Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Codex

Reply #8450 Posted: August 12, 2011, 12:05:18 am

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Soooooo, is it going to snow?

Pyro what is your wise input, you were pretty accurate last time :p

Weather nerds are pretty excited if it keeps going the way it is. At the moment they are picking a repeat of last month but worse, though they do say a lot can change in 48 hours but it is lining us up to be a beauty.

Reply #8451 Posted: August 12, 2011, 08:38:04 am
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Codex

Reply #8452 Posted: August 12, 2011, 08:58:49 am

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
Never tried 'snow'. Wouldn't mind though.

Went to the NZSO last night at the CBS Arena. Despite dodgy acoustics it was a fantastic concert:

http://www.nzso.co.nz/home

Reply #8453 Posted: August 12, 2011, 10:20:23 am
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!

Reply #8454 Posted: August 12, 2011, 10:28:46 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
I hope PN town gets snow.

Would be awesome sauce.

Reply #8456 Posted: August 12, 2011, 10:37:24 am

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!

Reply #8457 Posted: August 12, 2011, 11:22:21 am

Codex

Reply #8458 Posted: August 12, 2011, 12:24:28 pm

Offline Scunner

• Addicted
  • Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...
Quote from: Pitchey;1409481
http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/5434460/NZ-set-for-perfect-snowstorm

Snow was expected near seal level in Otago and Southland, and in areas of the North Island including Wellington, the Wairarapa and Hawke's Bay.

How high is seal level?

Reply #8459 Posted: August 12, 2011, 02:59:40 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Quote from: Scunner;1409626
How high is seal level?

Pretty high, it's totally baked.

Reply #8460 Posted: August 12, 2011, 03:02:16 pm

Obble

Reply #8461 Posted: August 12, 2011, 03:10:50 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.
Speaking of which, friend of mine brought me a T-shirt from Amsterdam with a smiley face smoking a joint und 'JUST DONE IT'. It's pretty lol.

But black, w/ a joint und '(C) AMSTERDAM'

Reply #8462 Posted: August 12, 2011, 03:13:30 pm

Offline desertergreg

• Devoted Member
  • desertergreg has no influence.
Quote from: Scunner;1409626
How high is seal level?

Ask E miric o.

ooooo.ooooo

ive been gone so long and i still have nothing to say to you.

except: sup.

Reply #8463 Posted: August 12, 2011, 04:53:20 pm
Quote from: Nostargate;1363344
I roofled once, it was a party.....i was young and naive.....................................

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Emrico1;1409380
So I came in from the surf today, it was raining and gloomy but the waves were super good and nobody else was in the water (which I like).

I went to put my board down near the dunes and what I thought breifly was a wet deranged dog launched out of the bushes at me.
It was a small seal! Scared the otter fuck out of me! I nearly biffed it with my board lol.

I backed away and it waddled and dragged down back into the water.

Never thought I'd almost club a baby seal. Weirdest thing ever.

It probably came ashore to get away from the Great White.

Reply #8464 Posted: August 12, 2011, 05:12:30 pm

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Quote from: Zarkov;1409686
It probably came ashore to get away from the Great White.

Many years ago a seal with a big flap of white hanging off it swam straight past me towards the shore.
When I looked back towards my mate on the dunes was waving and carrying on so I put my feet up and paddled for shore like a mad cnut.
He said there was spashing and weirdness 100m out from me and saw the seal coming in on the beach all munted.

Poor thing was dying in the shallows, gruesome to say the least.

Fair chance ol' Jaws missed out on his brekky and my dying seal mate was using me for meat sheild.

Also had an Elephant seal pop up right in front of me, scaryest thing I have ever seen. But that is another story...

Reply #8465 Posted: August 12, 2011, 09:57:16 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
wow Monday could be fun! The green is 10mm rain an hour, 1mm rain = 1cm snow in this situation if the temps are cold enough.

Reply #8466 Posted: August 12, 2011, 10:49:05 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Obble

Reply #8467 Posted: August 13, 2011, 01:27:22 am

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.

Reply #8468 Posted: August 13, 2011, 01:38:45 am
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Offline winter

• Addicted
  • winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!
ugh.. can never sleep-in on Saturdays :( about to hit up some Superpump and go to the gym yaaaaaaaay

Reply #8469 Posted: August 13, 2011, 08:01:39 am

Offline desertergreg

• Devoted Member
  • desertergreg has no influence.
Holy shit it's winter. And by that I mean mr. Wolves and skulls. Where did you go?

Reply #8470 Posted: August 13, 2011, 08:21:25 am
Quote from: Nostargate;1363344
I roofled once, it was a party.....i was young and naive.....................................

Offline winter

• Addicted
  • winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!
Quote from: desertergreg;1409950
Holy shit it's winter. And by that I mean mr. Wolves and skulls. Where did you go?

Got promoted and promoted again hahaha which meant no access to external forums and dropping out of the gaming scene for a bit there also :O - but I've been back for
awhile now :)

Reply #8471 Posted: August 13, 2011, 09:00:12 am

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Lies. As much as I've wanted to see you, it seems you're doing your best to avoid me :<

Reply #8472 Posted: August 13, 2011, 10:27:05 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Growler;1409886
wow Monday could be fun! The green is 10mm rain an hour, 1mm rain = 1cm snow in this situation if the temps are cold enough.

Lies.

Green is south of banks. Seems like we're going to get missed out again.

Reply #8473 Posted: August 13, 2011, 10:27:41 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline winter

• Addicted
Quote from: Pyromanik;1409973
Lies. As much as I've wanted to see you, it seems you're doing your best to avoid me :<

Haha? BC2 brah - I'll be on after my guitar lesson .. fuck I'm productive today - 2 hours at the gym and a guitar lesson soon and then BC2
COME AT ME BRO.

Reply #8474 Posted: August 13, 2011, 11:26:09 am