Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Unfortunately these idiots are only trained to deal with idiots.

When someone rings who has a better understanding of the equipment than they do, they suddenly appear to have no idea how to handle you. No fault of the operator, they just don't get trained properly.

Reply #7225 Posted: June 01, 2011, 01:35:45 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
we had a fair bit of contact with snap in my course (their office and call centre are two properties down the road). while thats probably true of most ISPs, snaps training program and procedures in the call centre are surprisingly good.

they did just have a fresh intake of operators start last week, i'm willing to bet you were dealing with one of those

also: stop trying to start fights rii HERP DERP stoopid oddball
Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 01:50:19 pm by Speakman

Reply #7226 Posted: June 01, 2011, 01:47:50 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Oh totally.

I'm a reg. school yard bully.

Gimmie your lunch muniez.

Reply #7227 Posted: June 01, 2011, 02:07:17 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Yeh, most likely a FOB.
The worst part is that she would repeat herself, indicating that she wasn't actually even listening to my answers or questions... just pre-empting and giving a derpfaced response.

Wanted to try and ring home to get the GF to sort out my modem. Well I know for sure that things are only going to get worse like that.
BECAUSE THINGS WORK FINE, YOU MAKE A CHANGE AT YOUR END AND THINGS STOP WORKING. HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT I DID SOMETHING WRONG WHEN NOTHING HAS CHANGED AT MY END AT ALL!?

"Yeah your service is fine, there's just no connection from your house"
No shit sherlock. But configuration is not wrong or I wouldn't have previously had internet.

Worst part is that now I have to repeat the process when I get home. *sigh*
Hopefully the freshy's shift will have finished by then.
Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 02:11:38 pm by Pyromanik

Reply #7228 Posted: June 01, 2011, 02:08:01 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Just lost all the RWC work due to underhand tactics and dodgy people.

Reply #7229 Posted: June 01, 2011, 02:09:56 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Enragement.

"had earthquake, he doesn't need your money, the government is giving him handouts."
and/or
"had earthquake, he can't do your work. When he says he can he's obviously bluffing."
?

WEDNESDAY -> RAGEDAY.

I've got some guy trying to rip me off too. Emails me direct telling me that apparently I'm the one who's going to set up his site.
Only he hasn't CC'd the boss and the boss hasn't mentioned it.

Translation:
"Oh hai, please spend 2-5 hours of your time learning how to use my softwares and setting up my site. Oh, and I'm not paying for this."

Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 02:19:04 pm by Pyromanik

Reply #7230 Posted: June 01, 2011, 02:13:03 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!

Reply #7231 Posted: June 01, 2011, 02:19:37 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Quote from: Growler;1387389
Just lost all the RWC work due to underhand tactics and dodgy people.

Oh shit bro.

Not cool.

Other printing outlets giving you a bad rep and saying they can do it cheaper?

Reply #7232 Posted: June 01, 2011, 02:21:17 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Nah, stone walled by politics. I don't mind losing work when it's fair. But this is all back scratching. The stupid thing is at the end of the day it's costing them more (which in reality is us the taxpayer) when they look at the whole picture.

Tis ok, just be nice to have added it to my CV.

Currently in discussions with a PR firm in Welly for a nationwide campaign (RWC related) and also discussing some work with a local artist worth about $120k/yr. So things are looking good really if I can nail a few of those.

Reply #7233 Posted: June 01, 2011, 02:41:16 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Reply #7234 Posted: June 01, 2011, 02:47:37 pm

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Circle sucking cock jerkers

I decided today was not for working, surfed played grid, did a bit of cleaning then BAM HUGE LOAD OF WOOD ARRIVES.

Two hours later it's stacked and I'm fucked.

Reply #7235 Posted: June 01, 2011, 05:28:26 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.

Reply #7236 Posted: June 01, 2011, 05:30:31 pm

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
I was definately having a few minecraft moments :D

Man, I could have made a giant wooden dick out the front if RL = Minecraft

Reply #7237 Posted: June 01, 2011, 05:32:12 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.
What's a troop's recipe for treacherous times?
I tell 'em fast cars, danger, fire and knives.

