Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Offline camy205

• Addicted
  • camy205 barely matters.camy205 barely matters.

Reply #7375 Posted: June 10, 2011, 09:41:51 am
Quote from: Craigorsarus;1484182
GetSome Thread - Generic Timeline:

- Actual Topic
 - Variation of Topic
 - Someone calls someone a retard
 - Fight
 - Actual Topic
 - Fight
 - Troll
 - Your Mum
 - You\'re*
 - TROLOLOLOLOLOLOL
 - What is this thread about?

Offline Mayhem_Lee

• Addicted
  • Mayhem_Lee is working their way up.Mayhem_Lee is working their way up.Mayhem_Lee is working their way up.
Quote from: camy205;1389378
Congrats and good luck man!

Good luck R how did you proposed?

Reply #7376 Posted: June 10, 2011, 10:07:46 am

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Quote from: RetardoBot;1389373
Proposed, she said yes, easy part over.

Now the bone shattering difficult part -- I have to now ask her father for permission. Should've done it first but a) he scares the shit out of me and b) wasn't sure when my next chance to propose the way I did was going to be.

Imagine a Japanese man with traditional values that understands that his daughters career comes first and I have to be a billionaire to be an acceptable candidate.

Shitting myself.

Congrats dude, that's awesome.

Maybe start with 'my computer graphic design work is going well'...

Reply #7377 Posted: June 10, 2011, 10:11:01 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Boss told me yesterday that he used to work for Saatchi International.

Made me feel pretty awesome that I was good enough to work for someone who use to work for the best.

Blew me away and I plan to suck as much info out of him while I'm here as I can.

Reply #7378 Posted: June 10, 2011, 10:12:56 am

Offline Spigalau

• Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.
^1st time I have ever heard cock being referred to as info

Reply #7379 Posted: June 10, 2011, 10:21:23 am
49 20 63 61 6e 20 72 65 6d 65 6d 62 65 72 20 77 68 65 6e 20 74 68 65 20 61 69 72 20 77 61 73 20 63 6c 65 61 6e 20 61 6e 64 20 73 65 78 20 77 61 73 20 64 69 72 74 79 2e

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.
In the world of Business, it's important to get ahead.

Reply #7380 Posted: June 10, 2011, 10:40:45 am

Offline Scunner

• Addicted
  • Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...
And always prove your worth so you don't get the shaft.

Congrats on the proposal acceptance mate.

Reply #7381 Posted: June 10, 2011, 11:22:57 am

Offline DeeUnit

• Devoted Member
  • DeeUnit has no influence.
Rii, learn how to ask for his daughters hand in marriage in Japanese.

Shows that you're serious, and if you nail it, he will say yes.

Fuck it up, he will slice your head off with his samurai sword.

Reply #7382 Posted: June 10, 2011, 11:33:36 am
I got 99 problems but bein\' a bitch ain\'t one.

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: DeeUnit;1389427
Rii, learn how to ask for his daughters hand in marriage in Japanese.

Shows that you're serious, and if you nail it, he will say yes.

Fuck it up, he will slice your head off with his samurai sword.

Not funny :\

He threatened to do that exact thing to an ex-bf. Although the ex was bottom feeding scum.

Threatened to take him into a field and 'slay' him with his traditional Katana.

Put the shits up me.

But you have a good idea though, asking him in Japanese could work in my favour, will have to avoid the cheese factor.

Reply #7383 Posted: June 10, 2011, 11:47:50 am

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Quote from: RetardoBot;1389438
Not funny :\

Threatened to take him into a field and 'slay' him with his traditional Katana.
Put the shits up me.

8O

Reply #7384 Posted: June 10, 2011, 11:49:19 am

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
You should dress up as a care bear and give him a big bear hug!

Who you working for that was tied up with Saatchis, I used to know a few of em when they were down in Chch. It's not a Matt by any chance?

Grats on the missus, is he a traditionalist the old fella? Why not do it differn't and ask him to be your father in law ;)

Reply #7385 Posted: June 10, 2011, 12:16:23 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.
After being very social lately - something I do not enjoy in large doses - it is refreshing and nice to just kick it.

Loving having the Old man's house to myself - bachelor pad to the days. And I've been lent the ute. I got spa pool, 56" TV ( + insane sounds), pool table, a hill view and a large section of forest behind me to get buzzed out in.

And his liquor cabinet and beer-fridge.

It's just fucking nice to be free and on holiday, in Wellington (favourite city by far, not for weather but for people).

Reply #7386 Posted: June 10, 2011, 12:38:19 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Quote from: Growler;1389458
You should dress up as a care bear and give him a big bear hug!

Who you working for that was tied up with Saatchis, I used to know a few of em when they were down in Chch. It's not a Matt by any chance?

Grats on the missus, is he a traditionalist the old fella? Why not do it differn't and ask him to be your father in law ;)

Nah, no Matt here. If you're keen I'll catch you on MSN one day and feed you a bit more info.

Hah, I wonder how that would go down. He's a good guy, and we get along. I just understand that when it comes to it, he wont pander about when it comes to his daughters future.

Reply #7387 Posted: June 10, 2011, 01:02:34 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!

Reply #7388 Posted: June 10, 2011, 01:33:44 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Reply #7389 Posted: June 10, 2011, 01:58:01 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Just decided to go for a drive through the Adelaide hills, was epic as shit, some good scenery up there.

Reply #7390 Posted: June 10, 2011, 02:08:40 pm

Offline bitchimom

• Just settled in
  • bitchimom has no influence.
Nice one Rii... just mention the fact that you asked his daughter first because she's the most important person in the world to you.
Even if you only learn a small amount of Japanese, a specific phrase or two, I reckon it shows you're taking it very seriously.

bol with everything!!

Reply #7391 Posted: June 10, 2011, 02:09:40 pm
bitchimom: dirrrrrty girl racer

earthquake refugee since aaaages ago
http://www.rebuildshakeytown.blogspot.com

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Quote from: RetardoBot;1389373
Proposed, she said yes, easy part over.

Now the bone shattering difficult part -- I have to now ask her father for permission. Should've done it first but a) he scares the shit out of me and b) wasn't sure when my next chance to propose the way I did was going to be.

Imagine a Japanese man with traditional values that understands that his daughters career comes first and I have to be a billionaire to be an acceptable candidate.

Shitting myself.

Grats mate, hopefully all goes well with the father!

Reply #7392 Posted: June 10, 2011, 02:18:37 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Thanks guys.

I think I might give the "learn a couple of Japanese phrases" idea a shot. Hopefully he'll have time to Skype me this weekend, living in Seattle and all.

Reply #7393 Posted: June 10, 2011, 02:29:11 pm

Offline Scunner

• Addicted
  • Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...
Quote from: Spork;1389515
Just decided to go for a drive through the Adelaide hills, was epic as shit, some good scenery up there.

I've got to admit, as cold as it can get up there, there are some beautiful places to live. My Aunt lives just outside Mt. Barker.

Reply #7394 Posted: June 10, 2011, 02:44:03 pm

Offline Emrico1

Quote from: RetardoBot;1389519
Thanks guys.

I think I might give the "learn a couple of Japanese phrases" idea a shot. Hopefully he'll have time to Skype me this weekend, living in Seattle and all.

Oh that's good. Long way to fly with a Katana.
I've seen Crouching Tiger, dudes can fly for hours.

Reply #7395 Posted: June 10, 2011, 02:56:32 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Quote from: Emrico1;1389528
Oh that's good. Long way to fly with a Katana.
I've seen Crouching Tiger, dudes can fly for hours.

HAHAHAHAHA.

Reply #7396 Posted: June 10, 2011, 02:57:23 pm

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
Tell him you've got a job now.

that should be a step in the right direction.

Reply #7397 Posted: June 10, 2011, 03:27:14 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Reply #7398 Posted: June 10, 2011, 03:32:53 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Quote from: Scunner;1389522
I've got to admit, as cold as it can get up there, there are some beautiful places to live. My Aunt lives just outside Mt. Barker.

Yea, I went for a drive up gorge road (toward Birdwood) was a very nice drive.

Reply #7399 Posted: June 10, 2011, 03:47:02 pm