Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: matt88nz;1393840
Your poor spelling means that I ignore your insult and maintain my self-esteem.

Sue me. It was typed on a smell phone.

Consider yourself lucky I went to the effort of making a post at all.

Reply #7550 Posted: June 23, 2011, 12:09:06 am

Offline private_hell

• Addicted
  • private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.

Reply #7551 Posted: June 23, 2011, 07:47:19 am
"Let him who desires peace prepare for war" - Flavius Vegetius Renatus (375AD) De Rei Militari

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
So... Xtra finally got back to me (almost a month later) about the DOS attack from one of their proxies.

"The traffic seems legitimate".
Xtra: endorsing and enabling cybercriminals since ages ago.

Spoiler :
Quote from: xtra 'security'
We have looked into the traffic patterns at the times mentioned and
upon investigation, the traffic seems legitimate. A user was
browsing the site and there seem to be multiple requests for different
images to be displayed from the webserver but this is regarded as
normal. I'm not sure why this would take the web server offline, though
website design can contribute to this, but that is the next thing to
investigate. I'm not sure who looks after the webserver but I trust you
can direct this to the right place.

A user.
A single user requesting a multitude of images at break neck speeds, faster than a server can respond to the requests.
GG you clueless fuck.

On the up side, I found this.
Here's one for you, Growler baby.

http://baconipsum.com/

Quote from: bacon ipsum
Shankle ribeye shoulder, tri-tip meatball t-bone cow headcheese meatloaf rump tenderloin. Rump pork corned beef flank tail shankle, pork belly spare ribs salami meatball ground round. Hamburger corned beef ham hock sausage pancetta pork. Beef pancetta cow, shank bresaola swine ball tip tenderloin. Swine headcheese spare ribs short loin, beef ribs tri-tip salami jerky drumstick venison beef biltong pork belly tenderloin. Biltong tongue bacon meatloaf hamburger tail tri-tip. Ribeye strip steak beef tri-tip pork.

Strip steak pork chop shankle ribeye, chuck tongue shoulder short loin. Drumstick turkey sirloin, shank short ribs chuck jowl beef ribs ham tri-tip ground round pork belly sausage andouille bacon. Pancetta drumstick ribeye tongue short loin short ribs, jowl turkey. Biltong ham hock drumstick pork, sausage flank bacon bresaola tri-tip short ribs. Rump pork pancetta pork loin. Bacon bresaola andouille, brisket shoulder swine shankle beef ribs pig short loin meatball chicken venison beef tenderloin. Pork boudin pork chop flank pastrami, sausage bresaola swine shank salami t-bone pork belly ball tip shoulder.

Beef ribs swine flank headcheese, tail pork pig biltong fatback. Beef ribs beef brisket, biltong ground round ham hock pork chop salami bresaola. Brisket bresaola chicken shank drumstick. Pastrami chicken pork loin, tongue swine shank pancetta. Pancetta sausage boudin, hamburger strip steak ham jowl. T-bone pancetta meatball flank chuck. Strip steak short loin tail turkey tongue jerky.

Strip steak brisket shank salami, venison short loin shoulder. Boudin ham pastrami, beef ribs sausage venison ribeye pork chop bacon brisket fatback short loin. Ham strip steak pastrami pork belly, salami brisket turkey swine chuck rump meatloaf pork chop sausage. Spare ribs tongue cow tail bresaola pork chop. Short ribs shoulder rump jerky, venison tenderloin pastrami meatloaf boudin ground round sausage drumstick bresaola. Corned beef drumstick pork chop sausage tenderloin, pastrami tri-tip ground round beef tongue jowl bacon beef ribs hamburger. Strip steak t-bone swine, pig fatback ham ball tip jerky beef ribs.

Ribeye salami sausage, ham ground round ball tip jerky bresaola shoulder turkey tail headcheese strip steak short ribs. Tenderloin beef jowl tongue venison, hamburger pork loin salami pancetta tail shankle. Meatloaf tongue cow short loin rump. Chuck fatback boudin pancetta. Salami shank pastrami ham fatback. Chicken corned beef tenderloin short ribs ham, jerky headcheese biltong pork loin. Swine shoulder pastrami venison pork chop.
Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 10:26:29 am by Pyromanik

Reply #7552 Posted: June 23, 2011, 10:21:56 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!
Well life being a shitbag continues on.. Apparently my interview didn't go well enough and I  found out last night I have been made redundant, at 3.30 this aft6ernoon I go in for back surgery, and we still have no action from our insurance company on our house. My recovery time for back surgery will about match the amount of notice I get paid out for at work, so I won't even be able to job hunt properly till the money stops coming in. Fortunately chch is very short of drivers and I have a class 2, so that will be first probable option.

I have discovered in life that when the pile of shit gets high enough, you almost stop noticing the new  shovel fulls being heaped on. If it wasn't for having a perfect wife and awesome kids it would be getting close to looking for a bridge time.

Ahh well, onwards and dowwards

Reply #7553 Posted: June 23, 2011, 10:23:08 am

Blackwatch Off Topic - Abandon hope all ye who enter here

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Fuck that sucks bro.

