Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.

Reply #8325 Posted: August 05, 2011, 12:26:59 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Just got all details relating to my EQC claim released to me under the OIA.

Stupid bastards and their ever changing stories, my claim fits a new bracket every phone call, and all my notes say nothing according to some people I talk too.

Reply #8326 Posted: August 05, 2011, 12:38:22 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!

Reply #8327 Posted: August 05, 2011, 12:52:41 pm

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!

Reply #8328 Posted: August 05, 2011, 12:53:19 pm

Blackwatch Off Topic - Abandon hope all ye who enter here

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
FFS.

Clients supplied us/me with shitty quality files to go on  2mx3m wall print. This happens too often and usually gets shrugged off with "it'll be fine". 2m x 3m wall prints go up, and I get it in the neck because apparently I "must have used the wrong files".

I'm used what is supplied to me, and what's worse is that it's the boss that is blaming it on me.

Reply #8329 Posted: August 05, 2011, 03:40:17 pm

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!

Reply #8330 Posted: August 05, 2011, 04:04:36 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Holy fucking shit balls!

EQC called me back with some answers! Not that they were of any use, but it was answers!

Actually I spent the 1st 15 minutes trying to figure out if they were actually talking about my house
Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 04:14:45 pm by Growler

Reply #8331 Posted: August 05, 2011, 04:11:51 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline winter

• Addicted
  • winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!
Quote from: Craigorsarus;1407092
Nah, the official story is that chilli is Arsey and Prolax's spawn, although the doctors are still unable to figure out how it happened

No wonder he was so handsome.

Reply #8332 Posted: August 05, 2011, 04:13:46 pm

Offline TofuEater

• TofuEater barely matters.TofuEater barely matters.
Quote from: Spork;1406743
Well when I woke up, I tried to access my account through my phone and it said that the password or email was wrong, then I jumped on my PC it told me that I had to verify my account (which was bloody annoying, as it refused to send out the verification text message until I pressed the button a million times).

Then once I got past there I was faced by a page telling me that 'suspicious activity' had been noticed on my account in the last twelve hours and I had to change my password.

Then when I logged in there was a whole load of failed messages which had been attempted to be sent from my account, and all of them were exactly the same with some dodgy link in them. Sent to all of my contacts.

And this too.

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=69585

Na, bollocks - it happens all the time if you connect via your phone. I get it sometimes on my iphone if i've connected through wi-fi then try to connect via my 3G account. I think google can't handle it.

Reply #8333 Posted: August 05, 2011, 04:31:36 pm
Quote from: Fran O\'Sullivan
The best thing about Finance Minister Bill English\'s latest Budget is that it does finally signal a much greater role for the private sector in the New Zealand economy. And another step along the way to extract this country from the political cul-de-sac in which Helen Clark\'s Labour Government parked us.

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Growler;1407219
Holy fucking shit balls!

EQC called me back with some answers! Not that they were of any use, but it was answers!

Actually I spent the 1st 15 minutes trying to figure out if they were actually talking about my house

Probably because of the OIA request lol

"oh shit, this guy actually wants to know what his future is"

Reply #8334 Posted: August 05, 2011, 04:44:08 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Quote from: RetardoBot;1407199
FFS.

Clients supplied us/me with shitty quality files to go on  2mx3m wall print. This happens too often and usually gets shrugged off with "it'll be fine". 2m x 3m wall prints go up, and I get it in the neck because apparently I "must have used the wrong files".

I'm used what is supplied to me, and what's worse is that it's the boss that is blaming it on me.

Fark~!

Must be a full derp because I have four clients and all have done fail things this week.

Best one was a client wanted an animated intro for their videos, they supplied text and an audio loop and said to do whatever looks cool.
I spent a several hours doing some nice clean titles moving nicely with backgrounds.
Got an annoyed email saying he wanted it in black text and white background with fades in/out like he sent me along with a .ppt illustrating it.
I'm going to call it a loss and not email back.

This time of derp can be tough.
Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 04:53:48 pm by Emrico1

Reply #8335 Posted: August 05, 2011, 04:48:25 pm

Offline Growler

Rii, PM me the specs of the print and the files supplied to you, I will have a looksie and if need be cover your back on reprints.

Reply #8336 Posted: August 05, 2011, 04:50:57 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Growler

Quote from: Speakman;1407239
Probably because of the OIA request lol

"oh shit, this guy actually wants to know what his future is"

This is how bad it is,

EQC - So we will re-carpet your whole house to replace current carpet, and redo all the cork tiling. yadda yadda yadda...

ME - That's nice, my solid kauri floor I currently have with no carpet will love being covered, and why wouldnt I redo all my lovely tiles with cork! Are you sure you have the details on my house, I have no carpet and zero cork tiles.

EQC - ummmmmmmmm

EQC - ummmmmmmmm

me - dies a little inside

Reply #8337 Posted: August 05, 2011, 04:54:47 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline O-L-W-A-G

• Addicted
  • O-L-W-A-G has no influence.

Reply #8338 Posted: August 05, 2011, 06:39:28 pm

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
How about losing the oldladywithagun gif?

It slows my page load, and I'm bored with now anyway.

Reply #8339 Posted: August 05, 2011, 07:27:25 pm

Offline Emrico1

Reply #8340 Posted: August 05, 2011, 07:32:59 pm

Codex

Reply #8341 Posted: August 05, 2011, 07:33:19 pm

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
That's something that I would have done in an earlier life.

Now I believe in the power of suggestion, the carrot instead of the stick etc.

Reply #8342 Posted: August 05, 2011, 07:57:22 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Zarkov;1407287

Smartest thing you've typed all day.

Reply #8343 Posted: August 05, 2011, 07:58:45 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!

adblock ftw. thank god you can ignore individual images

but yeah, it should be removed. waste of bandwidth (plus I thought there was a forum rule about sig max size, both filesize and dimensions (not just with OLWAG), looks like that went out the window at some point)

Reply #8344 Posted: August 05, 2011, 08:36:55 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Obble

Quote from: Speakman;1407296
adblock ftw. thank god you can ignore individual images

but yeah, it should be removed. waste of bandwidth (plus I thought there was a forum rule about sig max size, both filesize and dimensions (not just with OLWAG), looks like that went out the window at some point)

At least the disgusting cnd sigs aren't around anymore D:

Reply #8345 Posted: August 05, 2011, 08:40:41 pm

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!

Reply #8346 Posted: August 05, 2011, 10:32:52 pm

Blackwatch Off Topic - Abandon hope all ye who enter here

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!

What you really mean is:

"My computer is slow and shitty, and although my browser has long since cached the file thus leaving having zero affect on my bandwidth or render time, it slows down my computer every time I scroll past it because the processor can't handle the animation... and I don't know how to block it."

Reply #8347 Posted: August 06, 2011, 12:40:27 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
<-- one of the first people to go to the new carlton inn.
<-- one of the first people to get thrown out of the new carlton inn.

Reply #8348 Posted: August 06, 2011, 12:43:45 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

Quote from: Pyromanik;1407327
What you really mean is:

"My computer is slow and shitty, and although my browser has long since cached the file thus leaving having zero affect on my bandwidth or render time, it slows down my computer every time I scroll past it because the processor can't handle the animation... and I don't know how to block it."

None of the above.

Reply #8349 Posted: August 06, 2011, 06:25:30 am