Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Codex

lol no not I, my tm username is obvious. I avoid trademe as much as possible, except when looking for cars

tempted to get crowesport to source one for me since they're actually reliable

Reply #725 Posted: October 03, 2010, 03:55:35 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: toofast;1316770
Quote from: Pyromanik;1316722
Quote from: toofast;1316713
Quote from: Pyromanik;1316708
You mean bash, right?

If only everything ran in linux. Then i would happily switch. Unless you mean running bash on windows.

I don't understand that first sentence. As for the last one... cygwin?

I was under the assumption, from the two posts you made, you were saying switch to a unix os.

You know what they say about ass U mtions.

Yes, use a better os. Yes, shit just about everything you need can run in a *nix. Cygwin will put bash on windows for you. And are your variables pathed wrong when running from GUI as opposed to shell? I'm going to go out on a limb and say something funky is happening due to the different execution environments.

Sons of Anarchy, S1, E9, 1:20 in... THAT BITCH HAS HER TOILET PAPER HUNG THE WRONG WAY AROUND! FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU...!!!

Reply #726 Posted: October 03, 2010, 05:52:38 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Nyan

• Addicted
  • Nyan has no influence.
Quote from: Pyromanik;1316819
Sons of Anarchy, S1, E9, 1:20 in... THAT BITCH HAS HER TOILET PAPER HUNG THE WRONG WAY AROUND! FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU...!!!

Toilet paper has to hang over the top. That is the only way.

Reply #727 Posted: October 03, 2010, 06:09:18 pm

Offline toofast

• Addicted
  • toofast barely matters.toofast barely matters.
Yes, use a better os. Yes, shit just about everything you need can run in a *nix.

Except steam :( Plus a lot of the programs i use for uni, aren't either supported on linux, or i don't have the linux versions. I mean I used to have a dual boot on my laptop of windows and ubuntu, and i never ended up booting into ubuntu much, because everything i needed was on windows.

Reply #728 Posted: October 03, 2010, 06:29:17 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!

ahahhahahaha

i remember when i noticed that too

i'm completely up to date with SOA if you need to grab some

Reply #730 Posted: October 03, 2010, 06:47:30 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Catalyst

• Addicted
  • Catalyst barely matters.Catalyst barely matters.

Reply #731 Posted: October 03, 2010, 06:50:37 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
I only just started watching because i"m bored and shit internet has meant i"ve played no games lately, which means that this morning when it was working ok I got wasted, raged out and calmed down by wasting my life away on ANOTHER tv show.

Reply #732 Posted: October 03, 2010, 07:04:03 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
unlike most shows, SOA has an excellent plot. and Ron Perlman

Reply #733 Posted: October 03, 2010, 07:06:35 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Pyromanik

Quote from: toofast;1316838
Yes, use a better os. Yes, shit just about everything you need can run in a *nix.

Except steam :( Plus a lot of the programs i use for uni, aren't either supported on linux, or i don't have the linux versions. I mean I used to have a dual boot on my laptop of windows and ubuntu, and i never ended up booting into ubuntu much, because everything i needed was on windows.

Steam runs fine in linux. I used to run it full time because computer refused to boot windows. It was how I played counterstrike for many years. (until the dodgy motherboard that refused windows finally gave up the ghost).

Most shit I've ever had to do with uni worked fine in linux. Fuck most of the shit they run these days requires it in some way. most of the math shit is supported, because geeks love the os, they build shit for it. All the math crunching proggies, python scripts, open office, matlab, etc... If it doesn't run natively or in wine, there's usually something out there that will do similar... most of the time even supporting the same file type.

The only reason I run windows at the moment is because I have a factory seconds monitor that I picked up for free. For the most part, it refuses to be PnP friendly and the biggest resolution I've been able to force up it in linux is 640x480. I haven't shoved it with a large stick yet, i'll make it work one day.

This man knows what he's talking about:

Quote from: ChineseKiwi;1316841
WINE?

most apps run fine with wine. Especially the bigger ones, they tend to have quite a bit of support behind them. Like the adobe suite for example...

I have to agree though, sometimes there is a need for the windows. shitty third party software that's dodgy even in it's native os...
and most of the rest of the time it's dodgy arsed games that are dodgy in their native os (or run punkbuster).

The last lan I went to I spent the entire time leaching with DC++ and playing COD4... never touching windows.

But at the end of the day, windows is easier to live with sometimes.

Reply #734 Posted: October 03, 2010, 07:14:59 pm

Offline toofast

• Addicted
  • toofast barely matters.toofast barely matters.
Wine is a fair point. Never realised it was good, since from what i heard, it was quite dodgy, and slow. But that was 3 years ago.

All the same, windows does everything I want, so its just a hassle switching to another OS. Maybe when windows pushes me to the edge again, I will make the switch.

Reply #735 Posted: October 03, 2010, 07:21:23 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.

Reply #736 Posted: October 03, 2010, 07:23:47 pm

Offline Pyromanik

Quote from: toofast;1316854
Wine is a fair point. Never realised it was good, since from what i heard, it was quite dodgy, and slow. But that was 3 years ago.

All the same, windows does everything I want, so its just a hassle switching to another OS. Maybe when windows pushes me to the edge again, I will make the switch.

Hell even 3 years ago it was quite good. Infact, it almost played CS better than it does now.
Fuck, I was playing CS on it back in '04.

And it's always run office good, being that is what most people wanted it for at the time.
Adobe's suite is second to that.

Most other stuff has been hit and miss up until the last few years. It's pretty much an entire reverse engineered XP these days. Right down to some elements of DX10 (over xp level). They actually distribute it in windows binary form too (DLL's and the like). They regression test it by replacing native windows libs with their own stuff. The guys behind the project are geniuses man, it's insane what they've accomplished. I mean, it originally started out emulating 16bit windows (3.1).

Reply #737 Posted: October 03, 2010, 07:47:17 pm

Offline EskemoJoe

• Addicted
  • EskemoJoe has no influence.

Reply #738 Posted: October 03, 2010, 08:58:59 pm
Mmmm... Blueberry Muffins *drools*

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!

Reply #739 Posted: October 03, 2010, 09:07:55 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Growler;1316890
Darksiders = win

Hell fucking yes it does.

How far are you?

Reply #740 Posted: October 03, 2010, 09:26:01 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
only really just started, but such a fucking fluid game, epic graphics too.

Reply #741 Posted: October 03, 2010, 09:36:08 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Codex

Reply #742 Posted: October 04, 2010, 07:46:55 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Growler;1316903
only really just started, but such a fucking fluid game, epic graphics too.

Make sure you get the abyssal armor before you go to the final boss.

Theres walkthrough guides for it.

Reply #743 Posted: October 04, 2010, 08:03:59 am

Offline 420fairy

• Mother Of Dragons

• 420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Growler;1316541
Yes to torque. Powerbuilt micrometer does 2.8Kg-m to 20.7 Kg-m whatever that means. Have never used it.

Will that do what you need?

hes going to need to know torque sequence

are you going to do the exhaust and intake gaskets as well?

Reply #744 Posted: October 04, 2010, 08:11:19 am

Codex

wasn't going to, should I? Suppose it couldn't hurt if were already ripping it apart.

Keep forgetting to check for the book lol -_-

Reply #745 Posted: October 04, 2010, 08:22:40 am

Obble

Reply #746 Posted: October 04, 2010, 11:00:27 am

Codex

Reply #747 Posted: October 04, 2010, 11:06:53 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Reply #748 Posted: October 04, 2010, 11:09:04 am

Codex

No idea, I refuse to pay a cent for any of those items

Reply #749 Posted: October 04, 2010, 11:11:41 am