But keep your chin up and shit will turn out good. Always works out in the end so long as you never give up :)

Reply #7554 Posted: June 23, 2011, 10:28:16 am

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
Bugger Woo. That is not any good at all.
Hope the rest of everything else goes well.

Kia kaha.

Reply #7555 Posted: June 23, 2011, 10:29:45 am
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Shit, Woohoo.

I've not long just come out of your situation. Sucks Hitlers dick. (minus the earthquakes).

I'm confident you're made of sterner stuff and things will come right for you providing you want them to.

Man hugs.

Reply #7556 Posted: June 23, 2011, 10:34:36 am

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Bad times woo.

If I hear of anything I will touch base. I should actually come and see you and put a few names in front of you anyway of people you can touch base with.

Reply #7557 Posted: June 23, 2011, 10:49:29 am
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!
Thanks Growler. We're away for 10 days on a much needed holiday from next thursday. I will deal with the universe when I get back.

Reply #7558 Posted: June 23, 2011, 10:55:16 am

Blackwatch Off Topic - Abandon hope all ye who enter here

Offline 420fairy

• Mother Of Dragons

• 420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Dr Woomanchu;1393942
Well life being a shitbag continues on.. Apparently my interview didn't go well enough and I  found out last night I have been made redundant, at 3.30 this aft6ernoon I go in for back surgery, and we still have no action from our insurance company on our house. My recovery time for back surgery will about match the amount of notice I get paid out for at work, so I won't even be able to job hunt properly till the money stops coming in. Fortunately chch is very short of drivers and I have a class 2, so that will be first probable option.

I have discovered in life that when the pile of shit gets high enough, you almost stop noticing the new  shovel fulls being heaped on. If it wasn't for having a perfect wife and awesome kids it would be getting close to looking for a bridge time.

Ahh well, onwards and dowwards

aww so sorry to hear about that Woohoo, but you and Kris are resilient strong folks and i know you guys will pull through this.  Who wouldnt hire you Woo?  theyd be mad not to :)  and i agree with your perfect wife statement - shes definitely a gem

Reply #7559 Posted: June 23, 2011, 11:02:58 am

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Man, that sucks big time.

Don't let it get on top of you, it will all come good with time.

Reply #7560 Posted: June 23, 2011, 11:03:44 am

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Sweet as mate, yell when back from the big smoke and I will bring a few beers round and talk some shit.

Will put feelers out over next fortnight.

Reply #7561 Posted: June 23, 2011, 11:04:37 am
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
Shit woohoo, sorry to hear that man. After everything you guys have been through as well. Good luck for the op today

Reply #7562 Posted: June 23, 2011, 11:31:20 am
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline toofast

• Addicted
  • toofast barely matters.toofast barely matters.
Wow that really sucks. Good luck on the job hunt/recovery montage.

Reply #7563 Posted: June 23, 2011, 11:33:57 am

Codex

Reply #7564 Posted: June 23, 2011, 07:33:09 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.

Heh, I commented on this video.. I guess as it says about a month ago, and keep getting emails from youtube of people replying to me, correcting me, some even getting angry that I don't know.

'They ARENT RANDOM BLACK PEOPLE, THEY ARE NBA PLAYERS!!!!11111'

As if they think Basketball means anything outside of the US.

EDIT: Also, second highest rated comment.. Boo yea!

Reply #7565 Posted: June 23, 2011, 08:27:47 pm

Offline bitchimom

• Just settled in
  • bitchimom has no influence.
update on woo:
out of surgery now, just had the call from the surgeon. all went well, he's currently in recovery & I'll see him in the morning.

thx for all your support folks, means a lot.
& we're really really really looking forward to xlan. omg yes.

xx

Reply #7566 Posted: June 23, 2011, 09:42:50 pm
bitchimom: dirrrrrty girl racer

earthquake refugee since aaaages ago
http://www.rebuildshakeytown.blogspot.com

henno

Glad  it went well and bad luck about the job.

Looking forward to meeting you guys at Xlan

Reply #7567 Posted: June 23, 2011, 09:57:01 pm

Offline Pitchey

• Addicted
  • Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!
Good to hear it went well! Hope he has a quick painless recovery!

Reply #7568 Posted: June 23, 2011, 10:13:47 pm

Offline Pyromanik

Quote from: bitchimom;1394175
update on woo:
out of surgery now, just had the call from the surgeon. all went well, he's currently in recovery & I'll see him in the morning.

thx for all your support folks, means a lot.
& we're really really really looking forward to xlan. omg yes.

xx

Sweeeeet.

Reply #7569 Posted: June 23, 2011, 10:31:07 pm

Codex

Reply #7570 Posted: June 23, 2011, 11:17:01 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!

Reply #7571 Posted: June 23, 2011, 11:18:49 pm

Offline Growler

Reply #7572 Posted: June 23, 2011, 11:40:40 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Speakman

can barely even get a pint for that these days

Reply #7573 Posted: June 23, 2011, 11:43:10 pm

Offline Growler

Reply #7574 Posted: June 23, 2011, 11:45:01 pm
Think of me like Yoda,