Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!

Reply #7475 Posted: June 17, 2011, 03:58:32 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
A little blurb about the person who runs ^that site:

Quote from: Stupid Hippie
hi my name is rose, I'm a 20 year old from denver colorado who enjoys coffee, smoking, adventures, crystals, music, wizards, art, trees, native pride, reading, entrepreneurship, walking, aromatherapy, love medicine, folklore, cultural anthropology, bicycles, sharing stories, dreams, food, nature.

Reply #7476 Posted: June 17, 2011, 04:27:34 pm

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!
Which pretty well guarantees the sites owner is a fat balding middle aged trucker from Kentucky

Reply #7477 Posted: June 17, 2011, 04:31:32 pm

Blackwatch Off Topic - Abandon hope all ye who enter here

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!
And so it goers on and and on. Found out today that of the 6 full timers in my department, who they told us at the start of the week they were keeping all of, they are going to cull 2, so I have to reapply for my job. As I had surgery booked for monday, when the interviews were scheduled, they agreed to interview me this afternoon. Frotunatly I felt the interview went pretty well, but I won;t know till next week.

So I go buy a bottle of Jim Beam ( on special for $60 at Liquorland at the mo ) and get home, only to be phoned by my surgeons office to tell me they are postponing my surgery for the second time, which will now not be until next friday. And of course, during the job interview, the phone call, and writing this post, we've had 3 aftershocks of over 4.0.

On and on and on it goes, when it stops, no fucker knows.

Reply #7478 Posted: June 17, 2011, 04:40:25 pm

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Dr Woomanchu;1392065
And so it goers on and and on. Found out today that of the 6 full timers in my department, who they told us at the start of the week they were keeping all of, they are going to cull 2, so I have to reapply for my job. As I had surgery booked for monday, when the interviews were scheduled, they agreed to interview me this afternoon. Frotunatly I felt the interview went pretty well, but I won;t know till next week.

So I go buy a bottle of Jim Beam ( on special for $60 at Liquorland at the mo ) and get home, only to be phoned by my surgeons office to tell me they are postponing my surgery for the second time, which will now not be until next friday. And of course, during the job interview, the phone call, and writing this post, we've had 3 aftershocks of over 4.0.

On and on and on it goes, when it stops, no fucker knows.

They need to prioritize.

Growler's castration is more important.

Reply #7479 Posted: June 17, 2011, 04:56:12 pm

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.
They don't take into account extended health related breaks do they?

Reply #7480 Posted: June 17, 2011, 05:00:47 pm
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>

Offline Dr Woomanchu

The best news of the day was that they were very explicit that my current back injury was not a factor in the decision making.

Reply #7481 Posted: June 17, 2011, 05:12:28 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Dr Woomanchu;1392090
The best news of the day was that they were very explicit that my current back injury was not a factor in the decision making.

Because if they let on that it was then they'd get a smack.

Best to DENY DENY DENY.

Reply #7482 Posted: June 17, 2011, 05:25:00 pm

Offline Dr Woomanchu

I've been working with these people for 4 years. They've always been honest with me to date.

Reply #7483 Posted: June 17, 2011, 05:25:43 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Quote from: Dr Woomanchu;1392096
I've been working with these people for 4 years. They've always been honest with me to date.

That's what I thought about Massey after 3 years.

Turns out they lie/withhold information for as long as they can.

Reply #7484 Posted: June 17, 2011, 05:26:48 pm

Offline Dr Woomanchu

Well they've volunteered to pay those laid off , and they have cut from 218 FTE to 67, twice their legal entitlement to notice. Every action they have taken to date has been consistent with an ethical, compassionate corporate, taking necessary decisions in the most humane way possible. Until they give me reason to believe otherwise I'll take them at their word.

Reply #7485 Posted: June 17, 2011, 05:35:59 pm

Offline Menial

• Addicted
  • Menial is working their way up.Menial is working their way up.Menial is working their way up.
Best wishes Woohoo, both for your job and on a speedy recovery.

Reply #7486 Posted: June 17, 2011, 06:30:05 pm

Offline zolteg

• Devoted Member
  • zolteg has no influence.
Quote from: Dr Woomanchu;1392103
Well they've volunteered to pay those laid off , and they have cut from 218 FTE to 67, twice their legal entitlement to notice. Every action they have taken to date has been consistent with an ethical, compassionate corporate, taking necessary decisions in the most humane way possible. Until they give me reason to believe otherwise I'll take them at their word.

Which sometimes makes a nice change from the shit stories you tend to hear about other employers around the country.  Good on 'em.

Reply #7487 Posted: June 17, 2011, 09:18:38 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: RetardoBot;1391892
/me is going to SexLAN.

Provided I can find suitable accom.

[Twitter]

I'm so bloody thankful that the work toilet requires you to pass through 3 doors before you get to it, and that it has a window.

Sometimes I don't get to take my morning zen dump before leaving for work.

[/Twitter]

Quote from: Emrico1;1391951
I r going to Xfran too.

Providing Rii finds a suitable motel to whore his body to pay for my motel room.

OMG I'M SO SEXCITED RIGHT NOW

also: BL/GL woohoo. Hope that back gets fixed for xlan.

and WTF as bus waving man. How the fuck did it take me until the 8th picture to realise he had a bung leg!?
guy must own a costume hire store or something, lol.
Legendary.
Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 09:25:23 pm by Pyromanik

Reply #7488 Posted: June 17, 2011, 09:18:50 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Quote from: Pyromanik;1392192
and WTF as bus waving man. How the fuck did it take me until the 8th picture to realise he had a bung leg!?
guy must own a costume hire store or something, lol.
Legendary.

Yea it took me until about the fourth when I thought I saw he had a sheesha in the background.

Reply #7489 Posted: June 17, 2011, 09:28:04 pm

Offline DeeUnit

• Devoted Member
  • DeeUnit has no influence.

Reply #7490 Posted: June 19, 2011, 01:23:15 pm
I got 99 problems but bein\' a bitch ain\'t one.

Offline Dr Woomanchu

Reply #7491 Posted: June 19, 2011, 01:33:38 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Suitable motel found.

Booked.

Also, Woohoo, no one is going to recognize you unless you have a semi-naked female at your side doing something acrobatic with her breasts.

Reply #7492 Posted: June 19, 2011, 01:39:10 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: RetardoBot;1392500
Also, Woohoo, no one is going to recognize you unless you have a hot semi-naked female at your side doing something acrobatic with her large breasts.

fixd/

Reply #7493 Posted: June 19, 2011, 01:45:07 pm

Offline Pyromanik

Quote from: DeeUnit;1392497
Any super cool attractions at xlan this year

you?

Reply #7494 Posted: June 19, 2011, 01:45:23 pm

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Should I go to xLan?

I have no games to play.

I might not even bring a computer, just sit there the whole weekend starring at an empty desk.

Reply #7495 Posted: June 19, 2011, 02:03:30 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Imagination has awesome graphics.

I'm not attending any tournaments or playing any specific games. I just figured it's about time GetSome had the pleasure of meeting me.

Reply #7496 Posted: June 19, 2011, 02:38:51 pm

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!

Reply #7497 Posted: June 19, 2011, 02:54:12 pm

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Me too.
Its my first big Lan, I only intend on playing a little and hanging out a lot.
Really keen to meet some of you freaks.

Reply #7498 Posted: June 19, 2011, 03:26:13 pm

Offline Pyromanik

Reply #7499 Posted: June 19, 2011, 03:38:49 pm