Reply #7238 Posted: June 01, 2011, 06:00:39 pm

Offline Kopfjaeger

• Addicted
  • Kopfjaeger has no influence.
Quote from: Emrico1;1387450
Circle sucking cock jerkers

I decided today was not for working, surfed played grid, did a bit of cleaning then BAM HUGE LOAD OF WOOD ARRIVES.

Two hours later it's stacked and I'm fucked.

hear that, i spent yesterday running in 5 chainsaws dropping about a dozen 30yr old pine trees, my back feels like its been kicked by a horse

Reply #7239 Posted: June 01, 2011, 07:20:21 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Nice fucking work...

I bought the wrong ATi 6950.

No one told me it had to be a reference model that has a BIOS switch.

Reply #7240 Posted: June 01, 2011, 07:26:39 pm

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.
You mean you did not do sufficient research to realise that?

Reply #7241 Posted: June 01, 2011, 07:27:19 pm
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>

Offline Growler

you should still be sweet mate from what I have read.

what's the exact model you have again?

Reply #7242 Posted: June 01, 2011, 07:30:03 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Quote from: matt88nz;1387484
You mean you did not do sufficient research to realise that?

My research was asking GetSome what card I needed to make the flash.

I was told that all I needed was the 2Gb model.

Reply #7243 Posted: June 01, 2011, 07:34:12 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Quote from: Growler;1387486
you should still be sweet mate from what I have read.

what's the exact model you have again?

I've read threads where people have met failure trying to flash this model of card.

Have yet to try.

I hope CL will let me swap it :\

Reply #7244 Posted: June 01, 2011, 07:34:52 pm

Offline Growler

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5055[/ATTACH]

you only gain a little amount with the shader unlock

BUT your car supposedly OC's to 6970 clocks without missing a beat I have read. Better than reference models

Tough call to make mate, 6 1 way, half dozen the other. Personally, I would keep it for the sake of 4 fps not OC'd.....??? But have a quieter more stable card?

Sorry Bro, I thought it was the FLEX model which has the bios switch. The whole thing is so fucking confusing.

Reply #7245 Posted: June 01, 2011, 07:41:39 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline trololololo

• Just settled in
  • trololololo barely matters.trololololo barely matters.
Quote from: RetardoBot;1387277
G-dawg.

I'll courier you my copy of Witcher 2. Bought the premier edition. I'll install it then ship it off (if only to save you 16GB of back up time).

I've got witcher 2 downloaded am local to growler and and happy to drive over, the steam version
Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 08:24:07 pm by trololololo

Reply #7246 Posted: June 01, 2011, 07:48:23 pm

Offline trololololo

• Just settled in
  • trololololo barely matters.trololololo barely matters.
I brought back some factory sealed star wars lego from england as carry on luggage; Heathrow, Dubai, Bangkok and Christchurch customs where just happy to x-ray the box, but Sydney had to open it even after scanning to, they thought that it may contain a real gun because one of the characters on box had a lego gun.  What a bunch of morons.

Reply #7247 Posted: June 01, 2011, 07:56:10 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Hah^

Just emailed CL.

Hopefully they let me return it/swap it.

If not, maybe they'll let me pay the difference to buy a better specc'd card.

Reply #7248 Posted: June 01, 2011, 08:09:48 pm

Offline Emrico1

Quote from: RetardoBot;1387499
Hah^

Just emailed CL.

Hopefully they let me return it/swap it.

If not, maybe they'll let me pay the difference to buy a better specc'd card.

Bugger!

I hope they let you swap...

I am sitting here with the full smugness of a dude who just cooked an epic meal, just for me.
Chicken Parmagana with grilled mushrooms and beans and streaky bacon (of course).
Made the chicken shnitz Parmas from scratch and the salsa from the other day.
Nom nom nommed myself silly...
Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 09:10:52 pm by Emrico1

Reply #7249 Posted: June 01, 2011, 09:08:04 pm