and I'll ping it off tomorrow on a courier. Work is right next to a post office, WOOT.

When I get hoem today I'm going to unlock the shaders and try out some OC'ing on the CPU.

Oh, and I'd like to buy some more fans as well, so much space for fans!

Reply #7214 Posted: June 01, 2011, 10:03:13 am

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.
So in wake of being shafted, I have got myself a sweet little 1 month contract for the Iwi. Easy work, good money. And better yet, I get to go into the Red Zone to recover stuff - hopefully providing me with a good opportunity to snap some flicks of Hereford St.

Reply #7215 Posted: June 01, 2011, 10:53:20 am

Offline Menial

• Addicted
  • Menial is working their way up.Menial is working their way up.Menial is working their way up.
Quote from: Dr Woomanchu;1387282
Oh god its 9.38am and I am already bored :(
I hear that :(

Reply #7216 Posted: June 01, 2011, 10:56:12 am

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Hori88;1387314
So in wake of being shafted, I have got myself a sweet little 1 month contract for the Iwi. Easy work, good money. And better yet, I get to go into the Red Zone to recover stuff - hopefully providing me with a good opportunity to snap some flicks of Hereford St.

In particular you should focus on Mickey Finns.

Reply #7217 Posted: June 01, 2011, 11:37:47 am

Offline Dr Woomanchu

I've driven through far too often. It's not pleasant

Reply #7218 Posted: June 01, 2011, 12:02:19 pm

Offline Pyromanik

Hooray.
Snap have stopped my internet service.

I've been a customer for all of a week and a half, and today it looks like I've been cut off for not paying a bill I don't have (nor should I have after only a bloody week of service IMO). Yesterday account balance was naught, today it's -$55 and I've been disconnected.

Also, website usage meter says I've not used a single byte of data, and similarly I've never been charged a thing (on the payments screen). I've no emails in my designated email address nor my snap email.

Snap!
WINNING in spectacular style.

Reply #7219 Posted: June 01, 2011, 01:17:32 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Reply #7220 Posted: June 01, 2011, 01:19:48 pm

Offline Pyromanik

At least this time it's actually MY isp.

I've devoured my whole massive sandwich. Still on hold. I think lunch is officially over for me.

Reply #7221 Posted: June 01, 2011, 01:26:11 pm

Offline Pitchey

• Addicted
  • Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!

Reply #7222 Posted: June 01, 2011, 01:29:10 pm

Offline Pyromanik

this just in:
Apparently there's nothing wrong, SNAP just forgot to actually start billing me. Internet should be fine.

In actual fact my account balance is showing a credit of 55, then a debit of 55 on the same line, making the balance zero.

"But your internet should be fine, you need to troubleshoot your modem at your house."

MODEM SET UP CORRECTLY LADY, STOP BRUSHING ME OFF.
You expect me to believe it's a 100% coincidence that the instant you start my billing cycle the internet turns off?
Or rather you can't see that it might not be?
YOU FUCKED SOMETHING UP, JUST SAY SORRY AND ACTUALLY HAVE SOMEONE WITH HALF A CLUE LOOK AT IT INSTEAD OF JUST TELLING ME WHAT YOUR COMPUTER SCREEN SAYS

Reply #7223 Posted: June 01, 2011, 01:31:50 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
trolololol. snap is usually pretty good with their phone guys, you must have got one of their fresh recruits

Reply #7224 Posted: June 01, 2011, 01:35:14 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity