Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.
Bite my lip and close my eyes
Take me away to paradise
I'm so damn BORED
I'm going blind
And loneliness has to suffice

Just got back from a mish to Cass Bay, jammed Dookie out the whole way there and back.
Fuck it's a good album, has been so long since I listened to any Greenday.

Reply #7250 Posted: June 01, 2011, 10:29:24 pm

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Quote from: Hori88;1387525
Take me away to paradise
I'm so damn BORED
I'm going blind

Just got back from a mish to Cass Bay, jammed Dookie out the whole way there and back.
Fuck it's a good album, has been so long since I listened to any Greenday.

First CD I ever bought :D

Reply #7251 Posted: June 01, 2011, 10:30:33 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.

Reply #7252 Posted: June 01, 2011, 10:33:51 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
I get to go into work today, first time since the quake. We've got to move our stuff so they can rip up the carpet, will be good to finally see first hand how things are.

Reply #7253 Posted: June 02, 2011, 08:35:56 am
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Menial

• Addicted
  • Menial is working their way up.Menial is working their way up.Menial is working their way up.
Quote from: Hori88;1387525
Take me away to paradise
I'm so damn BORED
I'm going blind

$#@! it's a good album, has been so long since I listened to any Greenday.
Small world, listened to the album on my way home from work Tuesday :)

Reply #7254 Posted: June 02, 2011, 09:54:45 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: JontyB;1387576
I get to go into work today, first time since the quake. We've got to move our stuff so they can rip up the carpet, will be good to finally see first hand how things are.

Far out.

If CL don't allow me to send the Sapphire 6950 2GB back then I'll be wanting to flick it off for $399 including shipping if anyone is keen.

Brand new with invoice.

Reply #7255 Posted: June 02, 2011, 09:59:22 am

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Pyromanik;1387365
this just in:
Apparently there's nothing wrong, SNAP just forgot to actually start billing me. Internet should be fine.

In actual fact my account balance is showing a credit of 55, then a debit of 55 on the same line, making the balance zero.

"But your internet should be fine, you need to troubleshoot your modem at your house."

MODEM SET UP CORRECTLY LADY, STOP BRUSHING ME OFF.
You expect me to believe it's a 100% coincidence that the instant you start my billing cycle the internet turns off?
Or rather you can't see that it might not be?
YOU FUCKED SOMETHING UP, JUST SAY SORRY AND ACTUALLY HAVE SOMEONE WITH HALF A CLUE LOOK AT IT INSTEAD OF JUST TELLING ME WHAT YOUR COMPUTER SCREEN SAYS

So as it turns out, I rang back that night and the guy told me that there was 0 connection on my line. No failed auth or anything. Is my modem on? I say yes. He says is the light on? I say no. He says nothing wrong with their systems, something physical must have happened if it's not my modem.
I wanted him to help me check my modem. He assured me it probably wasn't then asked if I wanted a line test.

I hung up and dug out an old DSL modem from 2004 because I was skeptical risking $200.30 on whether or not a flashing light appears (especially when this older router ALWAYS had a flashing light, connection or not). It too had no luck in connections.

So I rang back again (third time). This guy was way helpful as, explained fully that there was no line connection, normally he'd see auth failures or sync failures etc. Told me that it was more than likely not my modem, but helped me test it anyway. Went through all the settings with me to ensure I hadn't buggered up the configuration at all (at my request) and was generally super compliant to what I wanted and helpful. Ordered a line test from chorus and all that. Wonderful, third time lucky :)

Today I get a call from chorus. The guy was at my cabinet, no noise or anything on my line, it was just dead. So he went to the exchange. He was pretty dodgy when getting to the bit where he told me what the problem was, and basically went

"errr, ahhhh, yeah, should be all good when you get back home."

Chorus the chobs unplugged me at the exchange.
Nothing to do with snap at all, turns out it really was all just a fucking amazing coincidence.

Woman at beginning of story still should have taken more interest in helping me. She basically made out it was my fault, wouldn't listen to me when I told her it wasn't and didn't offer any solution to the problem at all other than ring back later.
Needs a stern talking to.

Reply #7256 Posted: June 02, 2011, 01:30:35 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Pyromanik;1387641

Today I get a call from chorus. The guy was at my cabinet, no noise or anything on my line, it was just dead. So he went to the exchange. He was pretty dodgy when getting to the bit where he told me what the problem was, and basically went

"errr, ahhhh, yeah, should be all good when you get back home."

Baha, they're always doing this. I've had Chorus connect me at the cabinet/exchange to Xtra when I was with Orcon. After Orcon telling me it was my modem...

Reply #7257 Posted: June 02, 2011, 01:43:11 pm

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
In NZ it seems cabinets are these wild west places filled with cowboys, sherrifs and a lot of useless indians...

Reply #7258 Posted: June 02, 2011, 01:57:50 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: trololololo;1387491
I've got witcher 2 downloaded am local to growler and and happy to drive over, the steam version

Yeah, will I be able to 'bakup' this ok mate?

Reply #7259 Posted: June 02, 2011, 02:00:24 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

You should be able to, Growler.

Steam version games are no different to retail versions. All the exe's and other files are stored in the 'common' folder.

Reply #7260 Posted: June 02, 2011, 02:05:12 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Yeah, but will it fuckup my 'REAL STEAM' in any way, that's more what I am worried about.

Reply #7261 Posted: June 02, 2011, 02:06:34 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Growler

these dont come in Bacon.....

I ordered a pair in steak for Mr Ducks BDAY ;)

Reply #7262 Posted: June 02, 2011, 03:29:00 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
2 months + till work can even think of opening :/

plus side: fresh carpet, paint, new equipment and computers, and possibly an entire redo of the arena. a.k.a. completely brand new look. kinda want to hang around and be a part of the reopening, but i really need an actual job with money coming in

Reply #7263 Posted: June 02, 2011, 03:41:41 pm

Offline Growler

Hit me up if you stick around mate, might be able to help with a fit out of the arena in a complete photographic quality, printing directly to building materials.

Could make a pretty sweet area!

Reply #7264 Posted: June 02, 2011, 03:48:58 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline trololololo

• Just settled in
  • trololololo barely matters.trololololo barely matters.
will NOT be a prob g-man, I've gotten steam backups of codex plenty o' times
Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 05:36:56 pm by trololololo

Reply #7265 Posted: June 02, 2011, 05:34:23 pm

Offline trololololo

• Just settled in
  • trololololo barely matters.trololololo barely matters.
question for woo/bitch is becks bar open?

jonty and i think its about time to catch up with everyone for a few drinks

Reply #7266 Posted: June 02, 2011, 05:35:30 pm

Offline Emrico1

Quote from: Growler;1387666
Hit me up if you stick around mate, might be able to help with a fit out of the arena in a complete photographic quality, printing directly to building materials.

Could make a pretty sweet area!

A working model of Dust_2 KGO

That would get a few extra visits?

Reply #7267 Posted: June 02, 2011, 05:35:32 pm

Offline Speakman

Quote from: Emrico1;1387701
A working model of Dust_2 KGO

That would get a few extra visits?

flag

the gun control software does have a CS clone gamemode, complete with ak-47, m16 and knife (amongst others), but the deleted the corresponding firmwares on the guns cause we never used it and wanted the space back

also, yes, drinks plz

Reply #7268 Posted: June 02, 2011, 05:38:40 pm

Offline Emrico1

Finally, finally nailed Tom Yum soup. That's 2 for 2 in the Rico cooks for Rico competition. Shame you guys can't be here to try this, it's unbelievable...
Mrs goes away and the wannabee chef gets to go nutty in kitchen. Fussy bugger was holding me back :D

Reply #7269 Posted: June 02, 2011, 06:40:43 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Really impressed with that last snap guy. He rang me back himself and told me my internet was all sorted. Top marks to that guy!

Reply #7270 Posted: June 02, 2011, 07:22:49 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Emrico1

Reply #7271 Posted: June 02, 2011, 07:25:16 pm

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: Pyromanik;1387357
Hooray.
Snap have stopped my internet service.

Snap = Seriously Need Another Provider.

Reply #7272 Posted: June 02, 2011, 08:21:26 pm
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: Emrico1;1387645
In NZ it seems  are these wild west places filled with cowboys, sherrifs and a lot of useless indians...

Can I be the useless indian...dispossessed guy with an axe to grind?

Don't mind me, I'm just a disingenuous misanthrope

:)

Reply #7273 Posted: June 02, 2011, 08:25:40 pm
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Offline Growler

dumb it down duck, my brain stopped working on monday. :D

Reply #7274 Posted: June 02, 2011, 09:00:18 pm
Think of me like Yoda,